Texas

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

texas-flag-state-us-picture-id1024976074

Juror : Looren

WV145 - Kenny Rogers - Lady - SF - 19th - 42 points
WV146 - Pentatonix - Can't Help Falling In Love - SF - 20th - 35 points
WV147 - Lee Ann Womack - I May Hate Myself In The Morning - SF - 18th - 45 points
WV148 - Pentatonix - Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy - SF - 22nd - 27 points
WV149 - Jessica Simpson - I Wanna Love You Forever - SF - 19th - 44 points

WV150 - Pentatonix - Making Christmas - SF - 25th - 20 points
WV159 - Pentatonix - Run To You - SF - 6th - 69 points - Final - 19th - 93 points
WV160 - Erin McCerley - I Won't Let You Down - SF - 16th - 46 points
WV161 - Mitch Grassi - Joga - SF - 21st - 42 points

My WV historic :

Last edited by a moderator:

Looren

Veteran
The first Texan entry will be an entry that totally correspond to my mood this last week like I said in the send your entry thread

It'll be a beautiful romantic ballad sang by a legend

Looren

Veteran
Kenny Rogers - Lady

Well it was quite easy to chose my entry this edition, I was in a very romantic mood this past weeks so I wanted a very romantic and emotional entry, and this obviously came to my mind, I hope that you'll enjoy it and RIP Kenny Rogers, legend forever xheart

Looren

Veteran
Well our lovely Kenny sadly failed to qualify, I kinda feel bad after that 'cause I was really attached to this song but nevermind !

Next edition am sending the reason of my presence in Texas

Pentatonix 146

Looren

Veteran
Pentatonix - Can't Help Falling In Love

No I totally didn't forget to post there :lol:
Well so here is it, my first Pentatonix entry, it's an beautiful, angelic and romantic cover of Elvis Presley's song, the harmonies are so beautiful and their voices so angelic, I totally fell in love with this masterpiece so I was obviously going to share it with you, I hope that you'll enjoy it and even if you don't it's okay, am just happy to share it with y'all, bless your souls xheart

Looren

Veteran
Well it's an NQ and a sad 21st place but am happy 'cause my dream came true, Kai scored Pentatonix and just this is making me so happy, thanks to all of those who scored Pentatonix, I love you xheart

Texas will come back stronger next edition !

theditz83

Veteran
I really really wish that you would've gone with a more up-tempo Pentatonix track since for me, the real joy of listening to their tracks is their complex arrangements complete with unique percussion and bass elements, and we couldn't really experience that with such a mellow track as Can't Help Falling In Love. You definitely deserved better than the position you got though :(

esc87fan

How about going with something by Selena, one of her up-tempo tracks perhaps? Her star faded too soon, but her music lives on forever

Looren

Veteran
I really really wish that you would've gone with a more up-tempo Pentatonix track since for me, the real joy of listening to their tracks is their complex arrangements complete with unique percussion and bass elements, and we couldn't really experience that with such a mellow track as Can't Help Falling In Love. You definitely deserved better than the position you got though :(

Don't worry, you'll get up-tempo Pentatonix xheat

How about going with something by Selena, one of her up-tempo tracks perhaps? Her star faded too soon, but her music lives on forever

Selena Gomez ? I don't think that I'll ever send her :lol:

Looren

Veteran
Lee Ann Womack - I May Hate Myself In The Morning

Yes we're in a romantic mood again, a beautiful country song full of emotions, I hope you'll enjoy it, take care xheart

Looren

Veteran
Sadly Lee Ann failed, but well, we move on !

Pentatonix NF :

And here it is ! The very first Pentatonix NF ! Let's gooo !

Pentatonix - The First Noel

Pentatonix - Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy

Pentatonix - Attention

Pentatonix - Anchor

Pentatonix - When The Party's Over

Pentatonix - I Just Called To Say I Love You

Pentatonix - Thank You

Voting system :

Rate every song from 0 to 10 (10/10 for all the songs pls)​

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran

Well I first was happy that this won the NF but after that LL reaction idk what I should think... well I still love this song and this band so much and I hop some of you will be able to enjoy it xheart

NF results :

1. Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy : 41/60
2. Attention : 38/60
3. Anchor : 27/60
4. I Just Called to Say I Love You : 25/60
5. Thank You : 20/60
6. The First Noel : 18/60
7. When The Party's Over : 17/60

Votes :

::ceca

9 I Just Called To Say I Love You
9 Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy
8 Attention
6 When The Party's Over
5 Anchor
0 The First Noel
0 Thank You

:kr

Pentatonix - The First Noel - 3
Pentatonix - Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy - 8
Pentatonix - Attention - 6
Pentatonix - Anchor - 4
Pentatonix - When The Party's Over - 3
Pentatonix - I Just Called To Say I Love You - 4
Pentatonix - Thank You - 3

:br:

10. Pentatonix - Anchor
9. Pentatonix - Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy
4. Pentatonix - Thank You
2. Pentatonix - I Just Called To Say I Love You
0. Pentatonix - When The Party's Over
0. Pentatonix - The First Noel
0. Pentatonix - Attention

:us:

The First Noel = 6/10
Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy = 5/10
Attention = 8/10
Anchor = 6/10
When The Party’s Over = 5/10
I Just Called To Say I Love You = 7/10
Thank You = 3/10

:be: (with comments mdr)
Pentatonix - The First Noel
It's not Christmas so I don't feel like listening to this sort of stuff, but since this sort of stuff actually lends itself pretty well to gospel shenanigans this is quite charming actually. But yeah, send this in december if you must.
Rating: 5/10

This song is not meant for voices like that and it doesn't work. It has none of the eerieness that it should have. It should be played on instruments that have a lot of reverb for full effect. If you want something that does this well take this for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdoTdG_VNV4
Suddenly the song takes you to a whole different emotional space.
Rating: 3/10

Pentatonix - Attention
Well fuck me, this is actually better than the original. Not too hard as that song is really nothing much being sold for brilliance, but at least it's melodically solid so there's some material to work with here. I really like how the beatboxing and the vocal layering in the verses gives this song some illusory tempo, which is something the original really lacks. Only downside here is that the chorus is done by the girl who tries to sing it in a way that is pretty, but lacks any emotional depth. But yeah, while this has some downsides and some upsides this was an interesting listen and they took the song to a new place. Was enjoyable.
Rating: 7/10

Pentatonix - Anchor
This is just too weak. The production doesn't really work, it's just too simplistic. Also melodically it's not doing anything that interests me at all. I mean honestly, apart from a couple nice harmonies near the end this song has absolutely nothing going for it.
Rating: 2/10

Pentatonix - When The Party's Over
This song is special. It's the only song that brings me to tears with a 100% success rate. So yeah while Pentatonix really does a really decent job here I just miss a couple cues here that normally really hammer that emotion down. They do keep the silences, they don't make it particularly dense anywhere with unnecessary harmonies and stuff, they understand what this song is doing. This is not bad. You can't beat a masterpiece, and I really just want the Eilish version when I hear this, but kudos to Pentatonix for not making a mess of it. I'm going to bury this so that it doesn't win, because I want the Eilish one and not have Pentatonix subdue the chances of Eilish being sent.
Rating: 0/10

Pentatonix - I Just Called To Say I Love You
God no. Awful. The song is just a pile of shit as it is and to then have this done with the absolute worst of the Pentatonix style where they try to do arpeggio's with their voices. I just can't. This is ridiculous. We have synths for a reason. Use them.
Rating: 1/10

Pentatonix - Thank You
This is again a Christmas song, but ok maybe it's not as obvious here so let's go. Use of piano here is much appreciated, Pentatonix often uses their voices as an instrument which is just silly to me. Here the piano and the main vocalist are the 'main track' so to speak and all that nonsense happens as a sort of support track to it where it's much less annoying. Ok, so production here is fine, vocals here are fine, what about the song? I don't know this, I think it might be a Pentatonix original? Well anyway, reckon it's pretty good actually. Melodically doesn't do much that is all that interesting, but it sure is cute and it has a couple of moments. Not sure if I will score this, but this is a perfectly decent ballad so it's not hopeless.
Rating: 8/10

::kans

4 - The First Noel
6 - Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy
9 - Attention
8 - Anchor
3 - When The Party's Over
2 - I Just Called To Say I Love You
2 - Thank You​

Top Bottom