19. :fr: France (8 points)
20. :de: Germany (6 points)
21-22. :cz: Czech Republic (5 points)
21-22. :be: Belgium (5 points)
23. :az: Azerbaijan (3 points)
24. :au: Australia (2 points)
25. :ch: Switzerland (0 point)

GRE

Very interesting fact that Ukraine in televoting got the lowest score from Serbia.

GRE

The televoting score of Ukraine is a new televoting record.
The previous one was from Alexander Rybak back in 2009 with 378 points.

mauve

Veteran
Well, at least in televoting Germany is not last.

200.gif

NeoTen

Here is the public votes results in the grand final

1. :ua: Ukraine (439 points)
2. :md: Moldova (239 points)
3. :es: Spain (228 points)
4. :rs: Serbia (225 points)
5. :uk: United Kingdom (183 points)
6. :se: Sweden (180 points)
7. :no: Norway (146 points)
8. :it: Italy (110 points)
9. :pl: Poland (105 points)
10. :ee: Estonia (98 points)
11. :lt: Lithuania (93 points)
12. :gr: Greece (57 points)
13. :ro: Romania (53 points)
14. :nl: The Netherlands (42 points)
15. :pt: Portugal (36 points)
16. :fi: Finland (26 points)
17. :am: Armenia (21 points)
18. :is: Iceland (10 points)

I remember Europe. Look someone in Moldova is buying votes. I'll pay $1000 bucks for a investigation fr.

midnightsun

Veteran
So basically it is like it has always been (and I predicted weeks ago): :no: once again butchered by the juries.

Actually this year there have been only two countries that are massively affected by the juries in a negative way: Moldova & Norway.

Many countries in the top 10 actually benefitted from the juries, especially in the top 5. Also the last three in the televote rank.

Navn Navnes

I see that the Lithuanian diaspora in Norway have been on it as usual. But probably also a lot of Norwegians seems to like their entries for it to be this consistent. 6 points combined jury and televote 2015(12 point from televote in semi), from televote 12 points in 2016 12 points in 2018, 12 points in 2021, 10 points this year. , In 2017 didnt qualify, but 10 points from Norwegian televoting in semifinal and in 2019 they didn`t qualify, but 12 points from Norwegian televoting in the semifinal. I realy liked Sentimentai, so i don`t mind.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
:ua: is #1 on German iTunes - even 48 hrs after their performance.

People are willingly spending their money to purchase/consume music.

If viewers had "only voted because of pity, sympathy, empathy", "Stefania" wouldn´t have been #1 on iTunes/not trending on YouTube, etc.

shameless

This is all speculative but I kept wondering how results would have looked like if we had tellyvote in 1993. Do you think BiH would've also scored as high as Ukraine did now? Obviously a lot of publics mindset is shaped by the invention of Internet / social media but the shock of the war in Ex-Yugoslavia was equally as strong as was the solidarity for BiH. I by myself was too young to remember, just recall that I went to a peace march with my family and learned more about it once I got older (also as we now, the situation would unfortunately last for three more years).

Zerocalcare

Here is the public votes results in the grand final

1. :ua: Ukraine (439 points)
2. :md: Moldova (239 points)
3. :es: Spain (228 points)
4. :rs: Serbia (225 points)
5. :uk: United Kingdom (183 points)
6. :se: Sweden (180 points)
7. :no: Norway (146 points)
8. :it: Italy (110 points)
9. :pl: Poland (105 points)
10. :ee: Estonia (98 points)
11. :lt: Lithuania (93 points)
12. :gr: Greece (57 points)
13. :ro: Romania (53 points)
14. :nl: The Netherlands (42 points)
15. :pt: Portugal (36 points)
16. :fi: Finland (26 points)
17. :am: Armenia (21 points)
18. :is: Iceland (10 points)
According to the televoting data, can we or not shout "MOLDOVA ROBBED!"? 🤣

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran

If viewers had "only voted because of pity, sympathy, empathy", "Stefania" wouldn´t have been #1 on iTunes/not trending on YouTube, etc.
+ It has also set the record on daily Spotify Global for any Ukrainian song, which previously belonged to Go_A, twice improving it. The streams difference between them & Sam Ryder, Chanel or Cornelia (excluding local streams) is more than twice.

hijirio

Veteran

This is actually a very poor record in comparison to the previous winners. Of course people will check who won Eurovision, it will draw all the attention. The song is all over Turkish news and we're not even participating, in fact with all this promotion the song is supposed to have much higher commercial success than it's currently having.

I think people should stop justifying the Ukrainian victory based on whether they like the song or not. The song won due to politics, this is the elephant in the room. The question is whether you endorse this or not. You can say you appreciate that Europe showed its solidarity for Ukraine and it's a good message. I accept that. But saying that the song won solely on its merits is detaching yourself from the reality.

Mainshow

Veteran

This is actually a very poor record in comparison to the previous winners. Of course people will check who won Eurovision, it will draw all the attention. The song is all over Turkish news and we're not even participating, in fact with all this promotion the song is supposed to have much higher commercial success than it's currently having.

I think people should stop justifying the Ukrainian victory based on whether they like the song or not. The song won due to politics, this is the elephant in the room. The question is whether you endorse this or not. You can say you appreciate that Europe showed its solidarity for Ukraine and it's a good message. I accept that. But saying that the song won solely on its merits is detaching yourself from the reality.

Being #1 in 6 different countries on Spotify (Top 20 in 19 countries), Top 10 on iTunes in more than 20 different countries is a "poor record"? We´ve had way worse winners underperforming 3/4 days after the contest.

I don´t argue that the song won "solely on its merits" - I heavily dislike comments like "it only won because of politics".
Seeing "Moldova" being ranked #2 in the televoting, it´s not unlikely to see Ukraine finishing higher than UK, Spain, Sweden in the televoting.. even without the war.

Ukraine clearly got an extra push - but they still could have won without the war - Let us not forget that the jury winner "just" ended being #5 in the televoting and the #2 in the televoting got robbed by the juries (almost like "Shum"). "Slo Mo" wouldn´t have got the Ukrainian televotes instead - her song clearly had a different target audience and "Serbia" got robbed by the juries as well.. .and thus, I think that Ukraine still could have won without the war - all of them had a chance to do so - it would have been a more exciting race, for sure - but just saying "Eurovision is all about politics" - "Ukraine wouldn´t have won" and call it a day looks rather dumb, imo.
We´ve had "worse", "more surprising" winners throughout the years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom