21-22. :be: Belgium (5 points)
23. :az: Azerbaijan (3 points)
24. :au: Australia (2 points)
25. :ch: Switzerland (0 point)

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
escaping zero points is hard. This year we had a record number of countries with less than 10 televoting points and most of them were lucky to not having received 0. also Greece was very lucky with a lot of countries that had them outside their top 20 in televoting.

NeoTen

escaping zero points is hard. This year we had a record number of countries with less than 10 televoting points and most of them were lucky to not having received 0. also Greece was very lucky with a lot of countries that had them outside their top 20 in televoting.
Don't you think that record is mainly due that televoting record of Ukraine? Nearly every country aligned with Russia (Belarus, Hungary, Kazakhstan) and Russia themselves didn't take part. That's a touchy subject, sure, but, soon 45 countries will take part reguarly and 0 televoting points will be a very seldom occurrence.

AlekS

Veteran
This is actually a very poor record in comparison to the previous winners.
xrofl
Actually it has gained as much streams on Spotify, on its 1st day after the final, as Duncan and Salvador combined (excluding local streams). 2 times more than Netta.
Grand final performance trended at #4 in the world (among all videos, not just music) on Youtube and the official video at #5 at the same time!

The song has trended in 47 countries (15 #1s, #2-3 in 11 more countries because the show was at #1, only Sam Ryder prevented them from #1 in the UK) , including USA (not even Zitti e Buoni could do that), Canada and New Zealand. It was on Itunes in friggen Botswana & Mexico :lol:

The song is all over Turkish news and we're not even participating, in fact with all this promotion the song is supposed to have much higher commercial success than it's currently having.
Actually, with all this promotion, the song is trending in Turkey at #10-12 for the 3rd consecutive day. While the show itself is at #5 and people have watched the show before our victory and your news and thankfully they keep watching it. Better thank us for promoting Eurovision in your country :rolleyes:

Last edited:

dany rose

This is actually a very poor record in comparison to the previous winners. Of course people will check who won Eurovision, it will draw all the attention. The song is all over Turkish news and we're not even participating, in fact with all this promotion the song is supposed to have much higher commercial success than it's currently having.

I think people should stop justifying the Ukrainian victory based on whether they like the song or not. The song won due to politics, this is the elephant in the room. The question is whether you endorse this or not. You can say you appreciate that Europe showed its solidarity for Ukraine and it's a good message. I accept that. But saying that the song won solely on its merits is detaching yourself from the reality.
your speech is out of blue.

First: you talk just for yourself.
Second: i like the song and i sing it whole day
Third: loads of people in Italy do the same.

Conclusion: You have no idea of what people like.

hijirio

Veteran
Actually, with all this promotion, the song is trending in Turkey at #10-12 for the 3rd consecutive day. While the show itself is at #5 and people have watched the show before our victory and your news and thankfully they keep watching it. Better thank us for promoting Eurovision in your country :rolleyes:

WTF you really think Ukrainian victory made esc popular in Turkey?? dkldfhjgdfhd Just another example of how Ukraine-centric and how detached from reality you are. During the 1st semifinal top 2 trending topics on Turkish Twitter were #Albania and #Eurovision2022 and during the final it was #Spain #Chanel #Eurovision2022 (I have screenshots but who cares lol)

xrofl
Actually it has gained as much streams on Spotify, on its 1st day after the final, as Duncan and Salvador combined (excluding local streams). 2 times more than Netta.
Grand final performance trended at #4 in the world (among all videos, not just music) on Youtube and the official video at #5 at the same time!

The song has trended in 47 countries (15 #1s, #2-3 in 11 more countries because the show was at #1, only Sam Ryder prevented them from #1 in the UK) , including USA (not even Zitti e Buoni could do that), Canada and New Zealand. It was on Itunes in friggen Botswana & Mexico :lol:
:rolleyes:
I don't know what's your source but it's very close to SloMo in the daily number of streams, (despite the former's crazy media exposure and the latter re-uploading the song to Spotify with Eurovision Edit). We will see the real impact of Stefania 10 years later. All songs will keep on gathering streams, but no one will talk about Kalush in a month when the news about them start to fade. I think it will be another Running Scared case. I might be wrong, but let's seeeeeeee

hijirio

Veteran

hijirio

Veteran
I don´t argue that the song won "solely on its merits" - I heavily dislike comments like "it only won because of politics".
Well, the song is not rubbish by any means. It's a nice song but I believe many would argue with me if I said Shum was superior and winner-material. This time last year I was hearing Shum everywhere in Turkey, yet I've seen Stefania only on the news in relation to the war.
Every year we have dark horses, maybe it could have been Ukraine this year, but it's a very small likelihood imho cuz the song is not getting the massive commercial success in comparison to the media coverage provided. (as a matter of fact, after the first semifinal, for a long time my NQ queen Ronela :al: was having more views than Kalush on YouTube :D )

Seeing "Moldova" being ranked #2 in the televoting, it´s not unlikely to see Ukraine finishing higher than UK, Spain, Sweden in the televoting.. even without the war.
It is all based on assumptions, we will never scientifically prove if it would have won without the war or not.
But the Moldova comparison is not really convincing me.
Poland, Azerbaijan and Australia had similiar songs. In the 2nd semifinal Poland got 114 points from the televote, Australia got 74 and Azerbaijan got 0.
I have to express my subjective opinion here but Moldova was far more accessible than Ukraine. Rap is difficult to sell in Eurovision, especially if it's in Ukrainian which most of the participating countries don't understand. :D

Navn Navnes

Ukraine was way better than Spain and Uk anyway(and definetly way better than Sweden) , so i am happy with the result from a musical standpoint. Uk was an Ok song with amazing vocals. Spain was an ok song with very good choreography. But Ukraine deserved to win over those two because the song was better. Of course it definetly got many political votes, but it was a great song so i am happy it won, even without thinking about politics.

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
WTF you really think Ukrainian victory made esc popular in Turkey?? dkldfhjgdfhd Just another example of how Ukraine-centric and how detached from reality you are. During the 1st semifinal top 2 trending topics on Turkish Twitter were #Albania and #Eurovision2022 and during the final it was #Spain #Chanel #Eurovision2022 (I have screenshots but who cares lol)
WTF you said it yourself: "The song is all over Turkish news and we're not even participating" :unsure:So the political factor actually helped to promote Eurovision in your country? Speaking of being detached from reality, I meant YT trends, but here are Twitter trends (I have a screenshot as well) right after all performances when trending figures were at peak:

1. Eurovision
3. Ukrayna
4. İspanya
5. #Ukraine
9. Spain
11. Chanel
14. Moldova
24. Azerbaycan
29. Sırbistan
30. Norveç
31. Serbia
34. İtalya
39. Norway
41. Greece
42. Australia
45. Hollanda
47. Poland
48. Rasmus

"Ukraine" hashtag usually doesn't trend in Turkish top 50.

I don't know what's your source but it's very close to SloMo in the daily number of streams
My source is the official Spotify chart, not some Twitter post that counted unfiltered streams:

KmA7NuE.jpg

As for today's figures, 453k (almost half!) of her streams came from Spain, Kalush had only 57k local streams. Even with extremely undeveloped Ukrainian Spotify market we're still ahead of her.

Last edited:

soulm8

Not really a surprise... Close ties with Russia
Bulgaria shows extremely big number of support for Putin like more than 50% positive rating , yet the 12 points are going Ukraine way. I guess it’s the refugees voting in many countries as well.

soulm8

soulm8

A
AlekS source was a bulgarian polling company, yougov is british. I know who I trust to provide a more accurate set of data for Bulgaria
Right. Right. And I live in Bulgaria and considere it as a “Russia supporting” country. But believe whatever you like! My point was my country is full with them refugees, who I see all the time in the shopping centers so I guess they might vote as well. Every post about any news about Ukraine are welcomed not really positive. Just like in Serbia. And I’m saying this as really not a fan of Russia lol.

Last edited:

nofuxCZ

Bulgaria shows extremely big number of support for Putin like more than 50% positive rating , yet the 12 points are going Ukraine way. I guess it’s the refugees voting in many countries as well.
You can't give negative votes in Eurovision. It doesn't matter how big the "haters" group is.

Top Bottom