23 11.1%

13 6.3%

13 6.3%

11 5.3%

3 1.4%

24 11.5%

• Total voters

AngryAnt

Shame the Netherlands didn't get through, really wanted you guys to as i love the song (studio version was bought on iTunes soon as it was released).

That said, i wouldn't be surprised if you didnt withdraw, you seem to be pretty much in the same place that the UK was in in 2008. Terry Wogan was having a right go on the tele at the nul points we got and was calling for us to withdraw (think it was pretty close too).
Thankfully though we didn't.

Think you guys need to do the same, have a serious sit down and try to work out what to do.

Mind the big difference with the UK and the Netherlands is that you've sent some good songs while we sent naff all during the 00's besides maybe 2003/04.

It would be a shame to lose you :(.

Mark-ESC14

Well, I've heard that we're not going to withdraw from the contest next year, but I have learned that next year I'm just expecting that qualification is impossible. It isn't of course, but I'm tired of everytime hoping to qualify and think that it's possible, but the result is always the same. Otherwise ESC will be nothing but a disappointment every year and I don't want that. I also honestly don't know who we can send anymore. We tried everything and it's never good enough. Maybe we should send some twins with 80s hair or a band with hats that are a meter long, because it apparently works that way. :(

Last edited:

PeterLPZ

I´m sad for the Netherlands, but I must say, that I expected more - I had the feeling, that the voice of the singing guy wasn´t good enough yesterday. I could imagine, that for the most of the people this song wasn´t at the bottom of the list but also not at the top. And so this song didn´t polarize - mostly these songs are more successfull, which are polarizing.
I hope, that the Netherlands will go on next year.

edonkey

Well, I've heard that we're not going to withdraw from the contest next year, but I have learned that next year I'm just expecting that qualification is impossible. It isn't of course, but I'm tired of everytime hoping to qualify and think that it's possible, but the result is always the same. Otherwise ESC will be nothing but a disappointment every year and I don't want that. I also honestly don't know who we can send anymore. We tried everything and it's never good enough. Maybe we should send some twins with 80s hair or a band with hats that are a meter long, because it apparently works that way. :(
They got to the final as they were good enough to do so.
I do think the Netherlands send a good song but somehow it was not better than the qualifiers.
Well, good luck next year..

LakZaNokte

sorry u didn't make it guys...
this may be a lame excuse but seriously, this semi really was much stronger and it is possible that u would've made it in 1st semi

anyways, don't be too sad. we're on a road to nowhere as well when it comes to esc but I'm not even considering withdrawing. I guess we will be sending crap for some time but not forever. what comes down must go up (and vice versa) ;)

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Sad for you guys :( But I have to say that I think the draw played a part in it, and I guess you probably forgotten by many people by the end. Had you been on last you'd have probably made it :L

Raul_Spain

Almost nobody wants to participate in our country.. yes C-artists so i really hope they stop with it.. I think there is to much sarcasm and scaptical here right now..
Quality above Quantity..

For example:
Some people said 'do within temptation in 2012'
Why would Within temptation take the risk to participate and flop again? Exactly they are successfull enough without participate.. thats the main view here in The Netherlands..

Within Temptation singer can't sing live lol Watch any DVD of them it's cruelty. Send somebody who CAN SING with a NICE SONG. That's all.

Elize

Within Temptation weigert ESF
Within Temptation peinst er niet over om in 2012 mee te doen aan het Eurovisie Songfestival (ESF). Dat zei zangeres Sharon den Adel vanochtend in de radioshow van Giel Beelen.

Beelen belde de zangeres nadat muziekkenner en presentator Jan Smit gisteren zei dat we volgend jaar de gothic-metalband Within Temptation maar moesten sturen. Den Adel zei echter resoluut nee.

Short in english:
Within Temptation says 'no way' for ESC yesterday after the contest to a radio station

Last edited:

Grinch

WT would be WOWWWWWW! But they would never do that.

Netherlands, please, I beg you! Next year send an average ballad with a great singer. You see, these kind of entries are always saved by the jury...

Elize

Ali B said he will maybe do it if it is something very originals what never is done in the ESC. :') Here we go again.

ESCfan

Good song but not enough for the final...it could be of course on the final instead of some other songs

Cjs45

Very sorry that The Netherlands didn't qualify. :( It was a good song. Some very unfair results in the semis this year in general.

What to say except, try again next year? I'm sure you can do it. In my opinion, NL hasn't sent anything outstanding though, 3JS had a good song, but with all countries pulling out stops to make the best presentation possible, and with the bad draw, "Never Alone" could have been easily forgetten. Recent participants Sieneke (who I really liked), The Toppers and Hind all had songs that were nothing special or would get votes from around Europe. But I think that Edsilia and Glennis Grace would've easily qualified under the two semis system. Curious to see what placing 3JS got when the semi results are released after the final.

Keep trying!

Last edited:

Adeline

We won't withdraw next year. There's one good thing about the TROS: they don't give up that easily.
The bad thing about the TROS, is the music they resemble. It really has to be your taste: some people love it, some people can't stand it. And unfortunately, the first group only concentrates in The Netherlands itself, maybe with some support from Belgium and Germany. If these are the only countries you can rely on, you don't stand a chance, also because the jury's won't like these songs either.

The problem with The Netherlands is the same every year. The last seven years we have sent some crappy songs, but also some very decent songs. We've never sent something that was amazing. The jury in The Netherlands always choose for a 'safe' song; something that not many people will dislike, but also something that isn't outstanding. It's just like everybody's afraid that our entry will be dissed by other countries. But the problem is, that you NEVER make it with a safe song; it has to stand out in some way to be memorizable. Our entries from 2007, 2008 and 2011 - for example - were not bad at all, but they were too safe; there was nothing special about it.
It's time that we send something that stands out and stop with sending average midtempo songs. If you step outside your comfort zone, you can go wrong, but at least people will notice you and being noticed is one of the most important things in Eurovision.

To be honest, I don't think all our early eliminations were unfair. We were very forgettable in the semi and if it wasn't my own country, I would have easily forgotten them by the end of the evening. The same with the years before. Every year you hear that we should withdraw, because it's so extremely unfair that we are not getting through with a good song and that Europe don't appreciate good music, bla bla bla, while the main reason of all our early eliminations is, simply, that our songs/performances just weren't good enough. So it would be ridiculous to be sad and angry, as this is a fair result. Our song was just too safe; too forgettable. It's a good song and a good artist, but that is certainly not the only thing you need to make a chance.

So no; it would be ridiculous to withdraw, as we haven't tried too hard to send something that Europe will like. Every year it's laziness all over. I'm sure that if we REALLY do our best to make everything work next year, that our entry will be a lot better and that our chances will be bigger. I'm a bit irritated with every year's comments that it's all diaspora and that we will never get through with every song we send. If we tried for 100% and have an amazing song with an amazing, memorizable performance, and if we THEN won't get through, then there's reason to complain. But this is just a fair result.

Elize

Weve got the LAST place in semi 2 HAHAHAHA

18. Cyprus
19. Netherlands

only 8 points from Belgium and 5 points from Bulgaria.

seb89

I'm really sorry :(! I didn't like the performance, but the song in general was really good, and I casted some votes because I really liked the song. I can't imagine Sieneke did it better :s.

I hope the Netherlands won't withdraw!!!

Top Bottom