Contact us

The NSC Map

dogmeat

Version 2.2.1.1 (click for full resolution)
Y8MGGpr.jpg

TWMK3gN.png

bTEzFuu.png

3xFTXs6.png

iQznaKE.png

B3X6EvD.png

NYdpQYV.png

FoPRWWu.png

tSymDgX.png

1SN6CDJ.png

Version 2.1:

Version 2.0:

INFORMATION FOR NEW PLAYERS
After you join the Waiting List, I highly recommend looking for a place for your country. The unoccupied areas implicitly belong to both withdrawn nations, and current WLers. With few exceptions, you can claim any territory you wish. Take into account the geography and descriptions of the geocultural regions above, to find what is most fitting to the concept of your nation. PM me and I'll reserve the area for you. I'm also more than happy to answer any of your questions and give advice.
There is no hard limit on how big or small a nation can be, as long as you're not trying hardcore imperialism.
NSC is farily liberal when it comes to worldbuilding. Current nations range from medieval fantasy, to realistic, to futuristic.

Last edited:

Shawn

I'm in! Unlike the other forum, where the Lost Islands tried to become an offshore banking haven but failed in a major banking crisis in late 2015, I want this forum's Lost Islands to be FILTHY RICH LIKE SINGAPORE IN A TROPICAL PARADISE.

If the equator is in the middle of the map, the boomerang-shaped chain of islands to the east of Calypso and standing astride the bay in the large western continent would be an ideal place astride several trade routes and would help explain why the Lost Islands are FILTHY RICH CAPITALISTS unlike that other game, where Parliament is paralyzed due to the rise of populist left-wing and right-wing parties and the screwups of the traditional centrist parties.

If the equator is at the bottom of the map, those islands off the southern coast of QuienDQ sound like a good place to establish myself.

dogmeat

NEW! FANCY WORLD MAP

terrainmapsmall.png

FULL SIZE
(click and scroll to zoom)

• It's a pictorial map of Natia. I've been working on this bit by bit for a loooong time now. It took so long because 1) I'm lazy and 2) I'm a perfectionist. I tried to create a realistic map that follows some basic laws of geography, like deserts located in the rain shadows of mountain ranges. Most of all I wanted to avoid the patchwork map trope.
  • I took into account custom maps and descriptions other users made for their countries. If I went against one, it's probably because I was not aware it existed. Please let me know in such case and I'll make necessary changes.
  • I want to be able to share this map outside NSC, which means I had to remove direct copies of real world geography or other fictional worlds. This is why Kingdom of Eras and Luxona had their shapes modified.
  • I'll update the political map with new countries (and Artyomka at last:oops:) soon. [MENTION=4466]Shawn[/MENTION] The equator is near the bottom, so you got the islands in the far south.
  • I lost the password to that survey I once posted in this thread. Maybe I should make a new one for new countries. For now you can just post in this thread for map requests.

Shawn

Sounds great! Do you have details down to how many square miles Lost Islands are in this universe? (I mean, even a rough idea of the scale will help).

(I think I'll have a few of my islands be akin to Singapore/Hong Kong as in incredibly dense, but others split between beaches/wildlife preserves, so I want a realistic population figure.)

Oh and the larger map link doesn't work.

dogmeat

I hope the link works now for everyone. As for the size of the world, I don't have exact figures, but the mainland stretches from east to west about as wide as Eurasia and the mini-continent in the noth-east (the large island included) is about the size of Australia.

dogmeat

An update (click for full resolution)

As always, if you want your location, size, shape or any other details changed, PM me. Or if you have some details regarding your nation's geography that I might not know of. Or if I completely forgot about your nation as I did Artyomka for more than 20 editions.
Different types of terrain (forests, woodlands, plains, deserts, mountains, hills) are displayed and as for the climate - the north is colder, the south is warmer.

Also, I'm an idiot and I overwrote the map editable file. I'll have to redraw everything eventually.

dogmeat

An update. I hope nobody's missing. Took into account all the requests I got (unless I forgot)
Added new islands for Baia Papaya and Arva (the latter copied from the map in their nation's thread).
Changed Kalos Metropolis into a city-state, which I believe it was supposed to be. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you want any changes made to your nation (larger, smaller, on the other side of the world, etc...), don't hesitate to let me know. If anything, such requests make the job easier for me, not harder.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
If you want any changes made to your nation (larger, smaller, on the other side of the world, etc...), don't hesitate to let me know. If anything, such requests make the job easier for me, not harder.

Could you please give me that land that exists between me and Aimulli? It would be easier to make political, electoral maps etc.

Oh and thank you for updating the map :love:

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
Love the new map! Had to zoom in and squint before I realised that Kalos Metropolis is that tiny region enclosed by Il-Bidu and not the huge empty expanse that spans the entire continent from Solentoya to Fervorosia :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Great map update. :D It's nice to see Solentoya on the map now and with the exact borders I wanted. Thank you! Some great neighbours nearby also, didn't realise Balearica Island was so close. Clearly a very iconic part of the map. xbow

I love my neighbours!!!!!!!

You're too elite for neighbours, obviously. xheat

theditz83

Veteran
Solentoya is too far away from Aclaira and Moisantia - darn your southern tropical needs. Gotta believe that Air Moisan is starting up daily flights xup

strajker

Mhm, seems like it's time for a WSN - someone war. There hasn't been one since the Orangualia one or something.

Top Bottom