Contact us

The Three Way Battle: Italy v Portugal v Bulgaria

Who do you WANT to win?

• Total voters

Jacketh

I hope this is allowed!

All the hype on Tuesday was Portugal. It came into contention, and was at one point favourite. It's now sitting comfortably in second place following Italy.

Today, it was Bulgaria's turn. Kristian slayed, and his odds have rapidly come down too - helped by the second half draw.

I think you'd have to be a very bold person to say we're not going to end up in Italy, Bulgaria, or Portugal next year! Who out of three do you prefer, and who do you think will win?

I think all three would be very worthy winners personally. I love Bulgaria and would like Kristian to win. Italy I have been listening to for months and enjoy, but the novelty is slowly wearing off... and Portugal, well - I don't enjoy it much or feel much from it. But I can appreciate it. And Lisbon would be great! I also have some money on it :mrgreen:

DanielLuis

Can you imagine in 2010 what people would think if you said that the 2017 contest would be contested between Portugal, Italy and Bulgaria?

PashonFrut

Portugal all the way.

May as well start with the preparations for next year's Eurovision in Lisbon.

Jacketh

Can you imagine in 2010 what people would think if you said that the 2017 contest would be contested between Portugal, Italy and Bulgaria?

Haha, well - I'm not saying its 100% going to be one of these :D But I think it is extremely likely.

midnightsun

Veteran
I think wh should include Belgium as well. It seems to have a great fanbase. Actually, it would have been +Belgium + Sweden, so maybe we can do a top 5?

Jacketh

I think wh should include Belgium as well. It seems to have a great fanbase. Actually, it would have been +Belgium + Sweden, so maybe we can do a top 5?

I was tempted to include them here but I'm focusing more on who is likely to win. Belgium is currently 41-1. Not impossible... but I think it is unlikely.

Synergise

Absolutely Portugal. Wouldn't mind Italy, but would be pretty disappointed with Bulgaria. It's probably in my bottom 10 in the final, just doesn't do anything for me, though Kristian is clearly a very good singer.

midnightsun

Veteran
Absolutely Portugal. Wouldn't mind Italy, but would be pretty disappointed with Bulgaria. It's probably in my bottom 10 in the final, just doesn't do anything for me, though Kristian is clearly a very good singer.

I have the same feeling concerning Portugal. In the end, we all agree on Italy and then we are again at the point of where it all started and Italy was the clear winner. :mrgreen:

Apart from that, I don't think it's bad we now have three top contenders like in 2015 and 2016. Makes things more exciting.

Synergise

I have the same feeling concerning Portugal. In the end, we all agree on Italy and then we are again at the point of where it all started and Italy was the clear winner. :mrgreen:

Apart from that, I don't think it's bad we now have three top contenders like in 2015 and 2016. Makes things more exciting.

Bulgaria is performing 25th, so he also has that massive advantage (Italy 9th, Portugal 11th). Will be interesting to see how that affects the voting splits!

ES2011

:it: all the way till the end, don't let the hype die down before the finish :lol:
:bg: is my second favourite so I guess I have big chance on becoming happy saturday evening :)
:pt: is my number 16, which would make me a bit disappointed if it won, but I would get over it really soon as it is still a great entry.

Usually I like and dislike one and the one I dislike wins or I just don't like any of the favorites at all.
2014: Conchita was my number 21
2015: Mans was my number 18
2016: Jamala was my number 36
Never in my live I would see that three songs I like fighting it out over the Eurovision title, so excited for the final.

Alaska49

NOT portugal, please. i voted italy because it's happening, but bulgaria would be delightful too.

Charly

Team Lisbon

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd much rather if :be: or :uk: were racing actually but:

1. :pt:
2. :it:
3. :bg:

anto475

I think it'll be Portugal. Italy has a good position but Portugal is so different and stands out so much that, when put between the loud and dramatic Denmark and the exciting and bizarre Azerbaijan, it really comes into its own and stays in peoples' minds. Bulgaria right after Sweden and Belgium is a disaster for them. It's too late in the show as well. Lisbon 2018? Parabéns Portugal, vos mereceis sua vitoria a maioria!!

Top Bottom