Contact us

The italian city candidate for host esc 2022

ESCConor

Another possible venue for Milan that the municipality has been cosidering, apart from the Mediolanum Forum, is Palazzo delle Scintille (Sparks' Palace).

Palazzo delle Scintille was built in the 1920s to hold sport events, but in the '60s it was trasformed in an expo space. They stopped using it in the '90s but last year it was entirly renovated as a multiporpused space for expos, concerts and theatre events. It can accomodate up to 13,500 people as a concert venue, more than Mediolanum Forum (12,300) and, while the Forum is actually in Assago (a suburb of Milan), Palazzo delle Scintille is the central district of Citylife, a new and trendy area.

Youve also got the Fiera Milano in Rho to consider as well as the Fiera di Roma.

aef

Turin still feels like the safest bet as Olympic venues always desperately need some sort of reuse anyway!

sucof

Palazzo delle scintille, Milano.
lower left

2020-07-09-Urbanfile-Milano-Tre-Torri-CityLife-Foto-Andrea-Cherchi-1-1024x683.jpg

Palazzo-delle-Scintille-Milano.jpg

CITYLIFE-1024x535.jpg

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Since my full name is Ezio Auditore da Firenze, I am rooting for Florence, where all my ancestors come from

ag89

It seems to me Torino has this... Rome has a very strange circle arena: how to put a big stage there? maybe in the middle? Hm.

FilipFromSweden

My gut feeling says Turin as it was RAI's choice if they would've hosted in 2018

ESCConor

was sure.

Turin is definitely the front runner so far.

PalaAlpitour in concert mode can hold a maximum of 18,500 people, so its a decent size, also transportation and hotels shouldnt be an issue.

Last edited:

sucof

I just read that organizing Eurovision costs an average of 18 million euros, almost like the Sanremo festival (Rai with Sanremo 2021 earned 38 million euros by selling advertising to sponsors, spending 16 million), I think the same thing is worth with Eurovision as regards revenues with sponsors

Loindici

Veteran
It seems to me Torino has this... Rome has a very strange circle arena: how to put a big stage there? maybe in the middle? Hm.

635307416875566181_r.jpg

Technically they still can, but it gets a bit more tricky to design it considering a quarter of the stage isn't usable in this picture.

palalottomatica.jpg

It's visible that a quarter of the seats aren't used as well in this picture.

Loindici

Veteran
Turns out EMA 2015 was hosted in Mediolanum, but as soon as I read this...

The 2015 MTV EMAs set has been designed by celebrated German-American stage and set designer Florian Wieder – the creative mastermind behind the MTV EMAs set designs in Frankfurt, Berlin, Munich, Liverpool, Amsterdam and Glasgow. He has also previously designed for the MTV Movie Awards and the MTV VMAs.

Eventhough it's a proof that a big stage in Mediolanum is possible, please RAI, NOT THIS GUY IF YOU'RE HOSTING.
I don't want to get a TV and a wavy stage this year.

iwanna belovewithyou

The mittlleuropean city of Trieste want host esc they have a arena in river to the sea
and other city Bari they have the fear ot mediterranean
Rimini want host toghether with Sanmarino, Rimini have a super big fear, Rimini is very beautiful, beautiful sky, good food, very friendly people the lgbt are welcomed too, and rimini have the most beautiful lifeguards in summer, the beach are very big with many sands. I think Rimini have a big hearth, i spend my young life with my faminly in summer and when are in Rimini i think and dreaming about esc in 80'2 and 90's.

ESCConor

Ive seen Bari is also considering bidding to host.

Only issue is the fact that they dont have a suitable venue to host the event.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Sanremo has also applied to host the event! xfaint

The city would lack the requirements but ... in the historical archives it seems that an agreement was found in 1991 where Rai, in the event of an ESC victory, would have allowed Sanremo to host the event xfaint

Ezio

Veteran
They should do interval act from San Marino, ie. Valentina Monetta house, it would be so much fun.
And what is San Marino supposed to do, in case they'd win afterwards?

Rimini on the other hand should of course be host, but just exactly for the case of a San Marino win.

sucof

Sanremo has also applied to host the event! xfaint

The city would lack the requirements but ... in the historical archives it seems that an agreement was found in 1991 where Rai, in the event of an ESC victory, would have allowed Sanremo to host the event xfaint

with the latest agreement signed with Rai the rule you say has been eliminated :LOL:

Top Bottom