Contact us

Sydney

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Flag_of_Sydney.jpg

WELCOME to SYDNEY'S official WV thread!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official results of this region:​

BernadetteCydonia

WV 89: Sam Sparro - Black & Gold | 25/27, 79 pts. (f) / 11/29, 69 pts. (sf)
WV 90: Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars | 24/30, 35 pts. (sf)
WV 92: Dean Lewis - Waves | 7/28, 147 pts. (f) / 8/21, 61 pts. (sf)

Ringdalen

WV 140:
Stand Atlantic - Hate Me (Sometimes) | DNQ (f) / 23/28, 43 pts. (sf)
WV 141: 5 Seconds of Summer - Easier | DNQ (f) / 21/29, 50 pts. (sf)
WV 142: Wave Racer feat. Kwame - Summer Rain | DNQ (f) / 22/26, 31 pts (sf)
WV 145: The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber - Stay

Last edited by a moderator:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WELCOME to SYDNEY!!! ❤ [no debut yet]

Finally a debut xheya

My first WV entry for Sydney was the reason I wanted New South Wales in the first place. :lol: As the song I have in mind is 1) by a Sydney-born Sydney resident (I hope...) so it's obviously eligible for Sydney, 2) one of my all-time favourite songs ever that I heard on VH1 one day and sort of fell in love with it, less than around 4 years ago. I hope it will be treasured here once upon the entrance. xlove

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Re: WELCOME to SYDNEY!!! ❤ WV 89: Onwards to Turkey with one of my fave songs ever

Good luck xcheer

Eulaliya

Re: WELCOME to SYDNEY!!! ❤ WV 89: Onwards to Turkey with one of my fave songs ever

Good luck on your debut Orore! xcheer

JSSArcos

Good luck xcheer ! I have high expectations on you xheat.

nekoisneko

Good luck Svaj Sist!!!! xrunhug

Looking forward to your recap review.
Oh wait, we do not have recap in here :/

BernadetteCydonia

I didn't think this was possible but Sydney has a flagicon now!
23px-Flag_of_Sydney.jpg
xheya

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

7YVzkBp.png

This pic will be here because the first post will be edited with my (and Sydney's) results in WV ;)

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WELCOME to SYDNEY!!! ❤ WV 89: Sam Sparro - Black & Gold

::sydn AAAND IT'S ON! ::sydn

ILx4Kl0.png

This is my grande debut(e) in WV so I guess it's for the best to make it big! :D xheya

Why this song?

Like I said, this is one of my favourite songs ever xheart I've fallen in luuuuhv with it ever since its one of the few first listens on VH1's 'Guess the Year' (yup, our VH1 doesn't have reality shows on there xheart). It is simple, elegant, dance-pop-sy, and Sam's voice on here is rather sexy. xheart

May I add it's not the first forum contest that saw this song sent especially from me :D If chontono still was here, he'd know, as this also was in WFSC and famously ran-up in the year with most Australian wins in that contest :p (this was before Australia joined ESC a year later, now they're ineligible to participate)

So yeah, I better be getting that sweet good result for my debut. Onwards to Turkey! xcheer

LeadingMaleDove-max-1mb.gif

keng of cloning himself earlier than Emmy Liyana

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

WV_89_qualification_banner_rehosted.gif

Qualifying with a song I love means so much, if not the world, to me so thanks for voting it to the final! :D

BernadetteCydonia

yay our final banner xheya

OYegK0P.png

vote Sydney, thaaaanks xlove
but only if you like it enough to vote it xD

BernadetteCydonia

idgi why editing a post makes likes vanish... but thanks to Amir and Gera11 for originally liking my song announcement post :D

(now still waiting for Liza to reupload some other banners that radikal.ru has eaten and the final one for Sydney will be fixed xheart)

BernadetteCydonia

^ k this post was entirely useless BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? THE FIRST EDITION FOR SYDNEY IS FINALLY OVER! xcheer

I'm actually lukewarm to my result because I don't really show too much happy or sad emotions in front of a computer screen while results are happening (and when I do, I feel like I transmit myself out too awkwardly :p) and what is a 25th to me anyway? Just another place to hang by my online internet profile... instead of something I should care about for years of my existance... though after such a start with that 12 from Germany (danke schön to whoever's running it at the moment!) to 25th place in the end... it's just like me at the top of a high mountain being cartwheeled all the way down like it was a funride that might have gone tragically, especially if a mountain was going to avalanche at me any second now. But eh, whatever.

Still, I will probably hold "Black & Gold" dear to my heart for years to come aside from all these music contests. Afterall, it's one of my favourite songs xheya And in the end Sydney's just getting started, so stay tuned for Sydney's second WV attempt and we'll see you all very soon with it. :D

p.s.:

Ausesken

I started in WV with a DNQ, so you've done well and you will probably do better over time :D

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WELCOME to SYDNEY!!! ☆ WV 90: Onwards to West Nederland with something astronomical

Time for hinting at our 2nd entry... which is sky-related, one way or another! Whatever will it be, I hope it does at least decent enough... hehe :D

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WELCOME to SYDNEY!!! ☆ WV 90: Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars

::sydn HERE WE GO AGAIN! ::sydn

Jtc0sHw.png

Why this song?

I listened to it full out of sheer curiosity after hearing the famous intro of it being played in other places. And it turned out to be catchy! I felt like it needed more love as a song itself rather than as a meme because it's almost 9 years old as a song! Just a tiny tad younger than my previous entry (released in 2008). :D So that's why I sent it.

Enjoy, folks! xheya

tumblr_m7sefySLj91qjrlw4o1_500.gif

Last edited:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I just wanted to say thank you for having the guts to send this glorious meme hit. Enjoy a gift from me to you.

BernadetteCydonia

It's time to shut another chapter of Sydney down.

It was unsuccesful, I know, but I can't always qualify everytime so I'm not too worried. ;) I'm only glad I could share "Shooting Stars" as a song to all of you, not just as a meme. And good that there were people that appreciated it! :D xclap So on we will land to another place as part of Sydney for the very next edition here in Sweden(?).

p.s.:

BernadetteCydonia

Re: WELCOME to SYDNEY!!! ♒ WV 92: Onwards to Australia with some surfboards ✌

The third (and the final one for now) Sydney entry is finally on! Sorry for not sending it earlier :/

It's somewhat aquatic, from the 2010s and many people will remember the name of the artist(s)... you'll see why :lol:

Top Bottom