18 4.9%

15 4.1%

19 5.2%

12 3.3%

14 3.8%

40 10.9%

• Total voters

Mozz

Germany gave more points than any other country to the Netherlands. I'm really proud to be German right now :D

Ja vielen Dank dafür :p. Schade dass wir nur einmal alle 50 Jahre im Finale sind wenn wir dann auch Punkte an den Ostnachbarn (zurück)geben können...

Yes, thank you :p. It's a shame The Netherlands is in the final only once every 50 years when we can return the favor...

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Gib nicht auf, leider war das gesanglich nicht der beste Auftritt aber Pearl haette im Nachhinein vielleicht bessere Chancen gehabt.

Anyway, your time shall come so don't give up :D

Lazy Baba

Awww 15 and Georgia is 14th, seriously i think thats a BIG, BIG, BIIIIIG shame. If it was our song (thank god we dont send this crap) we would be dead last with 0 points again! Well neighbourvoting continues and theres nothing we can do about it. We have to send the best of the best, but our mainporblem is our stage act. We just dont know how to stage our songs.

I really want to thank Germany, Estonia, Turkey, UK, Lithuania, Norway,Slovenia and Sweden for voting for Joan. I knew we could count on you! ;)

Joan I xheart U :cool:

Adeline

The difference in points between the 10th and the 16th of the semi final was only 10 points. I really do think that if Joan sang good, if the staging/act was better and if we had a better draw, we would have had a chance of qualifying.

Chantal7

First I had that too. But when I saw yesterday the many neightbourvoting.. im kinda done with the ESC. 50% Jury? Yeah right what kind of jury!?

Sean

Admin
Staff member
First I had that too. But when I saw yesterday the many neightbourvoting.. im kinda done with the ESC. 50% Jury? Yeah right what kind of jury!?

Neighbour voting? That only happens because people are familiar with the artists from their neighbours, and they fit in with the country's music scene. If the Netherlands had sent a big star popular in Belgium, France, Germany et al you'd pick up big points from them too. And I know for a fact if that happened you wouldn't be complaining ;)

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Having said that, it's a shame that Joan only finished 15th, but she wasn't too far from the Top 10 on points I guess ^^

Adeline

I'm only saying actual facts. Officially, Joan became 15th, but in points she wasn't far from the top ten at all. If the staging was much better, the background more suitable, etc. and if she had sung good and our draw was better it wouldn't have been difficult to get 10 points more than we had with the performance she did on Thursday. And with 10 more points, we would have been in the final.
A 15th place may sound bad, but actually in points she didn't do that bad at all. I don't see what this has to do with blockvoting. Actually, I'm surprised by how relatively well Joan did, since I thought her performance was close to terrible at some points.

Adeline

Having said that, it's a shame that Joan only finished 15th, but she wasn't too far from the Top 10 on points I guess ^^

Nope. In semi 1 the top ten was pretty clear. There was a gap of of 7 points between the number 10 of semi 1 (Hungary) and the number 11 (Switzerland).

In semi 2, there was a gap of only ten points between place 10 and 16! So Joan wasn't that far from qualifying at all, although she officially finished in 15th place.

Mozz

For the record: the viewing numbers yesterday for the final ESC were 1.063.000 (market share: 22.1). It had to compete with football (NL vs Bulgaria)
For semi 2 (where our own entry was participating): 2.099.000 (market share: 39.0)
For semi 1: 1.054.000 (market share 18.1)

GRE

You were not far from the qualification Netherlands..
Keep trying!
Next year you will be in the Grand Final!

Tristran

Well, i'm glad to see that Joan got some decent votes after all. Still, a shame she didn't make it to the final, she might have done pretty well there with a good draw (and points from Belgium/Denmark/Iceland and other semi 1 participants).

Adeline

I'm just realizing that if Belgium was in our semifinal, we would probably have júst missed the final, given the fact that we should have got at least 8 or 10 points from them.

Mozz

I'm just realizing that if Belgium was in our semifinal, we would probably have júst missed the final, given the fact that we should have got at least 8 or 10 points from them.

Hmm, maybe, just maybe we would've reached the final in that case. I assume we would've received 10 points from our southern neighbours (12 would've likely gone to Loreen, or the other way round, 10 for Sweden, 12 for NL). But they would/could've given points to other contestants just higher than NL, so that we wouldn't have made it anyway. So hard to tell.

Still very thankful for the 8 points we've received from our eastern neighbours (Germany) and 7 from Estonia and 7 from Turkey.

runaway

It was evident the indian theme would not work in ESC. And I don't appreciate the fact that she avoided her Turkishness as much as possible, even at her promo to Turkey!

sonami

Dissapointed this never qualified, holland have gave us two excellent songs in a row and failed. Pretty disheartening for holland, but this was a excellent song. Good luck in 2013 :-)

Top Bottom