2021 : Lithuania
2022 : Ireland
2023 : Lithuania
2024 : Lithuania
2025 : Germany
2026 : Denmark
2027 : Lithuania

Alaska49

the beauty of eurovision is, indeed, that anything could happen. i had portugal as "long way to go" and they did it! it was clearly not in their initial plans, but they did it. i will now amend my prediction, starting with the top 10 most likely at this point:

:bg::be::nl::it::se::au::ee::lv::fr::no:

still keeping latvia in the top 10 despite this year. supernova had a lot of quality and triana park was a solid choice that just didn't work.

also, the other countries, with some going up and others going down

they have everything but nobody wants them to win: :ru::ua: (i'd be very surprised if ebu didn't give ukraine this treatment after the julia debacle)
have shown exemplary entry selection sometimes this decade, they just need more determination: :hu:
strong entry selection, but presentation often lacks appeal: :pl::mt::fi::am::sl::az::ro: (i actually still believe malta wins soon beecause DESTINY IS ELIGIBLE NEXT YEARRRRR but this year was such a mess and it's clear they are saving effort for the future)
the potential is there but it's brought down by wrong decisions in all stages: :dk::cz::is::gr::cy::il:
might randomly win with no effort because they pick entries out of a hat: :ge:
just did super well despite a weak national final, no idea what happens now: :pt::md:
the effort in entry selection is there but it's very misguided: :lt::al:
lack a bit of everything but aren't hopeless: :at::rs::mk::hr::by:
have a long way to go to even start considering a victory: :uk::sm::sk::me::ba::de:
will never win if they don't accept they are doing everything wrong: :ie::ch::es:
they have everything to win but are too whiny to come back: :tr:

of course, even spain could luck out like portugal did, but the stars don't aliign like this so often.

Ezio

Veteran
2018 :ru:
2019 :mt:
2020 :hr:
2021 :no:
2022 :se:
2023 :dk:
2024 :nl: runner-up :at:
2025 :be:
2026 :am:
2027 :de:

I think Sweden is not gonna win in at least the next 3 years, maybe even fail to quality once, since things are getting very serious until midyear 2020. Later on, the trends are more loose and music and fashion are not taken that serious anymore. There will a trend again to pop with no strings attached.

If Russia brings Yulya Samoylevya in 2018, they might pull of victory, since a break often levers victory and with Jupiter Scorpio the motto could be "perseverance".

2019 Destiny from Malta is allowed to enter the competition and I bet she would. Therefore she is the consequential winner.

NemesisNick

2019 Destiny from Malta is allowed to enter the competition and I bet she would. Therefore she is the consequential winner.
Do you mean Destiny Chukunyere who won the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2015 with the song "Not My Soul"? Do you really think she'll win the ESC if she enters when she's old enough to?

Don't forget, the Tolmachevy Sisters won the JESC 2006 representing Russia with the song "Vesenniy Jazz", but when they represented Russia in ESC 2014 with the song "Shine" they finished 7th overall with 89 points.

In other words, past JESC winners won't necessarily succeed at ESC.

Ezio

Veteran
Destiny got an atomic voice though

lucian-crusher

Here is something I noticed

- 2004 - :gr: surprisegly wins EURO in :pt:
- 2005 - :gr: wins ESC in :ua:
- 2016 - :pt: surprisengly wins EURO in :fr:
- 2017 - :pt: wins ESC in :ua:

This means that we already know two future Eurovision winners:
- 2028 - :ua:
- 2029 - :fr:

Realest

2018 :ru:
If Russia brings Yulya Samoylevya in 2018, they might pull of victory, since a break often levers victory and with Jupiter Scorpio the motto could be "perseverance".

Russia will never win with such a bad singer. Even Polina and Sergey couldnt win and they are worlds better than her.

Realest

I think its about Time that Belgium and Bulgaria win. Then of course Sweden will win again in a few years since they have the best NF. Maybe Italy and Russia after lots of good Placements. And then might come a surprising winner like Cyprus or Georgia.

John1

I'm pretty confident about the victory of :fr: and :ru: in the next 10 years. May we take a look at the remaining 8...

:bg:, :mt:, :hr:, :nl:, :it:, :pl:, :be:, :is:*.

* : This seems pretty unlikely to me, as :is: doesn't get a decent selection process, due to the fact that most of the entries which are 'internally' selected and due to perform in this national final are usually weaker than the others throughout Europe. What does :is: keep picking their song out through this awful preselection for? Lack of money, motivation, willing artists?

Indeed, they could win the whole thing by choosing their entry through an internal selection, but they don't have the guts to do so. This is a waste of money and time, because they perfectly know that there won't be any songs like 'Is it true?', which could provide them the opportunity to win, ever again.

JSSArcos

I think you can change the result if you change the national selection :uk::es::gr::cz::de::ie::pt:

* With the victory of savior I think the eurovision, will be very important for the Portuguese, and I think it can bring great results for portugal

Charly

2018: Russia
2019: Sweden
2020: Hmm xthink Bulgaria
2021: Sweden
2022: Italy
2023: Sweden
2024: Russia
2025: Sweden
2026: Azerbaijan
2027: Sweden
2028: Belgium

DanielLuis

Sweden 5 times and Russia twice would be incredibly boring. No chance of either happening, though.

Top Bottom