5 1.8%

3 1.1%

2 0.7%

15 5.3%

• Total voters

Mainshow

Veteran
Which is #1? It appears to be 26 here. https://www.offiziellecharts.de/charts

"Arcade" is #26 on our official single chart which includes streaming and downloads. It's like a combined chart.

However, Germany does have official individual charts for either streaming or download:

"Arcade" is #2 behind "I Don't Care" (Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber) on the official Download Charts.
http://www.mtv.de/charts/pcbqpc/downloads-charts-single

Also, "Arcade" debuts at #74 on the official German Streaming Charts
http://www.mtv.de/charts/h4oi23/top100-music-streaming

Brandt

"Arcade" is #26 on our official single chart which includes streaming and downloads. It's like a combined chart.

However, Germany does have official individual charts for either streaming or download:

"Arcade" is #2 behind "I Don't Care" (Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber) on the official Download Charts.
http://www.mtv.de/charts/pcbqpc/downloads-charts-single

Also, "Arcade" debuts at #74 on the official German Streaming Charts
http://www.mtv.de/charts/h4oi23/top100-music-streaming

Oh I missed the downloaded part :D All good.

esc87fan

The victory tour continues, today he was in Switzerland doing radio interviews. His Pinkpop Festival appearance is confirmed for June 10 on the Brightlands Stage for a one-hour set

esc87fan

Four more cities added on to Duncan's European tour today - Paris, Zurich, Helsinki and Oslo. Additionally, his show in Belgium is completely sold out

D8-T0fa0-UIAAIPEt.jpg

Ezio

Veteran
For me one of the most underwhelming winners. Not as much as Azerbaijan 2011, Denmark 2013 or Sweden 2015, but still, nothing iconic, inspiring about it.

The staging was so conventional and conservative. I cringe when he emphasizes the "er" of rollercoasteeeeeeeeeereeer. At least we got a lamp burning over a fake piano. We can check it off the Love love peace peace bucket list.

Birds and Calm after the storm were totally my tea. Arcade is bland as bland gets.

And the score is quite low for a winner. Would have ended up 4th place in 2015 or 3rd in 2016 and 2017 and runner up in all the other years with this amount of points. However, Germany and Azerbaijan scored even lower. In case of Satellite, it was marked down by the juries.

But overall Eurovision 2019 overall so disappointing, and I mean the songs in general. Great songs killed off in semis, but Russia's ridiculous Scream gets them another Top 3. Italy feels right, I wish they'd won.

Mainshow

Veteran
Personally, I think that "Arcade" is one of the most fascinating and brilliant winners of all-time. Well-deserved! It was emotional, classy. Perfect vocals and a very fitting staging.
Conservative isn't even a bad thing here since the song itself is kinda stripped-down: very personal and intimate... the Netherlands were able to re-create that feeling on stage perfectly. Duncan's a true artist. I'm glad he didn't leave the piano back at home. It was authentic and gave him some credibility.

I don't know why it's important to point out that the score is "quite low" for a winner. Runaway winners should still be seen as an exception rather.

On a side note, Duncan released a very beautiful ACOUSTIC VERSIONof ARCADE with an accompanying music video:

MalagaToledo

Banned
I finnaly was accepted by duncan's bf on insta. Well, I don't know are they still bfs, but strange thing is that there isn't Duncan in any of his pics. Regardless, Duncan liked most of his posts.

esc87fan

I finnaly was accepted by duncan's bf on insta. Well, I don't know are they still bfs, but strange thing is that there isn't Duncan in any of his pics. Regardless, Duncan liked most of his posts.

Duncan posted some lyrics on his Twitter yesterday, it seems like they have broken up from the look of it. He assured his fans that the two of them are still friends

MalagaToledo

Banned
Duncan posted some lyrics on his Twitter yesterday, it seems like they have broken up from the look of it. He assured his fans that the two of them are still friends

Ohh I see. Now it makes more sense that there isn't Duncan in any of his pics. He either deleted it or never posted 2 of them together. I don't know what to say abt it, I'm not sure is it just marketing to get fan base votes, let's tell them that we are couple and after esc, we can go separate ways or is it real. He said he is bi, but I never saw him holding pride flag, talking about it, going to pride. Even homophobe mz did that, but not Duncan. Now, I wonder will he date m or f. Regardless, he won and I didn't connect much with him, but he is OK.

pepe C

Don't you think you are acting a wee bit creepy?

but I never saw him holding pride flag, talking about it, going to pride.

I am gay and I never held a pride flag either, or visited a pride.
Out of curiosity, have you already unfollowed Gerco, or will you try to get some juicy details out of him?

MalagaToledo

Banned
I am gay and I never held a pride flag either, or visited a pride.
Out of curiosity, have you already unfollowed Gerco, or will you try to get some juicy details out of him?

You made a point on your first sentence, but there is a difference, he is now famous celeb, him being their role model could change a lot of people's minds and they could be more open. No, I haven't unfollowed him (yet) and I'm sure even if I asked him anything, he wouldn't tell me, so why would I bother.

MalagaToledo

Banned

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
he is not obliged to go to a parade because he is more known right now wtf

the fact that he is already outspoken about his bisexuality is already a huge step, considering how much we are invalidated. if he wants to make a step further and go to pride, good for him. if not, good for him as well.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
At the risk of treading towards a topic for the politics section, there are plenty of valid reasons to be queer and not attend pride. Maybe he's just not in the right physical place at the right time. Maybe his hometown Pride just doesn't fit what he needs. Maybe he's still figuring out exactly how to reckon with his queer identity internally. Maybe he's still figuring out exactly how to present it externally.

If he's gone through so much messaging that he sees attending pride as rubbing his queerness in people's faces, decry that messaging all you want; it should be decried. But far be it from any of us to decry how he chooses to navigate that messaging.

tuorem

The baseless belief that parading once a year in the streets while waving a rainbow flag is the epitome of personal fulfillment for every person who doesn't tick the straight box should end starting from yesterday.

It's not because people have a certain sexual orientation in common that they have to live it and express it the same way.

As rightfully said in the posts above, Duncan doesn't owe us anything in this regard, celebrity or not.

Top Bottom