Sans toi
Derrière mes paupières
Trouver de l'air

(Ah)
Tout l'univers
Nos deux cœurs sous la terre
Au milieu des failles et des ressacs
Nous nous retrouvons au point d'impact
Comment soigner nos coeurs qui éclatent?
Tout l'univers​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
I would love to be able to sing it close to how he does it. In theory it should be within my capabilities as my voice type is - tenor but I think I would rather attempt it at least one full octave lower or sth, lol.

astatine86

Oh man, I wanted to like this so, so much. Having enjoyed Repondez-moi a lot, my expectations were high. I mean, the verses are beautiful, but the chorus is a bit of a let-down. Way too high-pitched for my liking. 1 octave lower would be absolutely perfect. 5p for now.

Datura

great to see so many people loving it, i honestly prefer repondez-moi (which was my favourite last year), i'm not really warming up to this (yet)

Reader

Oh... he carved out this little hole in my chest and sipped up my soul. And I even didn’t mind. So beautiful...

Cheeseo

So this is my first post, it is a little letdown from Repondez Moi but I still like it. Im just a little bit worried, last year I got instant goosebumps but not really now. Maybe it will come after some few more listening? Nevertheless I'm still happy - Tout l'univers AHHH xpray

• La La Love
Reactions: Mrm

aef

Okay so you know what? At the first listening I didn't like it at all. But I instantly gave it a second try and then the song and the music video totally grew on me!! It's a bit like with last years entry for me. I'm not completely sure which one I like more by now but hey, I really appreciate the quality here and listening to the song is giving me a very pleasant feeling! So it needs to get :10: points for now.

Euterpa

I listened to the song and thought "ok, good song, nothing special". Then I saw all the posts about how amazing it is and that it sounds like it could win it all, saw it climbed to #1 in odds. Then I thought - ok, well obviously I missed something, I have to hear this again. Listened to it the second time, I liked the song a bit more than the first time. Waited a few hours, listened to it the third time and I think I came to my final conclusion.

I really like how the song starts. It starts quietly and is building up and his voice is really nice. But then when the song starts to build, he switches into this falsetto sound and refuses to let it go. His falsetto sounds nice and he is great at it, BUT it really should be used here and there. I find it a bit...exhausting to listen to falsetto for almost 2 minutes. I can't get used to it.

Not even Mariah sings her whole choruses with whistle tones only. Just because you can do something with your voice, doesn't mean you should do it non-stop.

I appreciate the song and it's certainly one of the better ones this year, but I wouldn't call it a winner just yet (I still prefer Voilà to other songs, by far).

Mainshow

Veteran
What the hell... I had to upgrade this to :10:

I can't believe I gave it such a low score (7) when I listened to it for the very first time.
I have to defend myself, though, I was getting a migraine attack, had to wear a blindfold and get some rest and that falsetto voice of his as well as that uplifting and energetic Coldplay sound in the chorus didn't help much.

It's a perfect Eurovision entry, very effective. I will probably have to upgrade this, dunno. Well done, :ch: !

Mrm

Veteran
So this is my first post, it is a little letdown from Repondez Moi but I still like it. Im just a little bit worried, last year I got instant goosebumps but not really now. Maybe it will come after some few more listening? Nevertheless I'm still happy - Tout l'univers AHHH xpray
Welcome, delicious cheese! :love:

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member
OH

GOD

I

JUST

CAN'T

giphy.gif

Lesson learned. Never vote after listening to the songs less than 2/3 times. Bumping this already to a :12: and Gjon is a contender to steal Black Mamba from my first spot at my ranking.

THIS. IS. JUST. TO. DEEP.

giphy.gif

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
This is really good! :mrgreen: Not quite as good as Répondez-moi but that was an insanely high benchmark to meet. I'm sure this will keep growing with me over time but for now, it's a :10:

Loindici

Veteran
I cant remember the song. Can I listen to it again, please?

Uh, this is also a problem for me. It took me several times to recall the chorus alone.

Yoozek

I. Just. Can't. Compare. THIS. To. "Sugar".

I'm sorry.

EDIT:
Oh, actually I can. The only thing I can compare with that dream-team-produce is the accident in the video. Such carcrash will happen when they turn on Natalia's mic in May.

Frenchbaguette

Beautiful ; Gjon's tears will get 12 points from France, i'm ready to take the bet. He is extremely popular here, and his new song just confirmed why he is famous : he is an incredible artist.

WHAT A DAY TO BE ALIVE

I still want Bulgaria to win over this, but Switzerland welcome to the top 10 again. It lacks a little je ne sais quoi to really be a winner according to me, but oh well, 2 songs in french in the final, who am I to complain ? My patriotic soul is just singing along and it is well enough to make me happy.

Bonne chance aux Helvètes !

midnightsun

Veteran
It’s not too melancholic for you?

A bit, yes. I would have liked it better in another year. It’s still quality and winner material to me. It’s the video I struggle with the most; the lyrics aren’t too pessimistic even if it sounds a bit like that at first sight. Then again, I have to polish up my French. I speak French but maybe not too well to get everything. I didn’t have time to dive too closely into the lyrics yesterday.

midnightsun

Veteran
I think he is definitely a contender for victory. If you appeal to all kinds of audience you will.

Neither Italy nor Finland nor San Marino nor France are for everyone.

Imho the only serious contenders at the moment are Switzerland, Bulgaria and Lithuania. But I think „On fire“ had better chances than „Discotheque“ and „Getting sober“ more than „Growing old“.
So imo Switzerland is the most probable winner so far and I would be over the moon for him if he did!

VikingTiger

Switzerland will be one of the jury favourites this year I'm sure. The televotes? That depends also on the staging AND what other songs are finally chosen. This song is not very instant, but if they manages to make an impact making this song even more anthemic on stage it could also do really well amongst the televoters.
Another top 10 is probably, a top 5 is reachable. Who will be fighting for the top 3 is way too early to say.

ory26

Arcade, french version !!

The song start too slow, the "good" part start in the middle of the song but only to finish with this stupid high not !! when singers will stop to do that, it's just ugly.

No memorable moment too. At least, with "Voilà", you remember and sing the voilà part or the dance alone part in "Discoteque"

mauve

Veteran
I am still disappointed that the song is such a step back for me compared to last year when I gave 12 pts. This time I can hardly remember the song at all... none of the so-called contenders for the win excites me: Neither Switzerland nor Bulgaria nor Lithuania ...*sad*

Top Bottom