• I'm not excited about it/I didn't like it

7 10.1%
  • I'm dreading it/I hated it

10 14.5%
  • I'm not bothered/I didn't see it

13 18.8%

• Total voters

anto475

What do we all think about the Eurovision Film - "Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga"?

anto475

Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place btw, there's no generic/general Eurovision forum so I didn't know where to put it.

Personally I'm done with this idea already. It seems like it's inspired by an American/Irish/British idea of the contest as some weird forum of bizarre music with no connection to modern music tastes, and it will only feed stereotypes of the contest. I'm hoping to be proven wrong.

tomos2019

I probably will watch it with my mum, who is not too tolerant of Eurovision and I'm trying to keep an open mind but I understand people's concerns.

ESC94

I don´t have Netflix, so I can´t watch it, and even then the presence of Will Ferrell is enough for me to dislike it. And I really don´t understand why such a good actress like Rachel McAdams is appearing in such a cringy trash!!?? :unsure:

TimmyTAR

Yeah the trailer confirms this is going to be bad. But am I still going to watch it because there's nothing else going on 🤷‍♀️ Could still be a lot of fun

Romeo

In a year where the EBU refused to give us a real contest and broadcast a "here's what you could hacve had" I think Netflix will give us something decent. 2020 has been a rather shit year for everyone so I think the film is a great idea. Plus it will bring a new audience to the contest and possibly path the way for USAVision

Jay25

Don't be insulted just because Americans are "making fun" of eurovision... Enjoy the humor and hope that many new people will get to know this contest, even if it is through stereotypes only :D

Ianp16

Okay, I voted HATE IT before I saw the trailer. I can't stand Will Farrell, don't find him funny. But the trailer was nice. I might give it a watch then say I hate it after so that it's fair.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
im done

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
im done

Nice review! I couldn't agree more.

The movie turned out better than I expected, but with a few plot changes this could've been a really great movie.

Hope there will be a follower xheat

Top Bottom