Pa�ses-Bajos.png

Sim

Re: THE NETHERLANDS 2013

Some suggestions for my neighbours:

* Gers Pardoel

* Within Temptation

* Anouk

* Marco Borsato

* Zanger Rinus (would be the joke entry of 2013:lol:)

and many many others...

A-lister

Veteran

I've noticed that genuine and nice Netherlands (2010, 2012) has been the best recipe during the past years, don't care much for the rest, so let's bring on a real Dutch schlager shall we? :) Jan Smit was both the host and commentator in 2012, he'd be my first pick. It's cheesy but nice :9

Jan Smit

or why not his sister? :)

Monique Smit

as for other styles...

I'd love Anouk or some Dutch club/house music, but something tells me none of those names would be interested :(

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Noooo Dutch Schlager please. It's songs like Sha la lie that gives ESC a bad name. I think the Dutch preselection was very interesting and IMO they should continue with the same or a similar format next year.

A-lister

Veteran

Noooo Dutch Schlager please. It's songs like Sha la lie that gives ESC a bad name. I think the Dutch preselection was very interesting and IMO they should continue with the same or a similar format next year.

Each to their own, I'd rather have a nice little genuine gem than some annoying cheese ballad they tend to go with. Contrary to popular belief I want more local and more traditional, rather than just one mix of the same. This naturally would also go for the Netherlands.

This year was an ok selection though (as selection system goes), I agree, but most of the songs sucked in it and the juries were almost scr*wing us all over with sending exactly what I wrote in the previous sentence. If it weren't for the public, we wouldn't have Joan and her charming song.

Mozz

Some of the suggestions made here are causing me frowns (and wrinkles)...

I already have an idea who could and will represent my country in 2013. OR perhaps 2014, should 2013 be too early.
I really believe he/she will eventually be chosen, given the sentiment (I think) I've read (correctly) in my country.

That person will soon (within a few months from me) begin to pave his way towards ECS.

We'll see what happens.

Mozz

I won't reveal too much. There will be many guesses and hopes (als always...:) ). Maybe I will release some hints soon.

I just hope that there will be no Dutch Schlager (ever again), unless it's a clear FUN/Joke/provocative entry (like Lordi) that everybody understands that it's a joke. Every Schlager meant as A. a serious entry or B. a half-hearted joke entry will fail, I think. It would be such a waste of time and energy again...

KeucFan

^ why don't dutch like her? :eek:

Kryptonite

Rafaella with another song like "Chocolatte" would be awesome. It's so catchy! :lol:

But I would rather see Within temptation (yup, I'm dreaming...), Jim Bakkum, VanVelzen or Waylon.

A-lister

Veteran

I won't reveal too much. There will be many guesses and hopes (als always...:) ). Maybe I will release some hints soon.

I just hope that there will be no Dutch Schlager (ever again), unless it's a clear FUN/Joke/provocative entry (like Lordi) that everybody understands that it's a joke. Every Schlager meant as A. a serious entry or B. a half-hearted joke entry will fail, I think. It would be such a waste of time and energy again...

Dutch schlager or nothing!!! :lol:

And big fat no to some idiotic joke act!!! :twisted:

Charly

Dirk Meeldijk, Rene Becker, Jolanda Zoomer, Boudewijn De Groot, Rajae El Mouhandiz, Helemaal Hollands, Ellen ten Damme, Charly Luske

Top Bottom