Contact us

Tennis (in general)

DenizESC

Banned
I'm so happy Hyeong Chung kicked racist Sandgren out of the AO without even giving him a set (3-0) I'm rooting for Chung to win the whole thing now even though I love Fed too ofc. Go Chung!

At the women's AO its pretty obvious Simona Halep will win.

SaladBreak

Well done Marin, for the first time a :hr: representative is in the final of :au: open :D
I think he's going to win 2nd place though.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I love Roger Federer, but I want to Chung to beat him tonight, and then Cilic on Sunday to win the title. That would be an incredible moment.

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

DenizESC

Banned
Err.... xshifty

To be fair though, what a match it was xheat
[MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION]

Lots of xheat for sure
I may have underrated Wozniacki a bit but tbh I'm still surprised she managed to win the AO. It was a good match overall, Halep just didn't seem to have the energy anymore to finish the match. Which is not surprising considering her previous matches where she played very long matches against very tough opponents unlike Wozniacki who probably had the luckiest way to a GS final ever. Still good job though from Caroline.

Federer 20 slams! A true legend, Marin did an amazing job pushing Federer btw!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
[MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION]

Lots of xheat for sure
I may have underrated Wozniacki a bit but tbh I'm still surprised she managed to win the AO. It was a good match overall, Halep just didn't seem to have the energy anymore to finish the match. Which is not surprising considering her previous matches where she played very long matches against very tough opponents unlike Wozniacki who probably had the luckiest way to a GS final ever. Still good job though from Caroline.

Federer 20 slams! A true legend, Marin did an amazing job pushing Federer btw!

Oh both finals were utterly amazing matches, no question! Cilic fought so hard and really made the most of what was on offer. I am looking forwards to the BBC highlights (because they cba to pay for the actual matches IOTAP)!

DutchSuomiFan

Does anyone on here follow Wimbledon right now? If so, who are you rooting for? I'm rooting for Kiki Bertens & Robin Haase since they're from :nl:. Bertens is currently playing against :ru: Blinkova and Haase will play :au: Nick Kyrgios tomorrow. Good luck with that:D:D

Preuss

Australian Open, first GS of the season! :D

Williams back on top maybe? Personally I want Kerber to win

DenizESC

Banned
I see Aryna Sabalenka & Ka. Pliskova as favorites for the tournament. But that might change throughout the tournament.

For the men it might be a bit trickier to predict this time, hmm I say Karen Khachanov.

Seok-jin

Who do you think will win US Open this year? ( Both ATP & WTA)

HayashiM

Veteran
ATP - Novak Djokovic, if his hand injury is not too hard. Otherwise I would hope we could finally get a breakthrough from one of the young guns who could defeat the Big 3.
WTA - S. Williams (I guess), anyone but S. Williams (I hope). I really wouldn't mind a new grandslam champion either.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
So we're getting RG just a week after US Open... I don't know how the athletes will deal with that, especially as clay season is pretty much cancelled. It means Rafa Nadal will have to defend two grand slam titles in just one month too.

DenizESC

Banned
So we're getting RG just a week after US Open... I don't know how the athletes will deal with that, especially as clay season is pretty much cancelled. It means Rafa Nadal will have to defend two grand slam titles in just one month too.
I think he'll go for just Roland Garros and many players will choose to focus on 1, that is simply too little time.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I think he'll go for just Roland Garros and many players will choose to focus on 1, that is simply too little time.
Likely scenario, he may have a high competitive spirit, and US Open might be is his most successfull Grand Slam after RG, he knows he can't push his body too far with all the injuries he had over the years.

Top Bottom