The Overrated and Underrated of 2017

gippa

Overrated: :se: :nl: :ro:
Underrated: :hu:
Czech%20Republic.png
:uk:

JimmyJump

Overrated: :se: like every damn year xslap

Underrated: :me: Can someone pls tell me what is so wrong with Montenegro? I personally love it for me it's the 2nd best from this year

FilipFromSweden

Everyone here says :se: is overrated and yet it's most picked score here is :0: :lol:

I think :it: is the most overrated entry. Sounds like a mix of every italian San Remo song there is. The most underrated is :lv:

Estelle

Everyone here says :se: is overrated and yet it's most picked score here is :0: :lol:

I think :it: is the most overrated entry. Sounds like a mix of every italian San Remo song there is. The most underrated is :lv:

Yeah, how is Sweden overrated but not Italy? So much Sweden haters. I think it's sad.

EscGeek

Veteran
Yeah, how is Sweden overrated but not Italy? So much Sweden haters. I think it's sad.

What's sad is that ever since i started following the national selections, i was satisfied with only one melfest winner and that's Mans.
And you know what's even more tragic? Sweden has one of the strongest national finals in which even my 3rd choice can easily make it to my top 5 of the actual eurovision. xfacepalm
I get the commercial success, but i would PAY to NOT download your Robins,Loreens,Franses and Undos :lol:

Maybe they mean that Sweden is overrated overall. Sweden may be overrated among the fandom as a whole, by the juries and by the general viewer.

That could be why many here thinks the swedish entry is overrated. (As a song)

The Italian entry is very centralizing by its hype indeed, but they have something different and outstanding this year that may survive on its own after Eurovision.

midnightsun

Veteran
I agree with Italy. Very overrated. It's quite good, top 10 material for sure but not even top 5 imho. Same with France. It's not even in my top 10 (Italy is at #8 at least).

Underrated, apart from Germany? :p I don't know which song here is underrated, I haven't read much about songs that aren't liked here yet. Maybe Sweden, Australia and Spain.

midnightsun

Veteran
Watching a lot of youtube top42 vids lately. I have to say, Denmark & Poland are so overrated! Underrated: Croatia! It's not in my top 10 but it's a decent song, I don't get why it's always #40-42.

aef

:pt: and :ro: are still overrated like hell...!! (:pt: sometimes is even claimed as a possible winner :lol:) Just be realistic for a second - both :ro: and :pt: will have serious problems with qualifying for the final...

ZoboCamel

Overrated: Probably Belgium and Macedonia, in my opinion. Both are decent songs, but I wouldn't put them anywhere near the top3/top5 that a lot of people seem to have them in, and they feel pretty similar to a lot of other stuff this year. France is also something that a lot of people put a lot higher than I do, but I can understand why that might be, since it's got a decent musical USP.

Underrated: I'd say Croatia and Montenegro, but I understand why a lot of people don't like them. Similarly, I think people are being a little harsh on the Australian entry, but I understand the frustration about us going for a safe, chart-pop song reminiscent of last year's. I'm genuinely surprised to see the lack of attention being given to Albania, Israel and Hungary, though. All three are great songs that I'd expected to be a lot more popular than they currently are.

hawadharma

I am with unison with whoever who thinks :it: is overrated.
It is totally overrated!! I'm not buying all the gorilla gimmicks and what not, because the song is so mediocre..

And :hu: is totally underrated.

aletem

Overrated:

:hu: - For me one of the worst songs, very overrated in the rankings. I can't see this passing the semi tbh.
:ro: - This one is a joke...not much to say, except that it deserves to be Bergendahlized big time!
:pt: - It's weak in its genre, too anonymous, awkward to watch and very forgettable. It's a not a bad song, but those weird gestures tho.. :?

Underrated
:cz: - Seems like one of the best and cleanest ballads of the year. I think the chance to advance is slim, but good luck to them anyway.
:sm: - Very fun and dancy song. Yeah, might be oldfashioned (but there are other ones that are way behind the time). It kinda sticks out. Also, its chances are kinda slim, but with some luck they can do damage.
:cy: - This is a bit underrated and it would do better than people expect. Should qualify without much problems.

Top Bottom