2 1.1%

8 4.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Switzerland-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

esc87fan

If Gjon also has some input into the staging, I'm sure Sacha will take that on board and create something magical to fit the song

Nemo89

I first heard it today, not to my taste, a very boring ballad in my opinion
How dare you? xshock1:This is a masterpiece! xangry All the people of music joined shouting the "masterpiece"!xlovexrose

Seriously ... I wonder ... isn't this song being overestimated? xfacepalmThe same happened for the Lithuanian song that seems to be the new "Waterloo" xyaay... maybe because we are all starting off like Napoleon in defeat? xqueenbitchSame thing for Bulgaria ... "Getting sober" seems to have come out of the "Frozen" sets xblushThe Switzerland song is not a bad song but it is part of those sounds heard and listened to ... and at some point it is also quite anonymous xbored ... maybe it's the charm of the French language? xthink Or just that a song is released and everyone shouts "It's the best!" xshockxyaaay; maybe this is ... there have been people who praised the Little Big and The Mamas... xgaahxwall

What makes me smile is that all impressions will change at the beginning of the ESC. Everyone will begin to draw water to his mill and when some realize that their nation will not win, they will direct their vote towards the "friendly nation":gimmefive:

If Italy does not have to win, I prefer that Georgia or Germany win. They are the best songs xclapIn the end, if Georgia and Germany don't win, if I have to see other songs win, I prefer Belgium or Switzerlandxshrug

Mrm

Veteran
60 X 12 xclap

Decayingbooks

If you missed it:

Uto

Veteran
If you missed it:

This isn't blowing me away when it really kind of needs to do that. Of course, this doesn't have proper staging and all that, so it's always hard to really impress, but just listening to it the problem of him having a song that's basically too difficult to pull off remains.

Granger699

This isn't blowing me away when it really kind of needs to do that. Of course, this doesn't have proper staging and all that, so it's always hard to really impress, but just listening to it the problem of him having a song that's basically too difficult to pull off remains.
If u read the comments someone says that he was singing for atleast one hour before this. So of course its not gonna be a top notch perfomance,especially with all of these instruments. Its just too much. Im an eurovision fan for long enough to say that judging participant's random live perfomance is a big mistake and can never be taken too seriously.

Sammy

Veteran
Me neither. It's sad considering that I should be able to connect with it quite easily because of the lyrics, but I just don't.
you know, my issue is the connection music and lyrics. The natural rhythm of the words in french seem to contradict the musical rhythm at times. For instance with the word "famille", which is stressed in french on the last syllable, whereas here the melody demands a stress on the first one. Or with the line "sans jamais s'arrêter": the rhythm of the music puts the stress on the "ê", whereas the normal pronounciation would in this case stress the last syllable. This makes me feel at times as if the lyrics where not written for this melody. It creates a stressful atmosphere which once more goes against the slow melody and the sad character of the song.

Now one could argue that this is a perfect depiction of the troubled psychological state of mind of the "lyrical me", and if so - well then it's a great song but this troubled mind-feeling just makes it impossible for me to enjoy the song.

Uto

Veteran
If u read the comments someone says that he was singing for atleast one hour before this. So of course its not gonna be a top notch perfomance,especially with all of these instruments. Its just too much. Im an eurovision fan for long enough to say that judging participant's random live perfomance is a big mistake and can never be taken too seriously.
I have not seen any evidence so far to support the idea that he is good enough to really nail it live. Of course I am quick to judge based on a couple of data points, but if that is all I have seen and that didn't convince me why would I not be in doubt about him? I agree with what you say, but given the extreme difficulty of this song the doubt is logical.

Granger699

I have not seen any evidence so far to support the idea that he is good enough to really nail it live. Of course I am quick to judge based on a couple of data points, but if that is all I have seen and that didn't convince me why would I not be in doubt about him? I agree with what you say, but given the extreme difficulty of this song the doubt is logical.
Or...you just have an unhealthy expectations

crashworld

Veteran
I am pretty sure he is able to nail the vocals 'live' in the actual contest. That recorded performance is not even a full on proper TV recording, he was likely to sound "dodgy" (which in my opinion, he was not). And he was singing with a 'live' band. The conditions were different. I have good faith in him.

empo21

Veteran
I can already imagine SJB's staging for Gjon's Tears.

He's alone on stage, singing in front of a black and white background.

Top Bottom