Contact us

The Overrated and Underrated of 2019

Ianp16

Ireland is so underated this year! They've had a bit of a mixed decade or so for sure, but its such a charming little song, I have a feeling it'll be popular with the jury, and perhaps a burst of the general public on the night.

Agree BUT Have you seen the girl perform? From what I've seen she can sing but not very engaging. I am preying she is the shock of the year and kills it but who knows. I think the song is really catchy and cute and could come alive with a energetic/unusual performance.

Ianp16

Overrated: :no: Not that I don't like the song, it's just too much of a mashup of previous songs and a bit 2008 Eurovision.

Underrated: :ie: In terms of songs I think it's a strong, infectious tune.

Teaisloveable

Agree BUT Have you seen the girl perform? From what I've seen she can sing but not very engaging. I am preying she is the shock of the year and kills it but who knows. I think the song is really catchy and cute and could come alive with a energetic/unusual performance.

Ah is that so? I'll admit I have only heard the studio version, I've not seen it live (or anything else by her live for that matter).
I hope so too! It would be nice to see Ireland do deservedly well this year, let's just hope she can allow that to happen!

gingerale

My conclusion is based (and completely biased) on the placings in the odds (current placings in brackets). :)

OVER:
:gr: (08) (like every year. an interesting artist, but I find the entry a mediocre radio song.)
:ch: (03) (it's good but not that good. it lacks that special something.)
:se: (04) (like almost every year. it’s a pitch perfect pop song, but other countries caught up in that field. )
:ru: (02) (although it will do well as expected. but the song as a recording does nothing for me.)
:fr: (13) (is he really that interesting people outside France would vote vor him? because the song is not.)

UNDER:
:cz: (22) (maybe it’s around for too long but this could be the perfect season opener. catchy, uniqe and very likable.)
:at: (31) (like almost every year. an interesting artist with an atmospheric and personal song.)
:az: (15) (in the group of bops this brings its very own formula. cooler than the other kids.)
:by: (34) (instant and likeable. this would be loved if it would be another country.)
:ge: (39) (raw emotion and vocal talent. Albania is always praised for that kind of entry.)

martin

Overrathed

Switzerland: Love the song, but don,t think this will do so well. Maybe around 15 Place

Norway: Fanfavoritt. Afraid jury will vote this down. Looks a little like Finland last year and some other song Eurovision fan loves, but not get the same loves in Eurovision

The Netherlands: Love it, but don,t see it winning. More like a top 5-8

Underrathed:

Malta: My guess is that jury will loving it. Could easy end top 10

Portugal: This going to stand out in televoting

Czech Republic: Is only 21 in odds. Could easy see this scores well in televoting

Hungary: Last time he was top 10 and this is a pretty good song. One of few songs in own language

esc87fan

Overrated: :ch::se::ru::cy::pt::it:
Underrated: :de::ro:

Gitte

Overrated: Switzerland. Never liked this kind of songs (dancestuff) and I also dislike seeing social life portrayed like that. Everythign about the song is just off-putting to me. A macho 'hot 'guy that necessarily wants to dance with some basic bitch girl oh wow groundbreaking.

Underrated: GERMANY

ps. I'm quite feministic. Could explain my choices.

midnightsun

Veteran
Underrated: GERMANY

Agree on that one. Not because it's my homecountry (I actually disliked almost all of our songs the past two deacdes wholeheartedly) but because I REALLY think it's a great song, great message, powerful girls, powerful performance. Will do much better than expected, especially the public vote. Jury will downgrade it a bit but top 10 is possible despite the contradiction in the odds.

hungo

i think this year there will be a lot of surprises.

overrated: switzerland, norway, slovenia, spain, cyprus
underrated: azerbaijan, czech republic, austria

this does not reflect my personal taste.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
:de: is overrated. The reason: more than 0 people like it. The only context in which Sister is underrated is in how goddamn terrible it is.

Iker

Veteran
Overrated :cy: I just see nothing special in it but it's very popular right now (I mean tops etc.), also :ru:

Underrated: :mt: (it's my dark horse for snatching top 5 placement and in my personal pre-contest top 10 ), :ie:, :de: - because so many find it terrible yet I don't think it is. They can't though explain what they find so discouraging in it once they're asked.

Citelis

Overrated and underrated at the same time = :gr:

Overrated because it is not going to win SF1 as most people say and underrated because it is far better song than most people say!

Top Bottom