14 5.0%

7 2.5%

5 1.8%

3 1.1%

2 0.7%

15 5.3%

• Total voters

esc87fan

Big news: Duncan will be releasing his new single on Wednesday!

To tide you over till then, here's a video shot at Capitol Records when he was in LA

Realest

His new Single

esc87fan

More news...

"Love Don't Hate It" has already shot to #1 on the Dutch iTunes chart, and Duncan officially signed a deal with Capitol Records. Today he gave the first live performance of the song on De Wereld Drait Door despite being sick and still nailed it

"Arcade" is still going strong, the video on the official ESC channel has now logged over 20 million views and on Spotify is now approaching 80 million total streams. It has now gone quadruple platinum in the Netherlands!

Mainshow

Veteran
Absolutely brilliantly vocally performed. He's incredible! Can't wait to see him live next week!

Mainshow

Veteran
You´ll go to a concert?? Where?? I wish you lots of fun in advance!! :)

Actually, I attend concerts quite frequently.
This year, I have seen live: Shawn Mendes, Epica, Beyond The Black and now Duncan Laurence. I also bought a ticket for Ariana Grande but she cancelled her concert in Kraków :(

Duncan Laurence's concert will be in Cologne ;) Thank you!!!

esc87fan

More news, this was via Duncan's Instagram story a few days ago - he's been nominated for 3 Edison Awards (that's the Dutch version of the Grammys). He is up for Best Newcomer, Best Single (Arcade) and Best Video (Arcade) in the pop music division

Mainshow

Veteran
I don't get it. He won Eurovision, he has been performing like what? 17 songs on tour - most of them are exceptionally great. "Kings" even makes me think of Pink Floyd and after all the waiting, we get a "debut EP"? Only 4-6 songs and imagine "Arcade" and "Love Don't Hate It" being part of it.

I feel so bad for him, his manager and record company suck big time. He even sold out concerts around Europe (ok, small venues) but he clearly has found some fans. A EP consisting of 4-6 songs after waiting for a year (whilst most songs were ready in the first place) feels SOOOOO disappointing - especially since it does mean that most of his brilliant tracks will end up being unreleased :(

Realest

Hes boring as Hell outside Eurovision. And his only post-ESC Single was lame as well. Already unfollowed him on all social Networks. Looking back the Televoter were probably right by choosing Norway.

Mainshow

Veteran
Unfortunately, the EP will consist of 5 songs only and 2 of them are "Arcade" and "Love Don't Hate It"

01. Beautiful
02. Yet
03. Arcade
04. Someone Else
05. Love Don't Hate It

I honestly feel so bad for him. He must have one of the worst record deal is ever.

He experienced the biggest exposure possible for a European artists, had a very successful tour around Europe and unlike some artists, he's a gifted singer-songwriter and had plenty of material ready.
I don't understand this move at all.

I don't buy his statement that he wants his debut EP to make as perfect as possible and that's why he's working so long/so much on this "record" but if he weren't proud of his former stuff, he wouldn't have performed them on his tour + rotate them/change the setlist.

I know that some artists scrap their material or even entire bodies of work because they aren't happy about it (like Sam Smith's "To Die For", Miley's "She's..." or Lena's "Gemini") but I think this is more like a Loreen's "Paper Light" scenario. Is he going to be dropped by his label?

This EP doesn't make sense to me at all. Only 3 songs (I'm still happy to hear new Duncan) but as a fan, I'm just utterly sad for him and quite disappointed.

Also, the "quality over quantity" argument doesn't suit this horrible situation either. "Kings" is Pink Floyd-worthy and with "Arcade", he won Eurovision. He has a lot of well-composed tracks ready.

What a f*cking mess!

esc87fan

Duncan's second single "Love Don't Hate It" has been certified gold in the Netherlands, he was presented with the award following a livestream concert in Amsterdam yesterday

esc87fan

Duncan's debut album "Small Town Boy" was released on Friday, and after only 3 days it was certified platinum in the Netherlands! Ilse DeLange made the surprise presentation of the award while he was a guest on a Dutch late-night talk show

Top Bottom