Contact us

Things we have yet to see in an ESC entry....

wyq614

Beijing, China (Hometown: Qingdao, China)
not as a song but did you think on pilou's attempt to speak kind-of chinese last year? (many times)

Well, I meant to say "as a song"...

And something was incorrect there as the host said "In China, Emmelie was called xiao hudie among the fans, it means "little butterfly"

I don't know the source but Emmelie has never been called xiao hudie, her nickname is gongzhu (princess).

DanielLuis

We haven't seen a non-English entry translated with subtitles, shown either on the screen or superimposed on the broadcast....

We haven't seen an entry involving (on stage) or concerning the sauna, something that would surely be popular with us Nordics if it was attempted....

Pretty sure we never had a female rapper, or have we?

As someone mentioned before, Estonia and Finland translate the lyrics of the songs in the broadcast.
Also, Hungary projected the lyrics in English in the screens back in 2013.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The BBC also put up the lyrics on BBC red button. I don't know if they did it last year, but the definitely did in 2009.

popavapeur

[MENTION=10773]wyq614[/MENTION] i don't think it was a "true" fact, just a joke not really funny. Like a running gag about using chinese a last time.

Fluke

We haven't seen an entry involving roller skates or skateboards on stage. (There might be some very tiny use that i haven't noticed, but nothing major.)

There's never been an entry where the singer gets held up by others to "swim" or just face up while singing, like this:

article-1288239-0A208C32000005DC-111_634x353.jpg

There's never been an entry using paint, or some colored substance to make a total mess on stage.

There's never been choreography involving a "fake slow motion" effects, like at 2:22 in this MF entry:

There's never been a Turkish artist from Cyprus.

Brandt

There's never been an entry where the singer gets held up by others to "swim" or just face up while singing, like this:

article-1288239-0A208C32000005DC-111_634x353.jpg

vhw8Jfd.png

Close enough?

niko

Banned
There's never been choreography involving a "fake slow motion" effects, like at 2:22 in this MF entry:

There's never been a Turkish artist from Cyprus.

Armenia 2008. Thank God we haven't seen a Turkish artist from Cyprus.

Fluke

We haven't seen an entry with an outright "false ending" before the actual ending, though a few like Belarus "Mum" from 2006 came kinda close.

We haven't seen an entry in the form of a fictional national anthem, though there's been some in fictional languages like "Sanomi" which were kind of anthemic....

We haven't seen an entry using some kind of interactive audience participation, via Twitter for example, being shown on stage.

We haven't seen an entry featuring a "siamese twin suit" for two or more people, like this one....

Bild-2014-02-15-kl.-14.58.40.jpg

We haven't seen an entry where the lyrics are simply the same words repeated over and over, with nothing more.

We haven't seen an artist replaced entirely right before the deadline, performing the same tune - same artist with different tune, several times, but never the other way around.

We haven't seen a song in the form of 2 or 3 really short, entirely separate tunes. Technically there's nothing to forbid it, as long as the whole package is under 3 minutes, and it would be entirely possible and not all that strange for some genres like punk and traditional European-style folk, which frequently has tunes that short, and i'm really curious how that would be recieved.

anto475

An entry with some kind of robot, or video displayed character as a performer, not necessarily without live human performers on stage. Ukraine 2012 had some dancing figures, but they weren't really a major part of it.

An entry using the cameras as a part of the staging, like JEM in Melodifestivalen this year - Ukraine 2011 had a live camera being projected onto the screen, but they didn't move the camera itself in any way.

A male-on-male kiss - surprised there hasn't been one yet, though there might have been one outside of the actual entries.

A female-to-male drag act - really surprised there hasn't been one yet.

Latvia 2006

Not too sure what you mean by this, but would the end of Belarus 2014 fit that description?

Lithuania 2015

Latvia 2002!!

A song about an artist's personal experience with mental illness.

Norway 2014?

I do remember one like this, I can't remember who did it, but I do remember it. Also Greece 2005?

Brandt

bingo!!! also i suppose Latvia 2013 might kinda fit that description, with the crowd surf?

Plus Turkey 2006 and Armenia 2011 have done something like that.

Top Bottom