13 6.1%

8 3.8%

7 3.3%

10 4.7%

19 9.0%

• Total voters

mauve

Veteran
Just wanted to add that the reason I don't like Country is not only the musical side, but the local, patriotic attitude. Other than that I am actually open to anything from classic to heavy metal. Just in case I sounded too small-minded. ;)

A-lister

Veteran
In Sweden Country is very much linked to dansband and therefore tainted with plenty of cheese. There are some artists who tries to make serious country, for example First Aid Kit and Jill Johnsson. I believe it's the same throughout Europe, people thends to look down on Country. Personally I agree with you, there's rarely any country that I fancy. I had a brief period of Bluegrass though.

First Aid Kit is nice, but if anything that is more related to the style of Netherlands 2014...

I stick to my opinion that the public will not jump onboard massively on this one, maybe in some western countries but barely anything in south and east and parts of central Europe.

Fluke

Any rumors at all about the staging? I really hope they're not just going with the typical band performance like on the preview show, the song would really fit better with something different....

Himan

Three years ago there was this country song from the Netherlands that was around 20th in the polls. There was a man in it, who looked sexy, cool and different called Waylon(and Ilse). It ended up 2nd. This will grow big time and I predict it now already. ;)

tsegaye

I DON'T GET THIS. Why is everybody thinking it's a dead certain qualifier? I get that it has jury appeal. I get that it's alone in its genre BUT:
1. I think many of the rock fans would prefer :hu:.
2. They have no strong diaspora (yes, I know it's not that important but it would help a bit with this kind of song)
3. He's not as memorable as Alexander Rybak, so he won't get the recognition as him for people to vote for him as Rybak will.
4. Yes, it's country rock and it's alone in its genre, but will the regular viewer respond to that as much as they did for CATS (it was alone in its genre too).

Maybe I'm affected by the fact that I LOVED Calm After The Storm and really don't like this. I just don't see the instant appeal other acts have in the second semi and therefore I think it might rank quite low with the televotes.

Himan

Just wait and see :)

ChrisOL

The song grew on me, but I'm disappointed now too. The staging reminds me of Finland 2015 (which was kind of similar) and I expected something more classy :lol:
It just seems so random :/

DaFlo

Banned
This performance looks like if it's specially made for EscGeek :mrgreen:

mauve

Veteran
Gosh, Netherlands is in my top, love the song, love how he performs it, but the staging ... was really disappointing. :? It makkes the song weaker instead of stronger. I'll have to wait for the second rehearsal to give my final opinion, but I was having high expectations. The first song of my top list that truly disappointed me.

mauve

Veteran
What I wanted to add: Waylon has a great stage presence as he showed us already. The dancers are disturbing completely. Waylon should be alone on stage. He can nail it. He doesn't need such a weird background setting to lighten up his song.

Top Bottom