10 4.7%

19 9.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
netherlands_640.png

ES2011

Re: THE NETHERLANDS 2018

Now all the Eurovision fans are finally satisfied that we send O'G3NE, how about we send a more 'artistic entry' again like we did in 2013, 2014 and 2016?
Here are some suggestions that actually might be willing to go :lol:

1. Dotan: We already know that he wants to go.
2. Mr. Probz: I don't know if he is willing to go but it's worth a shot
3. Ilse de Lange: Just as solo artist, involving the "Common Linnets" would not make any difference.
4. Nielson: Not the biggest fan, but if we want to try it once more in Dutch after 2010s embarrassment, this is a guy who can write nice, short and catchy songs.
5. Racoon: I'm probably the only one who would be incredibly hyped if they would ever want to go
6. Kensington: Just because this year has shown we mis some decent rock music like Softengine (Ukraine was a disappointment)

Reinventor

I'd like Dotan to give it a try. I wouldn't mind one of our DJ's with a good singer to give it a go either.

Fem

Dotan or Kensington would be great.:D

CaraMia

If not a big name (Dotan and such) then K3. I'm serious. Their songs are infectious! After a girl trio with a deeper song, a girl trio with a catchy uplifting song! Just dress them in a way that doesn't make them seem like they are performing for children and they are ready to go! :)

Franzilein

Holy crap, Kensington is amazing. Nederland please, them next year and you got my 12 points for sure xlove

Dorientje

If not a big name (Dotan and such) then K3. I'm serious. Their songs are infectious! After a girl trio with a deeper song, a girl trio with a catchy uplifting song! Just dress them in a way that doesn't make them seem like they are performing for children and they are ready to go! :)

i think if they will go it will be for Belgium i think

ES2011

Holy crap, Kensington is amazing. Nederland please, them next year and you got my 12 points for sure xlove

I had the honour to see them back in 2010 during a small festival in one of the local cities in my area. Then relatively unknown, only about 50 people took the time to listen to their set, whereas most were in the tent with the EDM dance music. I was already a huge fan of their single "Youth" and wanted to listen to the full set, but in the end my friends dragged me to the EDM tent because they were 'too boring' :lol:.

I knew they were going places, but I never expect the mainstream success in the Netherlands they have had so far.
But I actually see noreason why they could not expand their success across Europe
As Eurovision is the perfect stage to achieve this goal, I would seem them consider it since they have that ambition.
The only problem is that you can't play live music, which scares most rock bands away.

DanielLuis

Caro Emerald said she would seriously consider taking part in Eurovision 2018 if AVROTROS invited her!
Please please AVROTROS invite the girl and please Caro Emerald accept the invitation! I would love to see you represent the Netherlands here in Portugal so much! xheat

Franzilein

I had the honour to see them back in 2010 during a small festival in one of the local cities in my area. Then relatively unknown, only about 50 people took the time to listen to their set, whereas most were in the tent with the EDM dance music. I was already a huge fan of their single "Youth" and wanted to listen to the full set, but in the end my friends dragged me to the EDM tent because they were 'too boring' :lol:.

I knew they were going places, but I never expect the mainstream success in the Netherlands they have had so far.
But I actually see noreason why they could not expand their success across Europe
As Eurovision is the perfect stage to achieve this goal, I would seem them consider it since they have that ambition.
The only problem is that you can't play live music, which scares most rock bands away.

I've been listening to their songs on repeat for days now, haha. Thank you so much for suggesting them here, I had no clue about them before. You seriously got some nice music over there, neighbours :-D

And I definitely agree! The ESC could give them a massive boost, they surely deserve it. Are they only known in the Netherlands so far?

ES2011

I've been listening to their songs on repeat for days now, haha. Thank you so much for suggesting them here, I had no clue about them before. You seriously got some nice music over there, neighbours :-D

And I definitely agree! The ESC could give them a massive boost, they surely deserve it. Are they only known in the Netherlands so far?

Well thank you ;)

But you guys also in :de: have so much more potential that what you are currently sending with acts like Andreas Bourani, Philip Poisell and Revolverheld.
I really hope that you guys get your act together next year, because I have the feeling the acts of Germany are very disconnected from the actual German music taste.

As for Kensington's fame, yeah they are mostly know in the Netherlands and Flanders and moderately known in Poland due to a prank of then on a Polish TV-show. But in the Netherlands they are absolutely huge, being probably our most popular band at the moment.
Interting fact, one of the national radio station held a poll on who should represent us in 2018 and Kensington was the people favourite winning by a landslide overMartin Garrix ;)

https://qmusic.nl/nieuws/kensington-naar-het-songfestival

Franzilein

Well thank you ;)

But you guys also in :de: have so much more potential that what you are currently sending with acts like Andreas Bourani, Philip Poisell and Revolverheld.
I really hope that you guys get your act together next year, because I have the feeling the acts of Germany are very disconnected from the actual German music taste.

As for Kensington's fame, yeah they are mostly know in the Netherlands and Flanders and moderately known in Poland due to a prank of then on a Polish TV-show. But in the Netherlands they are absolutely huge, being probably our most popular band at the moment.
Interting fact, one of the national radio station held a poll on who should represent us in 2018 and Kensington was the people favourite winning by a landslide overMartin Garrix ;)

https://qmusic.nl/nieuws/kensington-naar-het-songfestival

Haha, yeah. Would love to see some established artists to give it a try, but I guess the past results are not really helping in convincing them; -)

Ooooh crap.
CzROD2lWEAAzGG4.jpg

tuorem

I would love the Dutch to go all out and send Sevdaliza xheart

#LoveInjectedWho? #LoveWaveCancelled #StatementsIsShook #Amsterdam2019

0scar

Although it wouldn't be my choice, they'll probably go for Maan (de Steenwinkel). She already said she wants to go and just like O'G3NE she was in an AVROTROS tv production "Beste Zangers" this year. It feels like they're setting it up for her :?

She hasn't really produced her own music, and I feel like she needs to grow and search for her own style but she can sing and if someone would write a killer song for her..

I loved her performance of 'Jij bent de liefde' at Beste Zangers though.

And just recently, she released a new single

I would prefer Kensington, Thomas Azier, Kovacs.. but I think AVROTROS is going for Maan in 2018. That would be my bet.

Ezio

Veteran

I am curious about their next act. From 2013 to 2016, they sent always a song that became one of my personal favourites.

But since 2015, they are following a streak of televoting flops. So, for a win, they have to find an act that goes down well with the public too.

Top Bottom