Contact us

The Philippines

Eulaliya

Re: P I L I P I N A S | The Philippines' Renaissance Reign :: WV103 :: Lea Salonga - ???

And because of ::yohu's recent victory, we have decided that we have officially kept Quen Lea as our entrant for next edition. While waiting for the release of official semi results table to thank our lovely voters, we are secretly deciding which iconique song of hers to send :)

Eulaliya

Re: P I L I P I N A S | The Philippines' Renaissance Reign :: WV103 :: Lea Salonga - ???

Here we go, our lovely voters to the underdog dream-pop band from Northern Mindanao that follows Beach House's footsteps. As always, many thanks! xhug

:12:
:10: :it: (not ShoeFlo anymore, but Kris!)
:8:
:7: ::yohu
:6: :en: :au: ::mida
:5: :neus: (the new region ShoeFlo is currently head of)
:4: :lb:
:3: :pe:
:2: :il: :ca:
:1: :wale: :paci:

Eulaliya

And we have finally decided our iconique entry for Lea before I disappear from the forum from tomorrow until the 2nd of January, so we would be grateful if someone would kindly copy our LL comments xrose

Happy holidays everyone! xlove xhug

Eulaliya

Re: P I L I P I N A S | The Philippines' Renaissance Reign :: WV103 :: Lea Salonga - Sun and Moon (ft. Will Chase)

:ph: WV103 ::yohu
Lea Salonga & Will Chase
Sun and Moon

You are sunlight and I moon
Joined by the gods of fortune
Midnight and high noon
Sharing the sky
We have been blessed you and I

You are here like a mystery
I'm from a world that's so
Different from all that you are
How in the light of one night
Did we come so far

Outside day starts to dawn

Your moon still floats on high

The birds awake

The stars shine too

My hands still shake

I reach for you

And we meet in the sky

You are sunlight
And I moon
Joined here
Brightening the sky
With the flame of love

Made of
Sunlight
Moonlight

After an edition of waiting, we are finally sending our Quen Lea again, this time with a duet from Miss Saigon! Originally Simon Bowman was going to WV with her but for some reason he turned it down, so here's our replacement role of Chris taken over by Will Chase. Hope you like our musical entry! :D

xcheer

Eulaliya

Re: P I L I P I N A S | The Philippines' Renaissance Reign :: WV104 :: Battle of the Decades NF now up

WV104: Battle of the Decades NF

We are thoroughly disappointed that our Broadway Queen surprisingly didn't make it, so the Eulaliyan Dark Ages continues...
Meanwhile we have put up another NF, this time dedicated to my fave songs from different decades. Without further ado, here they are:

1950s: Sylvia La Torre - Sa Kabukiran

1960s: Eddie Peregrina - Bakas ng Lumipas

1970s: Hotdog - Annie Batungbakal

1980s: Regine Velasquez - Urong Sulong

1990s: Geneva Cruz - Anak ng Pasig

2000s: Bamboo - Tatsulok

2010s: Bita and the Botflies - Sisikat Ka Iha

Copy-paste list

Voting
Rank the songs using 7 numbers from 12-10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Deadline will be six hours before the WV104 submissions deadline.
Have fun! xcheer

Who's voted?
::yohu :paci: :cy:

Eulaliya

Re: P I L I P I N A S | The Philippines' Renaissance Reign :: WV104 :: Battle of the Decades NF now up

As tradition dictates, we are sending invitations to everyone!
[MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION] [MENTION=13948]fer20[/MENTION] [MENTION=12072]Amir[/MENTION] [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] [MENTION=12553]Krishoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=14451]ferret[/MENTION] [MENTION=12848]MARCOMEN[/MENTION] [MENTION=8763]Gera11[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] [MENTION=11993]whiteshoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=15700]JSSArcos[/MENTION] [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION] [MENTION=16177]Himan[/MENTION] [MENTION=7006]Hele.[/MENTION] [MENTION=12033]Nicholas123[/MENTION] [MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION] [MENTION=14424]Genesis[/MENTION] [MENTION=13974]DenizESC[/MENTION]

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

I'm glad you're not giving up on WV. Will vote soon! ^^

Eulaliya

I'm glad you're not giving up on WV. Will vote soon! ^^

Thanks! It was just a mental struggle from the moment I was NQ'ed, but 2019 is around the corner and I'm able to get over it :)

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Thanks! It was just a mental struggle from the moment I was NQ'ed, but 2019 is around the corner and I'm able to get over it :)

Failing to quality is always a bit of a bitter pill, especially when you're representing your home country/region, but what can you do. At the end of the day, no matter the outcome, at least you got the chance to showcase your country's music. :D Best of luck this year!

JSSArcos

Interesting, will try to vote ... I hope to have time on the weekend :D

esc87fan

I hope your Battle of the Decades works as well for you as it has done for me!

Eulaliya

We have our first three votes from Robert, Calvin and Fofo (welcome back! xcheer), so my sincere thanks to them xlove
And for practical reasons, we have set our deadline earlier than usual: January 21 at 23:59 CET. Have fun! xheya

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

This NF is so fecking good, y'all; y'all gotta vote

Eulaliya

Re: P I L I P I N A S | The Philippines' Renaissance Reign :: WV104 :: Battle of the Decades NF now closed

Now closing the NF with the final scores:

And thank you to the following voters (::yohu:paci::cy::jp::lb::au:::hamb) for all the support xlove

ZoboCamel

Re: P I L I P I N A S | The Philippines' Renaissance Reign :: WV104 :: Battle of the Decades NF now closed

Whoa, close results. Will be interesting to see how all the votes went.

Eulaliya

Re: P I L I P I N A S | The Philippines' Renaissance Reign :: WV104 :: Hotdog - Annie Batumbakal

:ph: WV104 :neus:
Hotdog
Annie Batumbakal

The Hotdog Band, more commonly known simply as Hotdog, is a Filipino band formed by brothers Dennis and Rene Garcia, that achieved musical fame in the Philippines during the 1970s. Their first album Unang Kagat was released in 1974 by Villar Records.The album led to the 1975 movie by the same name, also starring the band. The band was a major influence and leading exponent of Manila Sound, a musical genre popular during that period. Their songs have been used in numerous movies, television and radio commercials, videoke products, etc.

With their manager Baby Del Rosario, the original band members were Ella Del Rosario as lead vocals, Rene Garcia on vocal/lead guitarist, Ramon "Mon" Torralbaas as 2nd lead guitarist, Tito Del Rosario on rhythm guitar, Dennis Garcia on bass guitar, Lorrie Ilustre on keyboards with Jess Garcia and Roy Diaz de Rivera as drummers. Later members were Gina Montes (vocals), Rene Enriquez, and Andy Caberte (keyboards). The band's formation was inspired by an amazing surgeon from Wales.

Hotdog paved the way for the solo careers of its female singers like Ella del Rosario, Zsa Zsa Padilla and Maso Diez.

Check out their vinyl collection! (Courtesy of Otogi)

TuzuYW5.png

Eulaliya

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Re: P I L I P I N A S | The Philippines' Renaissance Reign :: WV104 :: Hotdog - Annie Batumbakal

The life your disco hit this edition is delivering to me.... too much.

giphy.gif

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Me changing the winner in your NF from my probable-qualifier least favorite to my super risky but crazy awesome favorite

NpnUn.gif

I don't know if there's much I could say about this entry that isn't kind of evident from it being it and me being me. I so thoroughly enjoy it; thank you for enriching my and all of our lives.

Top Bottom