10 14.5%
  • I'm not bothered/I didn't see it

13 18.8%

• Total voters

Dessi

I will watch it tonight. I will probably LOVE it. :D :ROFLMAO: xyaaay

Lindon

i am watching it now and i am SCREAMING
I'm watching it right now. I was skeptical. But the film is great. A lot of clichés but also a lot of truths.

"Mother Russia does not agree" :love:

Last edited:

EscUKFan

To be fair loves it probably wasn’t made with the intention of impressing hardcore fans. I’m not sure Will Ferrell could give a toss that there were two Latvia’s on the scoreboard or whatever all the Eurotwitter FURY was about.

EscUKFan

I’m also not watching. More due to the fact it includes Madame Ferrell :rolleyes:

Sammy

Veteran
Soundtrack: really entertaining. Especially the sing along part xlove10/10
Visuals: very funny 10/10
Story: dreadful. A complete disaster. The worst of all clichés from about every American superficial wanna-be-funny comedy. 0/10
Acting: Dan Stevens plays the Russian closet-sister quite well and I liked that he's not the complete villain in the end, Rachel McAdams is becoming better throughout the film (the beginning is rather bad though), Will Ferrell is utterly unwatchable. The rest - average. So overall: 4/10

All in all, the movie is too long. I'm probably downloading the songs, but the rest will hopefully fall into oblivion very soon.

Ezio

Veteran
i actually enjoyed the movie a bit although it was cringe for most parts.

i hardly laughed. The only moment that made me chuckle was when Lars screamed shidd and the iceberg broke.

the Eurovision songs were too camp and dated, zero points for all of them.
also the semifinal voting, the hosts with such a strong accent in Edinburtgh, Lemtov claiming that everybody hated UK, so why are we in Scotland, norton talking over the performance... portrayed really inauthentically Eurovision as it is.
the murder was also gross.

however, I loved the song along. That was iconic. All these stars. and, the final Performance of Iceland was amazing.

TimmyTAR

EmmelieFan

These are the entries that we heard in the film - maybe people will start making top 7s soon!

:by: BELARUS - Runnin' with the Wolves - Moon Fang
:fi: FINLAND - Fool Moon - The Wonderfour
:sm: SAN MARINO - Hit My Itch - Dalibor Jinsky
:gr: GREECE - Masquerade - Mita Xenakis
:se: SWEDEN - Coolin' with Da Homies - Johnny John John
:is: ICELAND - Double Trouble - Fire Saga
:ru: RUSSIA - Lion of Love - Alexander Lemtov

Lindon

Rachel McAdams on the hostility of the audience in Tel Aviv:
"..they were just shy of booing us off the stage"

Lindon

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
The song along makes me feel so good. And Waterloo truly is the most iconic winner song.

I am also hooked on Husavik. I wished to see the scoreboard on fire after this astounding ballad. It is like Eg a lif and Is it true on steroids and sounds like a Eurovision favorite.

i think Molla Sandén deserves an Oscar for this song. She better prepare her acceptance speech.
my third favorite moment was with Salvador Sobral.

EscGeek

Veteran
I enjoyed the movie very much. Now i'm hoping someone will make memes out of it (so we can have more inside jokes) :D

tomos2019

It was OK. I suppose it was mindless entertainment for me. The songs were fun what-ifs, though of course lots of things about the contest were inaccurate oddly some of the moments of the storyline and characters did slightly annoy me too.

anto475

A very very American film. I think I needed to have been very drunk to laugh at it. Also as much as I loved him as James Bond, Pierce Brosnan should never act as a character that isn't Irish or British, his accent travelled all over the British Isles

Lindon

:lol:(y)

Top Bottom