Contact us

The New Asia Based Contest - Discussion

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I love the idea to include Arabic worlds into this so its more interesting than just Asia and i could find myself participating at least once in a while like i did in spinoff (as East Asia is not my thing)

SaladBreak

Thanks for the points addressed.

Personally I love the name "Orient Matsuri", it just sounds like a brand, without even paying attention to the language it is in. I can't be objective as I already attached to that name, so it should indeed be discussed, if others like it or not.

We were long discussing about the map, as in which countries to include and which not, it always was "if you add this one, you have to add this one, too" so this is how we drew the line. We would like to hear more opinions which African and European countries you think should participate or if any at all. Thanks for the ones we got.

Countries of Oceania are members, apart from Australia and New Zealand.

Uto

Veteran
If the name is an issue right now I would propose a name that kind of binds the Far East and the Arabic world: The Silk Road.

DenizESC

Banned
tbh it was not an issue to us, but admin is radically against it for some reason. He want's a more direct/clear name he said.

:ROFLMAO:

Personally I don't think it's that deep as Laura says it creates that kind of brand without anything added to it, Oriental Festival sounds so much more cheap if you ask me, it's like bad marketing.

We could hold a spin-off style polling to pick our final name with all options I guess including also the ones people suggest like Uto.

Speaking of the map, afaik all Arabic countries are considered Orient , the rest of Africa is indeed a fair point, which we should further discuss as well as Europe.

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Personally I love the name "Orient Matsuri", it just sounds like a brand, without even paying attention to the language it is in. I can't be objective as I already attached to that name, so it should indeed be discussed, if others like it or not.

We were long discussing about the map, as in which countries to include and which not, it always was "if you add this one, you have to add this one, too" so this is how we drew the line. We would like to hear more opinions which African and European countries you think should participate or if any at all. Thanks for the ones we got.

That's fine, I just don't think the name is 100% clear, although not really an issue. I like the originality of it, just for a contest I think it should probably be something clear, but it's neither here nor there.

Ok, well then Mauritania should be a full member then if you were intending the the Arab World to be part of it. As much as I love them European associate countries, and I love the idea of using one of them, I think it might be for the better to not have any European associates at all.

Thanks for replying, Laura. ♥

Uto

Veteran

For any line to be drawn it would behoove us to lay down a set of principles on which the drawing of the line would be based. As said before, if the idea was to include the Arabic nations (which is how it looks) that's something we can work with to properly draw the line. If Islamic majorities is the principle the line would be a bit different.

I think it's probably best to just perhaps give Egypt a pass for having Sinai and dropping the rest of Africa, relegating them to associate status at best.

This is good to know. We can just put that thing to bed as is then.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member

Thats why discussions needed

As for name its understandable that you got used to it already same as I always said i am not fan of it (may be because i am not into East Asia), so i pointed it here as well (so it didnt come as surprise for you) For now it sounds for me yes original but more fitting for spinoff with Japanese music rather global big contest where (now how it looks) Arabic countries, Africa, Oceania might be included.
Tbh Orient Habibi pls

DenizESC

Banned
Orient definitely refers to the Arabic world as well though, we put Japanese as like a ''marketing'' move and it sounds great, it combines the both sides with using a language and country that is very popular among people right now - aka Japan. Which will attract new people.

I think everyone should put their suggestion right now under here so we can decide, maybe a poll will help later on.

SaladBreak

Thats why discussions needed

As for name its understandable that you got used to it already same as I always said i am not fan of it (may be because i am not into East Asia), so i pointed it here as well (so it didnt come as surprise for you) For now it sounds for me yes original but more fitting for spinoff with Japanese music rather global big contest where (now how it looks) Arabic countries, Africa, Oceania might be included.
Tbh Orient Habibi pls

I can understand that, but then Orient/al Festival or Orient/al Song Contest sound to me so... beige

As Deniz mentioned, I also associate "Orient" more with the Middle East, than East Asia, so the name is a good combination from my point of view.

Orient Habibi is an interesting suggestion, I certainly like it more than the beige names :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Just for the record Oriental Festival isn't my choice. XD It was just something that come into my mind in the moment and wasn't thought out. Also I don't like The Silk Road, I get the context but it makes 0 sense at all for a song contest.

DenizESC

Banned
Just for the record Oriental Festival isn't my choice. XD It was just something that come into my mind in the moment and wasn't thought out. Also I don't like The Silk Road, I get the context but it makes 0 sense at all for a song contest.
I think the poll should specifically say

*suggested by ASHLEYWRIGHT*

xdfgbfkj

hawadharma

I suggest the title should be more contemporary and all rounded

Like: MySound Asia / AsiaSound

Zonne147

Well imo Asian music is not underrated at all (especially Chinese, Korean and Japanese), I'm pretty sure they don't give a damn about Western musical industry too :lol: I personally know a couple of people who are fans of Asian music.

Great and interesting idea, will be really excited to see how it goes xup
I don't know if I will have enough time to be part of it and if it matches my taste at all, but I won't probably resist, there are some Central Asian countries and Eurasian countries calling for me xheat

Congrats on this amazing initiative, and best of luck there xwave

hawadharma

1 thing I always wondered, is Russia part of Europe or Asia?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I suggest the title should be more contemporary and all rounded

Like: MySound Asia / AsiaSound

I like them, they're very comtemporary sounding.

Top Bottom