Contact us

The XXII Winter Olympic Games 2014 in Sochi, Russian Federation (7th - 23rd of February 2014)

vatroslav_cro

Croatia/ Kroatien/ Croatie/ Croacia/ Croazia/ Hrva
One of the most important sport event in 2014 will take place in Sochi, Russian Federation. A little bit more than two months left until the beginning. It will be the first winter olympic games organized in this country. Moscow was the host of the Summer Olympics in 1980, when Russia was a part of Soviet Union. The XXII Olympic games will be opened in the new Fisht Olympic stadium near Sochi, which is able to receive 40.000 viewers. During the Games, 98 events in 15 winter sport disciplines will be held:
Biathlon,Bobsleigh: Bobsleigh and Skeleton
Curling
Ice Hockey
Luge
Skating: Figure Skating, Short Track Speed Skating and Speed Skating
Skiing: Alpine, Cross Country, Nordic Combined, Ski Jumping, Freestyle and Snowboard

So what are your expectations? Who will be your favourite athlete (or team) you'll root for?
Of course, when the upcoming Games will start, you will be able to leave your comments and impressions here all the time:).

The official website of the Games (in English):

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics - Olympic Tickets, Schedules, Games, News

esc87fan

I'm really looking forward to it, especially to see Team Canada capitalize on the momentum they've gotten from Vancouver 2010

Scooby

Can't wait till February. My fave part will be ice hockey tournament where I expect a lot of great games. Russia will probably do everything to finally take that olimpic gold (this time on home ground), Canada is great as usual and USA want to beat rival on their ground (I mean Russia). And I will cheer for Slovenia of course, hope they can do well and make a positive surprise (like Belarus did in Vancouver with semifinal).

Even Serbia is not a winter sport nation, so far we have at least 10 athletes qualified (bob 4 plus maybe 2, alpine skiing 2, biathlon 2, snowboard 1 and cross country skiing 2).

ShoeFlo

I hope Germany will recapture the 1st rank in medal table :p
Well, the only discipline I'm very interested in is ski jumping, but I hope the other sports will be thrilling too, thereby I'm entertained the whole games

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
If It's half as good as Vancouver was, then I'll be happy. If not, then we can at least look forward to political storm during the event.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I'm not really looking forward to the Olympics at this point, because I feel it was a mistake to let Sochi host them. But, as we get closer to the events, I'll probably get excited anyway. :p

Scooby

I'm not really looking forward to the Olympics at this point, because I feel it was a mistake to let Sochi host them.

But why you think like that?

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
But why you think like that?

This isn't really the right forum for that, but "human rights" are key words here. I dunno about media in other countries, but Norwegian media have gone deeper than the glory picture given by the Russians, and they were even arrested because of it. Nobody is allowed to criticize it (even if what they find is actually the truth). And obviously their take on gay people is a bit of a problem...

Sultana

Ι'm also not happy with this event
I like Olympics but please not in Russia

Sultana

And obviously their take on gay people is a bit of a problem...
Ιt is not political problem
It is inside people, I am really against gays but I'm agree that everyone should have equal rights

Scooby

Well that's a sport competition and athletes go there to compete not to make a political debates . There is no place for politics on Olympics at all.

USA hosted many Olympics so far, but who can guaranteed that everything is ideal there about human rights (I mean there is so many ppl without a medical care and health insurance, high level of racism against Latinoamerikans in southern parts and blah blah)

dogmeat

Can't we for once have a major sports or cultural event without some people spoiling it with pointless political drama?

vatroslav_cro

Croatia/ Kroatien/ Croatie/ Croacia/ Croazia/ Hrva
Can't we for once have a major sports or cultural event without some people spoiling it with pointless political drama?

I agree! Please, people. let's get focused on the SPORT, please!:)

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

I don't know, why don't you ask Russia? The problem is at their end.

Ιt is not political problem
It is inside people, I am really against gays but I'm agree that everyone should have equal rights

Seriously?

Top Bottom