Contact us

Think Vs. Want to be on final

Grinch

^ Yeah but I don't think we'll get that much points from the countries in the same sf with us. Although I like our song, failure would be good for us so maybe we'll try national final system finally!

A-lister

Veteran
^ Yeah but I don't think we'll get that much points from the countries in the same sf with us. Although I like our song, failure would be good for us so maybe we'll try national final system finally!

Let's face it you're Turkey, hypothetically you could send 3 minutes of silence and all the nationalistic diaspora would vote for it anyways.

No offense, but this is a ESC-reality nowdays. If you don't qualify I'd be very surprised, but I agree it would do Turkey good not to so we'll get something stronger next year instead.

A-lister

Veteran
^
And a couple of others aswell.

Yes it is indeed, it takes away alot from the contest.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm praying that this year we won't make it! We have to! Horrible song!

Ironically this year you deserve to qualify, but I could point out some years you didn't though.

A-lister

Veteran
I like this! :ro: is one of those countries to and it's veru conforting to know we will qualify whatever we send :D

So you like it? But don't you think it partly destroys the contest where some countries really have to fight and might not even make it even with good songs and some just make it based on the country's name? I mean really? As comfortable as it might be, isn't it kinda sad?

EvNickGR

Greece has not much diaspora as Turkey. Main big cities in Europe with Greek diaspora are : Germany and Belgium. United Kingdom has only thousands of Greek students, not so much diaspora as Germany. So, Greece's good ESC results after 2003 was the good songs we were sending, not the diaspora :D

Sabiondo

Greece has not much diaspora as Turkey. Main big cities in Europe with Greek diaspora are : Germany and Belgium. United Kingdom has only thousands of Greek students, not so much diaspora as Germany. So, Greece's good ESC results after 2003 was the good songs we were sending, not the diaspora :D

Hahahaha tell me an other history of cowboys :lol::lol::lol::eek::eek:

lucian-crusher

So you like it? But don't you think it partly destroys the contest where some countries really have to fight and might not even make it even with good songs and some just make it based on the country's name? I mean really? As comfortable as it might be, isn't it kinda sad?

Isn't it sad that some countries pay a lot of money and go directly to the Final? We are just doing like the Big 5 but in a different way. It costs a lot of money to vote so.... The Spanish televote was the most expensive that year so you must think that TVE got about at least 15000 Euros only from Romanians voting for Romania, so did ARD from the Turks, RTBF from the Armenians and so on....
And come to think of it, from the countries that qualify by name, :ge: is the only one that doesen't deserve it this year. The other 8 really have great songs and they should qualify :D

Grinch

Let's face it you're Turkey, hypothetically you could send 3 minutes of silence and all the nationalistic diaspora would vote for it anyways.

Don't you find it annoying? After we qualify for the final, doesn't matter how crappy our song is, we are sure to be on top 15! (Mostly top 10 but remember horrible Gülseren & Sibel Tüzün!). But this year look at the 1st sf. It seems there are only a few countries will vote for us & considering the fact that most ppl don't like our song, I'd not be shocked if we'll not qualify.

Also I hate the way of choosing the song. TRT chooses a band/musician and they write a song immediately then we send it. It's like a dictatorship, unfair an stressful for the contestants. Live It Up my second favourite Turkish entry after For Real (2004) but the system need to change.

Grinch

Most countries have neighbours, some countries have diaspora to vote for them. It's all unfair and annoying to me.

A-lister

Veteran
Isn't it sad that some countries pay a lot of money and go directly to the Final? We are just doing like the Big 5 but in a different way. It costs a lot of money to vote so....

Sorry this argument is kinda silly, this goes for ALL countries outside of big 5, but not all have the diaspora to back them up. Also we all should know by now why there's a big 5 system in the first place.

And come to think of it, from the countries that qualify by name, :ge: is the only one that doesen't deserve it this year. The other 8 really have great songs and they should qualify :D

This is your subjective opinion.

A-lister

Veteran
Of course, it's my subjective opinion, but also if you say that :tr: and :gr: have bad songs this year it's your subjective opinion.....

Offcourse it is ;)

But it's not subjective that these countries gets help from diaspora no matter the songs though.

Top Bottom