Contact us

The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - We have a winner!

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Re: The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - DAY 17 (ISRAEL)

A dreadful, tuneless mess. I understand why people like it, but it sounds like a joke entry to me, regardless of the lyrical meaning. I feel like this song winning would seriously hurt the reputation of the contest.

lolita

A dreadful, tuneless mess. I understand why people like it, but it sounds like a joke entry to me, regardless of the lyrical meaning. I feel like this song winning would seriously hurt the reputation of the contest.

Same here! It is overall annoying, I always skip it on my playlist, I could barely listen to the whole song. For me, this it THE MOST overrated entry in the contest, EVER, even though I understand its meaning, it is really nothing special to me. OVERRATED!

Rowenna

I agree - (Lolita, Qwaar) mostly- There is a message for women but it is loss in the silliness that surrounds it. The chorus is catchy and her performance great;
but the song itself is blah! If males agree with the message and like it then maybe there is hope for some change.

mauve

Veteran

Definitely not my cup of tea. Even though this song might be the idea of creating a modern ESC-song and has ist own style, it's not getting through to me at all. Unlike other people I have nothing against an ESC-song including humorous elements, but in this case it just doesn't work. Absolutely completely overrated.

lolita

I don't remember any song that was overrated like this, even not Italy last year, and on the contrary, Italian song was at least really good and quality, I can listen to it even today and enjoy, but this annoying entry I can't stand. It is painful to listen and to watch its video ( chicken arrogant face expresions and movements). Like someone in Panel has said, I will be sad if this will win, but I really think it will, so I am already preparing myself for dissapointment. :p

Soul

A rather bland dance track meets chicken sounds and the weirdness of a highly entertaining and talented singer. Not too bad but I grew tired of it very fast and don't really want to see it winning even if it's still somewhere in my personal Top 10. After all it's a song contest and the song - while it's definitely great fun and a breath of fresh air - sadly isn't all that great.

mauve

Veteran
Re: The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - DAY 18 (GERMANY)

Michael's song is at least far better than our last entries; it may be a song heard many times before, but he still does a decent job. For some people it is a meaningless song, for some it is a heart-breaking song that goes straight to your heart, especially when you can relate to the lyrics about losing someone that is close to you, tears included.

94ayd

Re: The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - DAY 1 (SPAIN)

19. LITHUANIA - Ieva Zasimauskaitė - When We're Old

20-LITHUANIA-850x491.png

Read the "Expert" Panel reviews and vote in the poll here!

Do #YOU agree with our views on Lithuania? What's your opinion? Share your review of the Lithuanian entry below and we'll feature the best across the main site!​

Um, the full ranking and :de:'s place in it seems to be missing from the article...

BernadetteCydonia

Re: The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - DAY 19 (LITHUANIA)

:lt:

Seems like a breath of fresh air from us after several years of relying on fast musical tempo, and now we decided to send a sweet ballad about sticking with your loved one until the end of time. Unfortunately it comes across as just too harmless to stand out, especially with the draw its got, but maybe that's its charm? I don't know. It's pleasant and lovely but it kinda lacks something to possibly leave any impact on millions of others.

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Um, the full ranking and :de:'s place in it seems to be missing from the article...

Was in a bit of a rush and forgot to add it, my apologies, it's in there now

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Was in a bit of a rush and forgot to add it, my apologies, it's in there now

mauve

Veteran
Re: The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - DAY 19 (LITHUANIA)

This song is kinda hard to rank actually. It's a sweet song on the one side, but also not striking enough when considering the theme of the song. The depth is missing. But I still hope that the song will make ist way to the finals!

mauve

Veteran
Re: The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - DAY 21 (NETHERLANDS)

This song is just powerful, amazing, outstanding! And this statement comes from someone who actually doesn't like Country music in general. But this song has more rocking elements than an usual Country song. A big part - of course - plays Waylon who just gives you this impression how much he enjoys to perform this song. It reminds me of the good rock bands of the 80's like Aerosmith. Wonderful!

BernadetteCydonia

Re: The ESC United "Expert Panel" 2018 - DAY 22 (HUNGARY)

I've been waiting to be hopefully featured on this song's review, heheh:

:hu:

This is where the typical "oh but it's not for Eurovision" argument shatters into billions of pieces of glass. This is loud, passionate, the band knows what they're doing when performing this and the emotions flow well throughout the song because one can express their loss of a relative through hatred towards something that made one lose the relative too. Well done for bringing the post-hardcore genre with screamos onto Eurovision, Hungary! Keep being diverse for years to come!

Top Bottom