Contact us

Televotes vs. Juries - Your guess

JackBauer

Rajo The Danish TV confirmed the top two in televoting was the same as the jury! Germany got ten points in the televote;)

pyryniemi

Spain's low placing in the televotes :( kinda suspected that...
Ukraine 17TH in Semi 2 televotes :O
Switzerland ;(

Mozz

Great, thanks for the link!!
Finally we get to see how the televoters vs juries have voted!

doctormalisimo

Surprised to see how badly Ukraine did so badly in semi 2 televote. Damn juries putting that crap through :twisted:

And Ireland came 3rd last with the juries in the final :/

Mozz

Some people that were all grumpy about Cyprus' La la love's chances being destroyed by "the juries" (yes, they were blaming the juries): better prepare for a SHOCK.

Tinchey

Erm jury votes are extremely odd. I think it would've been better without them. I'm kinda shocked that :ua: & :gr: did so well on the jury votes. Too bad :ru: didn't get much points from the juries. Meh. And :hr: was 7th with the juries. :eek:

Mozz

Also the suspicion that Lithuania must have been helped by the televotes in semi 2 has now been smashed: it was no. 3 with the 3 televoters and 'just' no. 10 with the juries. To me, that's another shocking result.

Mozz

But the most shocking result must be France's televote result :eek: . It's an awful thing for Anggun. I already thought the stage performance was messy and hard to understand. But this is not deserved. Quite saddening.

Tinchey

But the most shocking result must be France's televote result :eek: . It's an awful thing for Anggun. I already thought the stage performance was messy and hard to understand. But this is not deserved. Quite saddening.

I agree, she actually had pretty decent catchy tune. Don't know what happened there, maybe it's all about the draw. :S

rajo

OMG, Switzerland & the Netherlands killed by the juries, Iceland saved by the televote.... Ukraine excellent with juries.... this is so odd....

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Some quite bizarre results. Inparticular Ukraine doing terribly with the public and the jury absolutely loving it, saving it's behind. Jury also giving Georgia a nice 8th, public placing it last. I would have guessed those two would have been the other way round with the public liking them, jury destroying them. Thats really quite surprising to see.

I feel bad for Bulgaria, the jury really wrecked it's chances. The same with Netherlands which I find really quite shocking as I thought Joan's song would have been something the jury would have appreciated.

The jury did alot of damage as well to Turkey in both the semi and final. Lots of damage also done to Jedward (thank the heavens above). Thought Macedonia would have done better with jury than public.

They saved France from an embarrassing, undeserved zero points so thats more proof that the jury are there to do some good and balance things out. Not the best song ever but no way did it deserve an overall zero.

Moldova doing well with the jury is a nice surprise I shant complain about.

Italy did terrible with the public. I knew they would never win since changing "Per Sempre" which I thought did have a chance of winning. However I never thought they would do THIS bad with the public vote.

Rona coming 3rd with them is nice. To be honest, I did not expect the very nice 8th place with the public vote. I just thought the general public would not understand Rona but it seems many have taken her to their hearts.

Although I like the jury being there, could you imagine how exciting the results would have been this year if it was just public? Sweden and Russia constantly switching. Loreen fans having heart attacks haha!

Ok going to faint from typing. Ill stop now.... *breathe in breathe out*

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Some thoughts about the split results:

Sweden - as I suspected Sweden won both jury and televoting. :cool:
Russia - Televoters went crazy about this one. Jury not that much, thank you juries :lol:
Albania - did very well with the juries and well with televoting, whatever theories people make up :p
Serbia - My fave did very well with both :p
Germany - Good results with both :cool: I'm surprised it did so good with televoters after Pastora's powerful performance... Personally I was still thinking about her performance when he sang, and I almost didn't notice the song, while I actually like it
Italy and Spain - Both 'saved' by juries. While Spain was a pretty average song, Italy was an uncommon one. It's not that easy to like Italy after a first listening :? I suppose that's the reason why it didn't succeed with televoters. Predictable its success with juries though.
Estonia - Better result in the televoting than the previous songs. But considering how good it is, I'm surprised with this being out of televoters' top 10.
Turkey - as expected 'saved' by televoters. Thank goodness juries didn't like this. IMO there wasn't much to be liked anyway.
Ukraine - This one was quite my biggest surprise :eek: Televoters didn't like this and jury did. I thought it was the other way round!
Greece - Oh these 'silly' televoters!! :lol:

Terence

My thoughts...

Albania - exceed my expectations. Didn't think the public will get it, or maybe I was biased.
Turkey - did great on televote, crap with juries (far too bad!!)
Greece - like Turkey
Estonia/Spain - both were juries' darlings. Thank God for the juries here!
France - wow, I never believed this would trouble the top 10, but a nil-pointer from juries is shocking!
Ukraine - they would've lost their 100% qualification rate on televote alone, now that is shocking too!
Georgia - I would've thought this would do well with televotes not the other way round.
Netherlands - the year they finally make the televote top 10, they miss out because of the jury vote.
United Kingdom - shocker.

Terence

Greece was like 5th with televotes and 20th with juries.
Norway was 11th with televotes, 26th with juries
Malta was 23rd with televotes, 7th with juries.
Germany must've been top 5 with juries and 13-14 with televotes.
Russia might have been second in televoting and top 10 with juries!

So I predict!

With Greece I wasn't far off...
Norway - what went wrong there??? I think it was very televote friendly!
Malta - overestimated the juries power.
Germany - wow, it actually did better with televoting! Glad about that though
Russia - well they JUST missed the juries' top 10!

Norway was the shocker for sure. (And I never had Turkey as a "jury-unfriendly" song)

JackBauer

I just knew it Anggun was going to be last since i heard her song! but thanks to the jury for saving her as i think it would have been when of the worst (best? :lol:) 0 points ever, really undeserved!

But that means the Swiss and Icelandic jury had her in their top 3 ! I love them for being a little crazy lol xheartxheart

Top Bottom