5 1.4%

9 2.5%

12 3.4%

16 4.5%

17 4.8%

• Total voters

niko

Banned
If Bulgaria, Slovakia or Montenegro sent that song, it would never qualify for the final and everybody would say that it's the most boring thing they ever heard. Let's be honest, "Birds" only qualified, because it represented the Netherlands, not because it's a good song or whatever.

visstick

Thanks for stating your opinion as a fact! :)

Just watch something like Albania 2012 and then you know you're wrong.

ESC94

Well, after their last final performance in 2004, the :nl: failed to qualify eight times in a row and many lost any hope to reach the final ever again. Well, as we now today, this series of bad luck ended in 2013, with the marvellous Anouk.

A huge star in her hom country and usually known for more rocking music, her ESC entry "Birds" was more of a calm hymn, wich was bulding more and more towards the end. The atmosphere really had something magical and at the end when the background choir started to sing I really got goosebumbs. After many years in the wilderness this was a great comeback for the :nl: as an ESC nation and I wouldn´t have minded to see her in a higher position in the final. Unfortunately :de: didn´t give this song any points, probably because of the stupid jury members that year who seriously ranked this song 19th!!

For me this was just beautiful and I gave this masterpiece very deserved :12:!! xheart

Top Bottom