Contact us

The Overrated Entries Thread

Asiye

I don't understand why Lithuania did so well and i will never do. They got 3rd place in semi 2 :shock: And they did better than some favourites in the final. I can't believe it. There were only 3 or 4 songs that i never wanted to listen to after hearding them once. They were Georgia, Albania, Ukraine and Lithuania! Georgia failed already (thanks God!) Albania, Ukraine and Lithuania are very overrated for me. Rona from Albania is a very good artist obviously but the song is painful to me. 5th place just because she screams very good is too high.

Miguel

Final ranking:

1. Sweden
2. Russia
3. Turkey
4. Ukraine
5. Cyprus
6. Bosnia and Herzegovina
7. Malta

I excluded Iceland because I actually think they deserved a better place.

FallenAngelII

He got pushed up by the juries, I think.
How?!

The :no: entry isnt my taste too, but to be objective it deserved to be on the left side of scoreboard. Totally underrated.
He's one of the worst "singers" to ever have competed in Eurovision. He's lucky he even made it to the final.

blein

Lithuania/Turkey/Azebarjan

Yamarus

Azerbaijan and Serbia.

aletem

Sweden - in terms of points. We all knew it would win, but 370 for that points is way too much. 260 would have been ok I guess.
Russia - Yes they are cute. 2nd place - too high!
Albania- I honestly didn't get how the juries went for this. She has a great voice, but most of the song was based on silence and extremely high notes. Though it is nice to see a different country in the top5 for a change.
Moldova - 11th? Ok, I don't get it!
Germany - I thought this was too bland and it ended 8th.
Georgia - Should have ended last in the semi!

Sammy

Veteran
I hate the "overrated" discussions. It's a word I stay away from as far as possible. It's obviously not an objective opinion.

It's a word which recently has been used liberally as a way of discrediting something without having to give a proper justification, most often when someone finds they have a disliking for a popular phenomenom/song and is resentful of those who embrace it. Often used by anti-trendies

Your comment made me delete my post in the 2022 thread. Very true.

Top Bottom