Contact us

Tennis (in general)

lilka

Time to refresh this thread. Do I have to say how proud I am of our Iga Świątek? xcry :pl:
I have to say though that I'm impressed how all these foreign commentators mastered the pronunciation of her last name. :D

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
Time to refresh this thread. Do I have to say how proud I am of our Iga Świątek? xcry :pl:
I have to say though that I'm impressed how all these foreign commentators mastered the pronunciation of her last name. :D

She's my fave tenniswoman, I was so happy xheart

blue00eyes

WTA is becoming boring, there's Świątek and Sabalenka constantly delivering, the rest has up and downs. One tournament wonders are gone now.

Looren

Veteran
WTA is becoming boring, there's Świątek and Sabalenka constantly delivering, the rest has up and downs. One tournament wonders are gone now.

Boring ? Tbh I never followed it that much, there's finally consistency and really high level

Rybakina is also great but she has to improve in clay

We literaly have a big 3 right now with Swiatek/Sabalenka/Rybakina, also helps that all three of them have very likeable personnality and still some points to improve on

Ngl WTA > ATP right now

blue00eyes

I don't follow Rybakina much, she did surprise me with Wimbledon though.
I count more on Jabeur but she is mentally not strong and Sakkari, Gauff, Badosa.

I wish Azarenka retires

Looren

Veteran
I don't follow Rybakina much, she did surprise me with Wimbledon though.

She was impressive in Australian Open then in the two Americans M1000

Then she got injuried in Stuttgart and yeah well came back to Madrid, lost her first game but yeah we know she's not good on clay, bit like Iga on grass

blue00eyes

Can't wait for Rome, Świątek is gonna meet her tough opponents Rybakina and Krejcikova and hopefully Sabalenka again.

Looren

Veteran
Can't wait for Rome, Świątek is gonna meet her tough opponents Rybakina and Krejcikova and hopefully Sabalenka again.

Yeah Rome will be very interesting

Not sure if Rybakina will be strong there, she still has a lot of progress to do on clay

Also there's Jabeur coming back from her injury which could be tough

blue00eyes

Yeah Rome will be very interesting

Not sure if Rybakina will be strong there, she still has a lot of progress to do on clay

Also there's Jabeur coming back from her injury which could be tough
Jabeur should be careful to not get any injury before French Open. I wish her another great result.

Rybakina is dangerous, when she has a good day and precise shots down the line it's hard to stop her.

blue00eyes

Kenin kicked out Sabalenka. Is she back?

Ostapenko seems to be in a good form too from what I saw.

Looren

Veteran
Oh lord, I hope Iga's injury isn't too severe, there's only 11 days until Rolland Garros :(

blue00eyes

Oh lord, I hope Iga's injury isn't too severe, there's only 11 days until Rolland Garros :(
Oh no, I was so asleep yesterday I didn't watch until the end. It was 6-2 4-2 I gave up watching. I woke up today and saw the news. This is sad. You never now.

I wanted to see Ostapenko-Świątek battle. :(

Now a ratio Rybakina vs Świątek is like 3-0 which isn't reflecting reality too well but whatever. Roland Garros is much more important and I hope Iga will be healthy.

Looren

Veteran
Oh no, I was so asleep yesterday I didn't watch until the end. It was 6-2 4-2 I gave up watching. I woke up today and saw the news. This is sad. You never now.

I wanted to see Ostapenko-Świątek battle. :(

Now a ratio Rybakina vs Świątek is like 3-0 which isn't reflecting reality too well but whatever. Roland Garros is much more important and I hope Iga will be healthy.

Yeah it's really sad, I hope she'll get better

Well yeah I don't know, I mean in their first two games this year Rybakina was just clearly better, but this time I feel like Swiatek could/should've won the game, but mentally Rybakina was really strong so I don't know who would've won

Now I hope Elena wins the tournament, she's really a likeable person

I hope Iga will be healthy in RG and will manage to keep her crown, but yeah it'll be a tough battle, especially against Aryna and Elena (I clearly didn't expect her to get that good on clay in such a short amount of time)

blue00eyes

I will keep my fingers crossed for Ostapenko. I like underdogs and we need some drama

Looren

Veteran
Congrats Elena xheart am really happy for her but also a bit sad for Kalinina but yeah it was clear that she was waaay too tired

So on clay season we had :

Stuttgart : Iga
Madrid : Aryna
Rome : Elena

Yeah there's clearly a big 3 now in women's tennis, these 3 are clearly dominating since the start of season, I can't wait for Roland Garros

blue00eyes

The way Elena won was extraordinary :D Can't wait for RG'23

Kalinina was too tired it seems. The battle between her and Haddad Maia then a meaningful win against Kudermetova cost a lot.

Top Bottom