Contact us

The professional Jury Thread 2022

Realest

Surprised that noone opened it until yet.

Lets discuss all Highlights/Trivia/Fun Facts/ Scandals about this Years Juryvoting.

midnightsun

Veteran
Yes, you are right. I remember in 2010, Germany gave 0 points to Safura, because she was the main rival of Lena.

Yes, all countries do that, Germany not excluded. In fact, our jury is amongst the most suspicious. Nobody would expect this from Germany and nobody asked why German jurors had all the same (!) #1 each year from 2013-2018. If it was Azerbaijan, Georgia or Romania, for example, they would have been disqualified for irregularities, but you know, it’s Germany, it’s the big 5, so nobody asks… #abolishjuries #atleastpartly

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Supposed cheating incidents aside, the one thing I really don't understand are all the points Azerbaijan have been getting.

Imagine listening to the 2022 finale, reaching Fade to Black and thinking "Yep! *that's* The One!". Did the Spanish employ neural nets as opposed to people, or?

hijirio

Veteran
I stopped reading after seeing “professional” xrofl

ESC_12 points

Yes, all countries do that, Germany not excluded. In fact, our jury is amongst the most suspicious. Nobody would expect this from Germany and nobody asked why German jurors had all the same (!) #1 each year from 2013-2018. If it was Azerbaijan, Georgia or Romania, for example, they would have been disqualified for irregularities, but you know, it’s Germany, it’s the big 5, so nobody asks… #abolishjuries #atleastpartly
You are right, we need more transparency.

Regarding Azerbaijan, I think after the fake video about Azerbaijan, where a man was giving money to a Lithuanian or Latvian student to vote for Azerbaijan, which was nothing but intentionally made video to damage the reputation of Azerbaijan, where unfortunately masses believed to that because not they are stupid but because they wanted to "believe" in it. Azerbaijan should leave Eurovision already back in that time. And now when the EBU accused Azerbaijan, Romania, Georgia, Poland, SM, Serbia. Most of them issued statements and denied that they voted for each other. I think Azerbaijan should leave the Eurovision. They will never get any high points and end up in 15-25 places. If they get high points, they will be accused that their points are corrupted. What is the point for them to be in the ESC? They should leave yesterday.

Brandt

Imagine listening to the 2022 finale, reaching Fade to Black and thinking "Yep! *that's* The One!".
?

That's straight out insulting people who enjoyed Azerbaijan?

midnightsun

Veteran
Like me, who voted a lot times for Azerbaijan, in Semi 2 (half my votes went to AZE) AND in the GF (a quarter of my votes went to AZE) because I HONESTLY liked the song.

Anyway, I can cope with that, tastes are different. :) Obviously only me likes soppy overdramatic ballads but ok.

ESC_12 points

Supposed cheating incidents aside, the one thing I really don't understand are all the points Azerbaijan have been getting.

Imagine listening to the 2022 finale, reaching Fade to Black and thinking "Yep! *that's* The One!". Did the Spanish employ neural nets as opposed to people, or?
This is very unmannered and inappropriate comment, people have different taste and not necessarily your or someone else's taste is better than others. I did not like the song myself, it is not my cup of tea, but I would not insult those who liked it.

In fact, Azerbaijan received it is high points in SF 2 from Spain (12), Germany (10) and UK (8), Serbia (8), Finland (7) Estonia (6). It is highly unlikely that the jury of these countries would give them points for nothing. The song has lots of positive comments on Youtube from the UK. Many my friends in London like it and our presenter Graham Norton also commented on his voice.

Rocket man

This is very unmannered and inappropriate comment, people have different taste and not necessarily your or someone else's taste is better than others. I did not like the song myself, it is not my cup of tea, but I would not insult those who liked it.

In fact, Azerbaijan received it is high points in SF 2 from Spain (12), Germany (10) and UK (8), Serbia (8), Finland (7) Estonia (6). It is highly unlikely that the jury of these countries would give them points for nothing. The song has lots of positive comments on Youtube from the UK. Many my friends in London like it and our presenter Graham Norton also commented on his voice.
Yeah, I would have had Azerbaijan in my top 10 in the final too, it must have suited the UK's taste.

Realest

Imdividual Jury-Rankings

avzWOrpPA_1kMuO4iZ8NsKuttZgPoKLh1ZOAFyPXPrZP6CQEi_7tdkyj_bC7CG4drOs6avlUF1gEkROy0HN99K-b.jpg

Loindici

Veteran

crals

the fake video about Azerbaijan, where a man was giving money to a Lithuanian or Latvian student to vote for Azerbaijan, which was nothing but intentionally made video to damage the reputation of Azerbaijan
Imagine being this delusional

Top Bottom