2 1.1%

8 4.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Switzerland-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Nemo89

Head of delegation said that "its not gonna be a classical ballad staging and will definitely stand out"
Which terrifies me tbh.
The staging they could adopt is a black and white background with some dancer playing a person in a room. The Swiss singer will sing and approach these dancers who will make simple dance steps just to emphasize the staging. This is what I think but I can be wrong. However, Switzerland will play the victory but "being terrified" is exaggerated. We are not talking about Sweden used to being at the top of the ranking.

Preuss

Her middle name is dark and inconsistent
as long as she’s only working with Switzerland this year, I’ll think she’ll be fine

midnightsun

Veteran
SJB better not screw this up for them. It just needs to be him and have a simple and atmospheric setting for the staging.

I agree. They have to focus on his face. The song is amazing, of course, but to be perfect the visuals have to be on point. The video is very much of a plus for the song, especially his facial expression.

Basically, it's the total opposite of Arcade. Well, Arcade won, but it was neither first in the jury vote nor the televoters and I found his live performance rather weak and they focused too much on his face. Duncan didn't know to play with his face, he was insecure.

Gjon, on the other hand, needs to be in the spotlight. If there's too much on stage (and yes, SJBhas been exaggerating much most of the times that's why I'm a bit worried too) everyone will be distracted from the voice, which is the main advantage.

They can't rely on the lyrics because apart from a minority, most viewers won't understand what it's all about. And I don't want this to be seen as "another sad and depressing ballad". Of course, the song IS sad, but they must stress its POWER! Not the mourning part. That's too much imo.

crashworld

Veteran
I agree. They have to focus on his face. The song is amazing, of course, but to be perfect the visuals have to be on point. The video is very much of a plus for the song, especially his facial expression.

Basically, it's the total opposite of Arcade. Well, Arcade won, but it was neither first in the jury vote nor the televoters and I found his live performance rather weak and they focused too much on his face. Duncan didn't know to play with his face, he was insecure.

Gjon, on the other hand, needs to be in the spotlight. If there's too much on stage (and yes, SJBhas been exaggerating much most of the times that's why I'm a bit worried too) everyone will be distracted from the voice, which is the main advantage.

They can't rely on the lyrics because apart from a minority, most viewers won't understand what it's all about. And I don't want this to be seen as "another sad and depressing ballad". Of course, the song IS sad, but they must stress its POWER! Not the mourning part. That's too much imo.

I think they may put the English lyrics for the significant parts of the song on screen (like what Italy did last year) so that people who don't understand French will be able to appreciate the lyrical meaning of the song.

crashworld

Veteran
If u are here for the win - a big nono.

And why is that so? I know Italy didn't win but it works for Italy in both occasions (2018 and 2019) as we know Italy usually doesn't put in alot of effort into their staging and they got them 2 top 5 placings overall (and televoting).

MalagaToledo

Banned
Each year I have a big fan favorite song that I dislike. This year this honour is for Swizerland. I cannot connect to it, impact 0. I am even surprise about the fact people like it so much. 4 points.
I agree with you. But keep in mind that this could finish in top 5 with the jurries. I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes in top 10 at the end. From Albania they get max 24 points. For me this song is a bit depressing, but I even hated much more luca hannis song last year and now I could even replay it. I even think that she got me is better than this one.

Puma11

I mostly feel sad for this song because it was my absolute winner.:cry:

Even if they send him again (I hope they will), it's hard to expect that they'll make same masterpiece. What a shame.

Puma's tears. xexcuseme

Iker

Veteran

Even if they send him again (I hope they will), it's hard to expect that they'll make same masterpiece. What a shame.

Puma's tears. xexcuseme

I am sad too.

Franzilein

Puma's tears. xexcuseme

Same. Would've been my winner by a landslide and I don't think the staging or live performance would've changed anything. Hot damn, this is so devastating.

r3gg13

This is such a haunting song. Almost gives me the 1944 vibes. Lyrics are also beautiful. Gjon's voice fits this song so well and meshes so well with the instrumentation.

Top Bottom