Contact us

THE STAGE

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
During the Head of Delegation meeting we got some interesting information about the stage design.

The stage will include a satellite approximately 40 metres in front of the stage, and will have a huge LED-screen in the backpart. The stage was intentionally kept small, as the concentration should be in the centre of attention. The floor of the stage will be equipped with LED-stripes and will have two ramps. The Green Room will be situated behind the stage. The LED-walls will be 60 x 18 metres with 520 lightning units, and the audience light will be part of the staging. Furthermore, 26 cameras will be in use.

Kryptonite

Sounds great, but it's kinda hard to imagine it. I would need a sketch or something :D
Anyways, I'm sure that the stage will look great. I googled the previous work of light designer (Jerry Appelt) and here are some results:

Unser star für Oslo 2010
lightpowerstarfueroslo.jpg

Commonwealth games ceremony
commonwealth.jpg

Hm... Probably New year celebration
381147370087214de068.jpg

JackBauer

Yeah Germany and a lot to make up to us for the 1983's stage and endless voting & presentation only beaten by toto in Italy, 1983 had a great winner thought, i hope for the same in Dusseldorf .

Milos-BC

I think the stage will be just awesome. I missed the LED screens last year, even though I liked the Oslo stage as well. The description of it really makes me wonder how it may look like :D

Ah yes, and I liked 1983 stage as well :)

Joabi

I can imagine a "flying" satellite like they used at the bundesvision song contest last year:
[video]http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7785063/Bundesvision_Song_Contest_2010_Teil_7[/video]

Fichko

I cant wait to see the stage !!! I think the stage will be soo cool and modern !!!

Starmania

LED returns. That's the best news imo. Norway didn't prepare good stage as they make every year for MGP.

alca

I can imagine a "flying" satellite like they used at the bundesvision song contest last year:
[video]http://www.myvideo.de/watch/7785063/Bundesvision_Song_Contest_2010_Teil_7[/video]

I like that! :)

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
I think that it'll be definitely better than Norway's stage (it wasn't bad, but expected more :/)

Quent91

yeah, it's the first time ever the stage will be in the very middle of the audience. I wonder which way will use the singers to get on that :p

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Never mind, the dticket website has been updated, too. And the greyed out ones are probably sold out.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I am still confused about the stage show. Is the entire dark blue area in the center the stage? Cause that would mean I have pretty awesome seats!

anselm

I am still confused about the stage show. Is the entire dark blue area in the center the stage? Cause that would mean I have pretty awesome seats!

No, the dark blue area IS the stage as far as I understand. :p And it's probably not a 360° stage. B, A and N are could likely be the green room.

Joabi

I think the big led-wall will be located behind of the blocks a,b and n. so the stage would be sourrounded by the audience.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I don't think that's really possible. How would they get all the acts on and off the stage, not even mentioning the equipment? There must an area right behind the stage for that.

Top Bottom