• I'm not excited about it/I didn't like it

7 10.1%
  • I'm dreading it/I hated it

10 14.5%
  • I'm not bothered/I didn't see it

13 18.8%

• Total voters

hawadharma

Watched it, feels like watching Pitch Perfect 3 (you know how bad the movie is) LOL

The movie could be better if they showed more dynamics of other contestants, rather than cringey dialogues from the two main casts.
Their love story is not believable at all, the most believable element in this movie was the mock songs - so ESC inspired

And why the hell Wiwibloggs part of the cast? Booooo

hawadharma

Apparently Duncan Laurence was offered a cameo role in the film, but he turned it down due to other commitments

The Russian guy looks like Duncan Laurence though

hawadharma

These are the entries that we heard in the film - maybe people will start making top 7s soon!

These are my points :lol:

:12: :is: ICELAND - Double Trouble - Fire Saga
:10: :sm: SAN MARINO - Hit My Itch - Dalibor Jinsky
:8: :gr: GREECE - Masquerade - Mita Xenakis
:7: :ru: RUSSIA - Lion of Love - Alexander Lemtov
:6: :by: BELARUS - Runnin' with the Wolves - Moon Fang
:5: :fi: FINLAND - Fool Moon - The Wonderfour
:4: :se: SWEDEN - Coolin' with Da Homies - Johnny John John

They should have added 3 more song to complete our Top 10 ranking :ROFLMAO:

hawadharma

The film was a bit of a hot mess, but it did have a certain charm at times. Particularly I thought the ending was quite sweet, with Ja Ja Ding Dong being the undisputed hit of the movie.

There's certain stuff that just wouldn't happen at the real Eurovision I can look past. In the studio recording a new version of your song during rehearsal week? Ok, I can forgive that. The way they handled the semi though was frustrating. The results on the scoreboard is an iconic part of the contest. I guess with how they decided to end the movie, they felt the need to do spokespersons with their points during the semi so that we at least have that aspect of the contest, but it just felt so, so very wrong.

I laughed out loud only twice. How Lars and Sigrit actually won the national final was hilariously dark. That last elf scene as well with the little knife. The mysterious elves were certainly the stars here tbh. Overall though the humour was just too forced for my tastes. I don't regret watching it at all, but it could have been a bit better. I'd prefer to see a Eurovision film that's not a comedy. Imagine a film about Valentina Monetta's Eurovision journey? The 16 year old girl that was meant to sing Social Network Song dropping out at the last minute and Valentina coming in to the rescue. Legendary.

The part where Lars turned back and the elves' door shuts down makes me laugh too loud.. :ROFLMAO:

tomos2019

And why the hell Wiwibloggs part of the cast? Booooo

Some Wiwibloggs videos are alright but when that William I think it was apparently insulted Michael Rice's song and then did an awkward interview with him(which at least he had a better song than this year's IMO) I thought it was a bit rubbish, if they could just not be so loud and opinionated I would probably watch them more often, I mean when I see loads of Eurovision bloggers show their opinion on a song in the thumbnail of the video it just gets too much.

hawadharma

I have officially downloaded Double Trouble.mp3 and has become a part of my playlist :ROFLMAO:

esc87fan

Turns out the reason Duncan turned down the cameo role is because he was in the middle of his European tour at the time the movie was being filmed

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
I finally got to watch this ESC-movie, what did I think of it?

Well, it's tongue in cheek, not meant to be taken seriously, and I had some laughs (some of those accents were hilarious btw) and found it charming at times. Some nice songs too and fun cameos by ESC-artists.

I did not have any high expectations though beforehand, so any inconsistencies, mistakes (compared to the real thing) and the overall sub-par movie quality per se did not bother me much.

Franzilein

A bit too many sex jokes for cheap laughters in my opinion and of course some inconsistencies, but overall an enjoyable film. Gotta love the Russian character, Lion of Love has been on repeat for several days now :lol:

Ewigkeit

Veteran
Húsavík kills me every time I listen to it. :(xheart

Can’t say it is an amazing movie but at least I enjoyed watching it. It was full of cringe moments but eh, I tried not to mind them. I saw some YouTube comments saying “This movie makes me proud of being Icelandic and I am not even from Iceland”. Yeah, that was totally the vibe, Iceland is a great choice for a movie like this. :mrgreen: Lastly, Rachel McAdams & Sigritxlove

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I know loads of people who aren't followers of ESC have watched this and everyone loved it and hyped it, not a single person has said it was terrible. Even from Americans, I know one who randomly mentioned it to me as a recommended film, but didn't even know it was a real contest. I haven't watched it yet, but I really kinda want to now.

JSSArcos

Watch on Thursday with some friends

This exceeded my expectations !!! Husavik is a masterpiece xbow

JamieBrown

Tried to watch it. Not bothered by the presentation of Iceland and Eurovision. Storywriting/climax building were so outdated already, I hated it.

Ianp16

The story and script of the movie was, for me, utter garbage. The songs however were fantastic and I enjoyed them. Will Ferrell makes angry so it was difficult to get through ANOTHER movie of him playing ManChild character. Boring.

Top Bottom