And oh-oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Boys do cry
And how they cry

Mountains they crumble
And rivers, they run dry
And oh-oh-ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Boys do cry

Franzilein

Guess this will strongly depend on the live performance. People wrote off Portugal's jazz piece last year as well, wonder if Marius is able to convince in a similar matter. The lyrics contain a just as sweet message.

And he delivered xheart So happy for him to get his message across, what an intimate performance!

Fluke

He genuinely looked surprised to qualify. He was probably told that he didn't have a chance.

Sometimes i wonder if juries actually like the songs they vote up, or just put songs like this on top to spite and sabotage likely televote favorites like Latvia and Albania. This song is just a bad attempt at psuedo-jazz. Bad songwriting, misguided choice of artist. Marius himself did okay, i guess, but he shouldn't have been there with this song. Last place in the finalis possible, unless juries are as adamant about voting this up as they were now.

soulm8

I loved his voice. It was beautiful.

GermanBango

Probably finished 10th but hey, third qualification in a row for Switzerland

Realest

Wow.. :ch: swiped the Floor with the ESC-Fandom :D
Anyway.. Congrats Neighbours.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
This just has to be a jury save, and why I don't understand? It's even generic for their taste and he didn't even do a particularly good performance.

I would have much preferred the neighbor Austria than this, sure her vocals wasn't all that, but at least it was fun and mood-lifting, this is completely forgettable and not even the vocals were that good either.

mauve

Veteran
Just because he has a good voice can't be the criteria to let such a bland Christmas song pass. There would have been other songs that had deserved it more!

Deleted member 12761

Great performance! Not my favorite song but happy that Switzerland made it! At least one of the two Dach countries!

A-lister

Veteran
Just because he has a good voice can't be the criteria to let such a bland Christmas song pass. There would have been other songs that had deserved it more!

He doesn't even have that good vocals, but yeah we know the juries treat this as "The Voice" but in this case it's almost parodic, the song is even bland for their taste and the vocals were even quite bad at some times (and this for a guy who don't even move) xshrug

Ezio

Veteran
I love the song but I hated the staging. This was so uncomfortably cheesy.

Fluke

This just has to be a jury save, and why I don't understand? It's even generic for their taste and he didn't even do a particularly good performance.
As i posted about in several other threads, i got the feeling the jury is putting dull, boring songs on top just to spite everyone else. They don't even like these songs, they just want fun, popular entries to fail because they're outright sadists who enjoy making Eurofans cry. I guess then, boys do cry...

Mainshow

Veteran
I voted for him, he moved me, he sang from his heart.
My parents loved it as well - it was my father´s second favourite tonight (his favourite was Greece).

I honestly believe that people liked it - it was criminally underrated amongst fans straight from the beginning.
I would have swapped the song with Austria but honestly, my parents disagreed with me and they fell in love with Switzerland - I can totally see juries voting for it.

When "Switzerland" got announced as a qualifier, I was in shock, though - and :ch: was even the first country to be announced and I was like WTF - now my prediction is already a mess.
But honestly, the performance wasn´t my cup of tea but I can totally understand why some people seem to genuinely like it - he´s a surprise qualifier, for sure, but it´s deserving, imo,.

Top Bottom