14 5.0%

7 2.5%

5 1.8%

3 1.1%

2 0.7%

15 5.3%

• Total voters

Teaisloveable

For those with access to BBC iPlayer, the interview with Duncan Laurence can be found here at 2:45:50.

The video expires tomorrow morning at 9:15am so be quick! Hopefully someone somewhere will upload his interview elsewhere!

I've briefly written what was asked and how he responded down below:
(Paraphrased, but caught the general gist!)

Tell us the story behind it?
Wrote the song whilst at a music academy. His friend had passed away, and the love of her life wanted them to get back together again, but unfortunately they never did. "Small town boy" because he grew up in a small town with little music, so he moved to the bigger city to study.

Where should Eurovision 2020 be held?
We have many great cities! Rotterdam, for example. But everyone knows Amsterdam so that would make sense.

Did you tell the King/ Queen?
Maybe I should tweet them back, the king/ queen tweeted him. He also got rung by the Prime minster of The Netherlands, but the connection was bad so he asked if he could ring the PM back ( :lol: )

Can you describe the moment that you won?
Most nerve wracking moment in my life. The points system was different so until the last minute you didn't know who would win

Isn't that slightly cruel, showing Sweden? It must be heartbreaking
Yeah it is, its like a genuine emotion, so I think you can see he really cared. I do think they could cut it a bit.

What did the UK do wrong?
I really like Michael. Sending artists that are good, but not people who you would necessarily buy a ticket to go and see
them - Which is exactly what The Netherlands did. I think if the UK would stop doing that and take it more seriously. You have the greatest songwriters. Just send someone you would like to send!
A couple of years ago we sent a big artist in Holland and that created a new buzz around Eurovision

What is next for you? Artists at Eurovision can fade into obscurity or become international hits like ABBA.
I hope I'll be on the scale of ABBA! I get to tour around Europe, we updated the tour as we were getting so much demand. New music is coming up! Within an hour, I'm announcing something important!

What are you up to this weekend?
Tonight I am in The Voice in Belgium [Followed by conversation that if he was staying in the UK he could go to a BBC Radio event here.

AlekS

Veteran
MARUV agreed with the whole top 3.
Arcade was the only song that she added to her playlist.

Realest

Wow, he flopped extremely.

Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders) 2
Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia) 1
Germany (Official German Charts) 26
Ireland (IRMA) 37
Netherlands (Dutch Top 40) 1
Netherlands (Single Top 100) 1
Norway (VG-lista) 10
Scotland (Official Charts Company) 24
Sweden (Sverigetopplistan) 6
UK Download (Official Charts Company) 19
UK Singles (Official Charts Company) 67

MalagaToledo

Banned
I am so curious about Gerco's insta profile more than anyone else's. Too bad it's private acc and he won't accept my invitation. BTW, fun fact:
This is the first out bisexual male winner in the history of esc.

Brandt

It's currently charting better than any other song this year.

Well, obviously.

How did previous ESC winners do in the past years after weeks of winning the contest, though?

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, obviously.

How did previous ESC winners do in the past years after weeks of winning the contest, though?

It's doing better than Toy did, and Salvador as well.

esc87fan

I'm extremely happy that "Arcade" has found its way to Spotify charts in my part of the world, it's currently #3 on Canada's Viral Top 50, and #6 on the same chart in the United States

Top Bottom