Contact us

The Overrated and Underrated of 2019

aletem

I would say Russia. Most fans seem to ditch it, but it will do better than people expect.

Overrated: Slovenia and maybe even Switzerland (even tho I like it)

Underrated :se:
giphy.gif

To be fair, people this year actually don't give a damn about Sweden and seem very disinterested in forums to discuss Sweden or the song. I personally like it and enjoy it. Not sure how people would digest it, as it is too American-Hallelujah-Praise The Lord- type of song. Compared to other years, they are a bit underrated yes. :lol:

nofuxCZ

Well, I do think Sweden is overrated. It will finish in top 10, but no way it will be top 5. The problem I have with it is that it is again very well polished, but the soul is missing, which is ironic considering it's a soul/gospel song. I don't think the viewers will have a strong connection with it.

Miloutchi

I think Sweden is a bit overrated too. I think it will be top10 easily, because it is still one of the better songs, but it misses something. I think Italy, Russia, Switzerland and the Netherlands all have better chances at the moment. And I wouldn’t count out Greece and Iceland either. And personally, I hope Slovenia gets a top5 result too. :lol:

I think it is a bit outdated... This is the kind of song I would have loved 10 years ago. The choir on the background makes it a bit cheesy and outdated for me. Also, I can see that the singer knows how to perform, but still it is too macho for me. And as someone pointed it out already, I get American Praise the Lord vibes too.

Ps. I hope I used reasonable arguments for why I think Sweden won’t do as well as usual. Don’t want to upset anybody.

Swedenvision

Well, I do think Sweden is overrated. It will finish in top 10, but no way it will be top 5. The problem I have with it is that it is again very well polished, but the soul is missing, which is ironic considering it's a soul/gospel song. I don't think the viewers will have a strong connection with it.

Disagree...
The song and performance is so upflifting and positive, viewers will like this.
John deserves at least top 5.

xDEWx

Overrated: the borefest of :be: and :nl:

Underrated: the bop from :by: and :az:

Ezio

Veteran
Overrated: :nl: :ru: :ch: :cy:
Underrated: :pt: :fr: :se: :sl:

Pawhlen

So what´s missing according to you? Just asking

Toposcoupe

Is Ireland overrated ? :rolleyes:

Fair enough :D But it isn't among the bottom 15 with the odds. Even though I think the song is just fine, I fear the worst for Ireland. The song is not without charm and her voice is good, but it might be just a little bit too unremarkable to stand a chance (of qualifying).

Citelis

Ireland is amazing and criminally underrated but they gave her the worst possible running order!

Top Bottom