Contact us

The most political ESC entries!

midnightsun

Veteran
I remembered there was something about Belgium 2003 so I looked it up and wikipedia says:

Urban Trad participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2003, where they ended second with the song "Sanomi", a modern folk song with vocals in an imaginary language. A few months before the contest, the selectors dropped singer Soetkin Collier on the advice of the Belgian security services, who claimed that she'd had extreme right sympathies in the past. Collier vigorously denied the claims, and later that year after an investigation it was concluded that the accusations were exaggerated and based on outdated information.

As a result of this, two versions of the song exist on record. One was the standard album version (4:08) and another version was released on single and on the Eurovision Song Contest 2003 collaboration album. Often known as the Eurovision edit, it cut down to 3:01 and it had Soetkin Collier's vocals removed.

Fluke

Yeah, i think we can count this one in here already, though the anti-war lyrics are really quite universal, but it's obvious what "idiot going to war" they're referring to, not that most viewers aren't gonna agree with it anyway.

Yeah, i think we can count this one in here already, though the anti-war lyrics are really quite universal, but it's obvious what "idiot going to war" they're referring to, not that most viewers aren't gonna agree with it anyway.

ŠČ

Top Bottom