Eefje de Visser​
122​
8​
:se: 157
The Vengaboys​

Last edited by a moderator:

theditz83

Veteran
For anyone interested, the compilation I mentioned in my previous post was from the UK Now That's What I Call Music series.

Volume 30 had this utter anthem surrounded by Rednex "Cotton Eyed Joe", Deuce "Call It Love" (one of my fave 90s pop tracks EVER), MC Sar & The Real McCoy's "Run Away" and the Nikki French cover version of "Total Eclipse of the Heart". I wore out my cassette version of that compilation soooooo hard xheat

theditz83

Veteran
Time for something a little different again, and we have 2 songs that we're stuck between by the same artist - one from their older pop-rock/punk phase and the other a more modern pop-folk track, so we thought we'd hold a flash public NF for all you WV legends to help us decide which song should represent :nl: in WV 153...

The artist is a returning one, but it's been well over 100 editions since they last graced the WV stage (with a song that I'd also initially considered until I spotted it on the database 👀 - we see you @Gera11 )

So let's not delay any further and reveal the artist and songs in the running...

WELCOME TO THE STAGE...
KIM-LIAN
e044c98f86fc4c518c5c56773b698e41.jpg

SONG 1: Road To Heaven

SONG 2: Dansen In Het Moeras

TIME TO VOTE!
Simply decide your favourite of the two songs and send me a PM with your country/region and the name of your favourite song of the 2 xup

Thanks everyone for all your help! The deadline will likely be around midday on the deadline day xhug

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
I started to update our intro post with previous results - have mine and Niko's so far, and will work my way backwards through the database over the coming weeks so we can have a complete history here. Thanks again for the fab 8th place for 2 Unlimited - great to break into the Top 10 again, and here's hoping there's more to come xpray

Keep those NF votes coming in - pop-punk-rock or pop-folk for Belgium?? YOU DECIDE xup

theditz83

Veteran

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks so much for all of the votes so far - so great to see plenty of new voters for my NF xlove

The top song is currently leading 5 vs. 3 but everything can change before voting closes at midday on the submission deadline ;)

theditz83

Veteran
Urgent!!!!!

So turns out that Survey monkey is rubbish and only shows you the first 10 responses to your survey, so I have all of the below...

Voted:
:cn: :paci: ::nuna :hu: :be: :kr: :svea: :cy: :west: :susa: ::ista :ro: :ua: :bg: :us: :tr: :ca: Bremen

But one other jury has voted and I cannot see who it is or the option they have voted for, so can you please PM me all votes from now on - just your country/region name and the song you prefer is grand ;)

Thank you xup

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
Deadline to send your votes here is tonight at 23:59CET - also still waiting for the mystery juror from yesterday to PM me since I cannot view your choice due to Surveymonkey being rubbish.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The scandal of this censorship it was me

theditz83

Veteran
:susa: ::ista and :ro: have also had their say now... But it's still all in the balance with the leading song only having a 1 vote advantage at 7 vs. 6

Last call for votes, just over 4 hours remain xwait

theditz83

Veteran
Thank you to all 18 voters for helping decide our entry - in the end we had a fairly convincing result of 11 vs. 7 so you'll need to wait until the semis are posted to find out exactly which song has won ;)

Entry submitted to the WV account xup

theditz83

Veteran
Thank you, thank you, thank yoooooouuuuu so much for awarding Kim-Lian a fab finish in WV 153. I was delighted to have qualified, and to see that she actually got us our strongest semi final performance yet was amazing!

Thanks to all the legends that voted for :nl:

12th place
118 Points

:12: ::cata
:10: :paci: :de: :jp:
:8: :md: :at:
:7: ::toho :ch:
:6: xshrug
:5: :bg: :ro: :west:
:4: :kr: ::nuna :ru:
:3: :cy: :svea: :susa:
:2: :ua: ::ista :us:
:1: :hu: :no: :se: Bremen

Next edition, I'm going left-field with a mostly instrumental 80s track that has an UNBELIEVABLE amount of nostalgia attached to it... Get your tissues ready, the story will have to blubbing... haha :lol:

theditz83

Veteran
For WV154 in Spain, I'm delving deep into my past to take you back to the late 1980s...

Back in 1988, a young and carefree Gary was taken on a 2 week summer holiday by his family to Salou on the sunny Costa Dorada, Spain. It was a glorious holiday - filled with fun, laughter, sunburn (the joys of Scottish sun) and, most importantly, music. This holiday was one of the earliest memories I have from my childhood of being aware of the joy and excitement dance music could bring, especially the new electronic genres that would pound from all the bars and clubs along the promenade.

One day, as was customary on every summer holiday (and a tradition I continued religiously right up until only 4-5 years ago), my mum purchased a cassette compilation from a local souvenir shop called "Max Mix Vol 5" (on Max Music records). The cassette was filled with a long megamix of current 80s hits - some more internationally well-known than others - and then the full version of the songs followed on the other side of the cassette. It would be my very first experience of italo-disco music, a genre which I still adore to this day.

One of the very best songs on the compilation... You've probably guessed... wasn't actually Spanish or Italian in origin at all, but was rather of Dutch origin. 80s outfit "Laserdance" had a strong feature on the compilation with the remix (some say "Swedish remix", others "Space Mix", and some just "remix") of their hit Power Run. The melodic progression, synths and beats captivated my young impressionable 5 year-old mind to such a degree that I bugged my parents endlessly to buy me a Casio synthesiser so that I was able to recreate the song in my own bedroom (and bless them, my parents gifted me a Casio keyboard for Christmas 1988 xlove - was never quite able to recreate the synths of the recording however)

So there you have it - probably the most significant Dutch electronic song in my life as it opened my eyes to a world of electronic dance music that I continue to explore and enjoy to this very day. Thank you Laserdance xlove

:es: :nl: WV 154 ENTRY :nl: :es:
Laserdance - Power Run (Remix)

theditz83

Veteran
Be on the lookout for another single-artist NF coming for WV155 tomorrow after the Semi 2 results are revealed - this time with more songs, more heat and more bikinis xheat

theditz83

Veteran
:nl: WV 155 SUPER-NF :nl:
LOONA SPECIAL

We've just have our longest period of sun in the Glasgow, so I'm feeling the summer vibes and ready to bring the beach to WV 155 with our little ray of sunshine... also partly influenced by the current host country...

Loona_008.jpg

xheya xheat LOONA xheat xheya

We have 6 sizzling hot summery-bops to kiss your ears, and we need you to rank them in order from your favourite to least favourite using the following points:
:10: :7: :5: :3: :2: :1:

Voting deadline will be 12 noon the day of the WV submission deadline ;)

Enjoy! xbeachxheart

SONG 1: CALIENTE (Spanglish Version)

SONG 2: VIVA EL AMOR

SONG 3: OYE EL BOOM

SONG 4: RAKATAKATA (UN RAYO DE SOL)

SONG 5: BADAM

SONG 6: EL TIBURON

^^ Lolz weird YouTube restrictions ^^

Quick copy-paste song list:

Voters:
:paci: :es: :cali: ::cata :susa: :kr: :ba:

Last edited: