Contact us

The hosts

Bluebird

What do you think about this year's hosts, Nikolaj Koppel, Lise Rønne and Pilou Asbæk?

Personally, I'm disappointed in them. All those artificial conversations and fake humor are quite irritating. What a difference with the outstanding quality of Petra Mede last year in Malmö. Please, Petra, come back! xlove xrose

PashonFrut

as long as NIKOLAJ is still there I don't care about the other hosts

All I see is Nikolaj :oops:

but yes they are a bit fake ... especially the girl host :lol: (But I loved that selfie part with Ola Sand )

Petra was the bomb

lilka

They are horrible, I want Petra to host! xbow

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
For Danish, their English is terrible. Those accents are thick as custard!

Celia

I only noticed hers. btw I've always wondered how you native speakers cope with listening to songs performed with terrible accents (because we get quite a few every year :lol:) I think I just couldn't like them even if the rest was ok.

r3gg13

I like Pilou, well I like his name... that's about it

Other than that, they're just as disappointing as the Russian and the Azeri hosts.

In all seriousness though, they're not bad at all, maybe I just have really high expectations :lol:

JackBauer

They are in contention for the worst host ever with Russia's semifinals host and Estonia 2002.

They are unable to speak decent English and are not helped by vulgar writing.

I don't mean to be a bitch, start a war with the danes or point out that I'm getting nearer 30, but young kids, I can tell you that hosts and writing were far from magnificent already in 2001.

I really think that what Norway, Germany and Sweden did is the best way now. To have one main host and just some people five minutes for the green room etc.

And it's much better for the votes, when there is only one host it's easier to talk and respond to the voters.

tuorem

I'm pleased to see that I'm not the only one to be disappointed by the hosts. First, when I saw three people stepping on stage, I was like : no! they returned to the 3-people presentation, which is too much imo.

Two people or one good one (like last year) is more than enough. The actor is useless, he's not funny at all and he can't speak clearly, they just wanted to have their Anke Engelke, but Anke was entertaining. We'll see how well they manage the second semi, I hope they'll improve since they were just boring and the jokes were too predictable.

Anjeza

as long as NIKOLAJ is still there I don't care about the other hosts

All I see is Nikolaj :oops:

Oh yes, I wish he could host the other two shows alone xheat

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Exactly my thoughts. Their accents are so promenant. Someone with a softer accent could have been a lot better.

AdelAdel

Lol, Petra was annoying as heck last year :?
I think the hosts are perfectly fine, I can't see a reason to attack them for any reason (and I can't hear their English, because our commentator does a loud voice-over translation anyway :lol:)

toinou03

I like Pilou, well I like his name... that's about it

Do Pilou mean anything in other languages ?
In French, pilou (or pilou-pilou :lol:) means the ugly but confortable pyjamas girls wear... :lol:
38387_1.jpg

BTW, indeed, hosts are the only bad thing this year. I think they are the worst since... Wouh ! those dreadful Russian semis with the stupid puppet and the loud idiot...

They are cold, unfriendly... I don't really know what they said because our commentators tell their lives upon them but they are really unpleasant. I don't have really understood what they were doing...
Worst is Lise Roenne who looks dispiseful and was dressed... Euuuuh... My mother asked me why there was a woman with a cabbage on her shoulder ? xrofl3

Well, as there is less and less time between everything and more and more things to show, hosts are more and more useless. Though, they feel necessary to put 3 of them... xfacepalm

And the 5 minutes interview of Sanna Nielsen... xscared As if there weren't 15 other contestants !

FilipFromSweden

I like the hosts, although Lise is a bit fake '' OH YOU ARE TOOOOOO KIIIND JAN OLA ''.
But they are pretty good xcheer

Celia

I think they don't deserve to be compared to the Azeri hosts, that's way too harsh on them xcrazy

12Points

They're fine though quite fake, and Sanna's friends are really unimportant :?

Lise's dress is fine, it's better than Petra Mede's

r3gg13

Do Pilou mean anything in other languages ?
In French, pilou (or pilou-pilou :lol:) means the ugly but confortable pyjamas girls wear... :lol:

And the 5 minutes interview of Sanna Nielsen... xscared As if there weren't 15 other contestants !

Pilou almost sounds like "pillow" with a non-US accent, and Asbæk sounds like "ass back" to me, so I... ummm... like that too :lol:
He's cute, so I like him :lol:.

Nikolaj is another looker, but he's a stereotypical hottie, and speaks French with a really American-sounding accent :lol:

I really don't get why they focus so much on Sanna, I bet you she's slated to win! :eek:

greece

I didn't even notice them...Only in some minutes in the begin. Then..:? Petra was way better.

And no as far as I know Pilou doesn't mean anything in Greek

Top Bottom