Contact us

The Draw

What should we have in 2017? Random Draw? or Procuders draw?

• Total voters

Pawhlen

After a good nights sleep, I think it will be good for both us and :bg: to perform close to each other. Still eager to find out if :be: was destroyed by the juries in the semi, and in that case probably did very well in the televoting. I guess we going to do well in both parts, simular to how Frans did last year, 8-10th with the jury and 6-8th in the televoting.

But as we saw last year, the actual placement is not that equally important with the new system, it's all about gaining as much points as possible with both parts

Kaz

These are my final results predictions based off the running order.

01 ISRAEL - 16TH - Will reach top 10 with televote but juries will kill him if he doesn't improve his vocals.
02 POLAND - 13TH - Death slot won't affect them too much because diaspora could very likely push Poland into televote top 10.
03 BELARUS - 11TH - Far overshadows following Austria.
04 AUSTRIA - 21ST - Will be cancelled out after Belarus' similar song.
05 ARMENIA - 4TH - Doin' an Aram Mp3.
06 NETHERLANDS - 7TH - Dark horse of the competition.
07 MOLDOVA - 12TH - Stands out between two darker songs.
08 HUNGARY - 18TH - Filler.
09 ITALY - 3RD - No particular reason I think this won't win, I just have a hunch.
10 DENMARK - 15TH - Televote (except Australia) will forget about Anja, but juries won't.
11 PORTUGAL - 1ST - No particular reason I think this will win either, I just have a hunch.
12 AZERBAIJAN - 10TH - Strongest Azerbaijani entry since 2013.
13 CROATIA - 19TH - Filler.
14 AUSTRALIA - 22ND - (Shitty) filler.
15 GREECE - 20TH - Juries will despise this.
16 SPAIN - 25TH - Do I really need to justify myself?
17 NORWAY - 17TH - Filler.
18 UNITED KINGDOM - 6TH - Stands out IMMENSELY after 18 minutes of mediocrity.
19 CYPRUS - 24TH - Filler.
20 ROMANIA - 8TH - Most likely top 5 with the public and bottom 5 with the jury, but the public will outweigh the jury (see Poland 2016).
21 GERMANY - 26TH - Germany and Spain's positions are interchangeable.
22 UKRAINE - 23RD - Definitely stands out, but I feel that a lot of people simply won't vote for a rock song.
23 BELGIUM - 14TH - I speculate that Blanche scraped through the semi ~8th, but her rank will be pushed up due to her good slot.
24 SWEDEN - 5TH - Trash but people (and some juries) will love it.
25 BULGARIA - 2ND - Amazing slot and had the strongest vocals in his semi.
26 FRANCE - 9TH - I'm afraid it may be lost after the Belgium-Bulgaria string, but people will remember it being last.

John1

These are my final results predictions based off the running order.

01 ISRAEL - 16TH - Will reach top 10 with televote but juries will kill him if he doesn't improve his vocals.
02 POLAND - 13TH - Death slot won't affect them too much because diaspora could very likely push Poland into televote top 10.
03 BELARUS - 11TH - Far overshadows following Austria.
04 AUSTRIA - 21ST - Will be cancelled out after Belarus' similar song.
05 ARMENIA - 4TH - Doin' an Aram Mp3.
06 NETHERLANDS - 7TH - Dark horse of the competition.
07 MOLDOVA - 12TH - Stands out between two darker songs.
08 HUNGARY - 18TH - Filler.
09 ITALY - 3RD - No particular reason I think this won't win, I just have a hunch.
10 DENMARK - 15TH - Televote (except Australia) will forget about Anja, but juries won't.
11 PORTUGAL - 1ST - No particular reason I think this will win either, I just have a hunch.
12 AZERBAIJAN - 10TH - Strongest Azerbaijani entry since 2013.
13 CROATIA - 19TH - Filler.
14 AUSTRALIA - 22ND - (Shitty) filler.
15 GREECE - 20TH - Juries will despise this.
16 SPAIN - 25TH - Do I really need to justify myself?
17 NORWAY - 17TH - Filler.
18 UNITED KINGDOM - 6TH - Stands out IMMENSELY after 18 minutes of mediocrity.
19 CYPRUS - 24TH - Filler.
20 ROMANIA - 8TH - Most likely top 5 with the public and bottom 5 with the jury, but the public will outweigh the jury (see Poland 2016).
21 GERMANY - 26TH - Germany and Spain's positions are interchangeable.
22 UKRAINE - 23RD - Definitely stands out, but I feel that a lot of people simply won't vote for a rock song.
23 BELGIUM - 14TH - I speculate that Blanche scraped through the semi ~8th, but her rank will be pushed up due to her good slot.
24 SWEDEN - 5TH - Trash but people (and some juries) will love it.
25 BULGARIA - 2ND - Amazing slot and had the strongest vocals in his semi.
26 FRANCE - 9TH - I'm afraid it may be lost after the Belgium-Bulgaria string, but people will remember it being last.

The entries from Belgium and Bulgaria are so different that it mayn't be less an asset than a flaw tbh. xthinkxthink

Ezio

Veteran
Let's give it a try:

1st Half:

Israel
Poland

Azerbaijan
Netherlands +2
Moldova +2
Austria -2
Armenia -2
Croatia
Belarus
Denmark -1
Hungary
Italy
Portugal -2

2nd half:

Greece +1
Australia -1
Spain
Romania
Bulgaria
Sweden
United Kingdom -2
Belgium +2
22. Ukraine
Germany -2
France +2
Cyprus
Norway

Not very bad :D

hijirio

Veteran
Maybe the producers' draw could stay, but letting the artists decide only the half they they'll perform is not enough.
I think maybe there should be like quarters, or maybe even smaller pieces.
So the producers can order songs in their groups of 5.
This gives them way less power
It sounds to me like the most optimal way.

Synergise

I think the producers should be able to determine the entire running order without the assorting of halves. However, instead of putting the entries in a line, they put them in a circle. A single draw is then taken to determine which song begins the show, and the entries then continue in the order until it reaches the end of the circle.

This still gives the producers the ability to decide on an order that mixes technical requirements, musical genres etc. to avoid clustering of songs.

E.g. imagine there are only 4 countries in the final (Country 1, 2, 3 and 4). The producers choose the order 1,2,3,4 based on technical requirements and musical genres.
There is then a public draw to find which song will begin the show. Number 3 is drawn. This means the acts would perform in the order 3,4,1,2.

Pawhlen

Maybe the producers' draw could stay, but letting the artists decide only the half they they'll perform is not enough.
I think maybe there should be like quarters, or maybe even smaller pieces.
So the producers can order songs in their groups of 5.
This gives them way less power
It sounds to me like the most optimal way.

Which will end up with everyone wanted to be in the second half

But I agree with you on the option of having 4 quarters instead of two halfs in the draw

Alaska49

I think the producers should be able to determine the entire running order without the assorting of halves. However, instead of putting the entries in a line, they put them in a circle. A single draw is then taken to determine which song begins the show, and the entries then continue in the order until it reaches the end of the circle.

This still gives the producers the ability to decide on an order that mixes technical requirements, musical genres etc. to avoid clustering of songs.

E.g. imagine there are only 4 countries in the final (Country 1, 2, 3 and 4). The producers choose the order 1,2,3,4 based on technical requirements and musical genres.
There is then a public draw to find which song will begin the show. Number 3 is drawn. This means the acts would perform in the order 3,4,1,2.
this is actually really clever and fantastic. i would only keep the current decision of drawing a specific spot for the host country to keep things transparent and then do this idea exactly

Realest

The best would be to give the favourites the bad positions in order to get a more equal voting (f.e. like 2011) and not one like this year where the Top10 had about 90% of all Points.
Portugal should have been #2, Italy #4, Israel and Poland #12 and #13, Bulgaria #14 And Spain, Australia and Germany very late.

DanielLuis

The best would be to give the favourites the bad positions in order to get a more equal voting (f.e. like 2011) and not one like this year where the Top10 had about 90% of all Points.
Portugal should have been #2, Italy #4, Israel and Poland #12 and #13, Bulgaria #14 And Spain, Australia and Germany very late.

Then people wouldn't stop complaining about the big favourites being drawn in an unfair position if one of the middle of the road songs won isntead of them.

Realest

Then people wouldn't stop complaining about the big favourites being drawn in an unfair position if one of the middle of the road songs won isntead of them.

I dont think the running order decides about victory. A good song can win from every Position. I would give Favourites bad draws to either prove that RO is overrated or to equalize the Voting. This Year f.e. there was no chance that lets say Denmark could win even if it had the best possible draw while Portugal had the worst.

Top Bottom