Contact us

The Overrated and Underrated of 2018

Let's bring up this good ol' topic of what's overrated and underrated.

Post like this;

Overrated
:se: :ee: :cz:
Underrated
:it: :sm: :sl:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Let's start with overrated because it's more straightforward. My bottom four of :nl: :de: :dk: :cz: all seem to be pretty broad fan favorites, so I'm going with those four.

:is: is bad. It rounds out my bottom 5, actually, but holy crap it's getting excoriated. By not thinking of it as Eurovision's very worst, I suppose I'm characterizing it as "underrated." But still, bad. Not the hill I want to die on. I'm at peace with :sm: having its few fans - it seems like they were going for a cult favorite, and, per :sm: tradition, that's what they got. :me: maybe counts. I think it's an exquisite piece, and it's also one that currently sits last in the Ranking Game and has received reserved at best responses from even its genre's ardent fans. But I understand the slightly uncanny feel that's turning people off. I don't have the chip on my shoulder that sort of comes with the territory of thinking of something as overrated or underrated. My response to :ro: was so personal that I, likewise, am not upset with its not-great reception. :md: is absolutely underrated. It's a beautiful and extremely charming combination of the earnest, fun, is-this-real trash of early 2000s Eurovision and the timeless (at Eurovision) selling out of folk traditions into 3-minute pop packages that people really seem to be sleeping on. So there's my answer. :md: is underrated.

tl;dr Overrated: :nl: :de: :dk: :cz: Underrated: :md:

Realest

Overrated: :ua: :fr: :fi:
Underrated: :ee: :md: :ro: :by: and especially :rs:

carl1

Latvia is underrated. One of the best songs this year. Will qualify with the jury votes alone.

BernadetteCydonia

Overrated: :ee:
Underrated: :al:

not saying this just because they're my bottom and top favourites of this year respectively but... ;)

blein

Overrated :be::cz::fi:
Underrated :cy::it::es:

Top Bottom