Sans toi
Derrière mes paupières
Trouver de l'air

(Ah)
Tout l'univers
Nos deux cœurs sous la terre
Au milieu des failles et des ressacs
Nous nous retrouvons au point d'impact
Comment soigner nos coeurs qui éclatent?
Tout l'univers​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
Entries like that freaks, from Ukraine with their mad folk tunes win very often. So it's strange to hear that you say your favourites didn't win for many years. It's me, can say that my favourites didn't win - actualy never won since 2011 & 2012.
What kind of freaks did truly win in the past years? What do you understand "freaks"? Is Netta is a freak? If so, it is rather a rarity that songs like this won over the past years. Duncan, Salvador, Jamala, Mans ect - they rather represent more listenable music for me. My last entry I liked was "Fairytale". So MY fave even is behind 2011. Lol. And btw. don't call them freaks. Some of those freaks make more authentic music than Ell & Nikki.

Last edited:

Quent91

Watched the semi with my boyfriend. This was the one which caught his intention. He basically talked throughout the whole show, but these three minutes he was as silent as a mouse. Gjon nailed it, he is simply a class above everyone else – at least in this semi.

Same with my boyfriend

make them vote for Switzerland on saturday's final

Laepo1

What kind of freaks did truly win in the past years? What do you understand "freaks"? Is Netta is a freak? If so, it is rather a rarity that songs like this won over the past years. Duncan, Salvador, Jamala, Mans ect - they rather represent mediocre music for me. My last entry I liked was "Fairytale". So MY fave even is behind 2011. Lol. And btw. don't call them freaks. Some of those freaks make more authentic music than Ell & Nikki.
Dont let Salvador hear you! jk

As far as I remember only Lordi could be considered "freakish" with the staging. Other than them... I don't see any. Unless sapsan is putting pop songs in the basket "authentic music" and all of the others in "freak music".

(and btw, nothing wrong with being a freak)

Shadowfuxcs

Without any intend of exaggeration I feel I have never been moved so much by a eurovision performance. The feeling I was left with after watching Switzerland yesterday was the same I had when I was 17-18 and felt emotional with music for the first time. Gjon's voice has this quality that makes me feel a resonance inside me. It is really hard to explain with words I guess.
The staging is amazing and manages to combine pieces that don't work 100% on their own like the dancing and the outfit but together they create a narrative that is very emotional and artistic. There are many elements but Gjon has an amazing presence and manages to be on the spotlight all the time. It is great to see how he has matured though his eurovision journey and now he is also visually embracing his inner androgyny that comes across so naturally in his voice. There are moments where he looks like man, then a woman, then a child.
The dancing is unnerving in the best possible way, giving the impression of watching someone moving like there is no one watching. There's some amazing dynamic between the technically perfect vocals and the akward movement that makes it so human and relatable.

Overall this performance had a much bigger impact on me than I could have hoped for, even with liking the song in the first place. This is how you take a product that is already a perfect 10 and make it 11.

midnightsun

Veteran
Very well written. I agree with everything.

Two things I also noticed positively yesterday:

1. He sang less falsetto, like he did in Répondez-moi. Which is difficult because your normal voice has to go that high. But it doesn’t sound whiny in some parts any longer. It proves what a strong voice he has and how capable he is.

2. The most adorable thing I‘ve ever seen in Eurovision: his little smiles at the beginning when the audience was cheering. He was so happy YET he was able to stay professional and continued singing concentrated and on point while you could see the spark in his eyes of all the joy and love he felt.

Shadowfuxcs

Very well written. I agree with everything.

Two things I also noticed positively yesterday:

1. He sang less falsetto, like he did in Répondez-moi. Which is difficult because your normal voice has to go that high. But it doesn’t sound whiny in some parts any longer. It proves what a strong voice he has and how capable he is.

2. The most adorable thing I‘ve ever seen in Eurovision: his little smiles at the beginning when the audience was cheering. He was so happy YET he was able to stay professional and continued singing concentrated and on point while you could see the spark in his eyes of all the joy and love he felt.
Yeah I was so glad when the first chorus hit and he sang it they way he did. When he goes high with the head voice he doesn't sound human, it's like an instrument that has not been yet discovered.
I also like how he did the jaw movement during the falsettos, similar to the repondez moi clip where he has this strange and effortless stare while hitting the notes. Gjon gets credit for his voice but he is also very talented as a visual performer. He can change his facial expressions in a way that can make him look like a different person. Especially at the last part where the purple lighting comes on he changed the shape of his face in such a way that made me feel like all his worries were gone and he was 10 years old again ready to start new just like the stage was potentially ready to be rebuilt after just collapsing.

Milos-BC

The studio version, for me, is still the best song of this Eurovision.

The vocal performance was astonishing but the staging was offputting :( It's not bad, just inappropriate for a song like this. I like the atmospheric feel of it, and this choreography takes off a lot of that impact (for me at least) :( Him alone with a star-filled background and some planets (something like the iconic Austrialian 2019 entry) would've been perfect. Also the dancing moves are completely unnecessary. He looked like he is about to enter a boxing ring at one point.

With that staging, I now doubt he can win. It has Kristian Kostov and Sergey Lazarev vibes and that's the kind of result I'm expecting here. Which is still great, but sadly, I think :ch: missed the chance to win.

Last edited:

Yoozek

Without any intend of exaggeration I feel I have never been moved so much by a eurovision performance. The feeling I was left with after watching Switzerland yesterday was the same I had when I was 17-18 and felt emotional with music for the first time. Gjon's voice has this quality that makes me feel a resonance inside me. It is really hard to explain with words I guess.

Take into consideration that he performed after Samanta. His voice was like honey for our bleeding ears.

Iker

Veteran
SJB did a good job, the staging was excellent. Weird, but it really worked for me.
I would not call the staging excellent but it is good and very original. SJB did a much better job here than for Malta that looks like some generic Melodifestivalen staging.

Jasi

Hmm okay, I'm also much into curls so I think I wouldn't mind, but his hair in the semi final was just flawless. Also glad he got rid of his beard as in the music video

Top Bottom