Contact us

SWITZERLAND 2013 - Takasa - You and me

How do you rate this entry?

• Total voters

Terence

I liked this song before the contest, it's very sing-along and all that but the performance left me cold and I wasn't bothered with this qualifying since then!

ParadiseES

5th average place in the semi. First time Switzerland gets this, considering that usually nobody votes for them and jury kill them. I don't get it... :?

esc87fan

A response from the group on their Facebook page:

"We are happy! Our goal was to play for the masses not for the jury! - We did great, Europe - that means you - wanted us in the Grand Final.
We played for you and us!"

GWTW1939

5th in the televote behind the big power houses that AMAZING!! xyaaay I would really like to see a video of their jury rehearsal cause seriously 2nd to last :?

DanielLuis

I am surprised how well they did in the televote. The performance was incredibly boring.

Impressive

Banned
Deleted

CPV4931

Before the contest, I thought, that Switzerland won´t reach the final because of the televoting. So their televoting-result is indeed surprising for me...

eugoose

I am surprised how well they did in the televote. The performance was incredibly boring.

I agree. I loved the song. But every year, I find a song I like ruined utterly by poor staging. This year, it was Switzerland. Great song, and the lead singer's positivitiy was just radiant , but standing in a line and singing next to the 95 year old grandpa, who looked like he's been forced to stay up past his bedtime, and forgot to take his pills...is not great staging.

I'm glad their song, shone through though.

Kristina

I simply LOVED Switzerland in this semi, along with Azerbaijan and Greece. Such a shame juries put it off. :( The staging could have been indeed much better though, but still it was sweet, warm and fun.

GWTW1939

I know people going around claiming the only reason they did well in the televote is because they had people from the Salvation Army everywhere mass voting for them but is it also a possible reason why they did so poorly with the jury? I remember when they were first chosen there was a conversation on the internet in many places about their stance and treatment of gays. Is it possible that was on the mind of the jury too?

esc87fan

I put the politics behind me, what matters is that I love the song

I don't know if anyone noticed, but in their performance in the semis they never got to perform the second verse of the song - they did the first verse and chorus, but then it jumped right to the bridge and final chorus repeats. They did the whole thing in all their rehearsals, I found that kind of strange

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Unlike the Bulgarian entry, I'm not really that upset with the Swiss entry missing out on the final because of the jury vote :p

Edward

If I overlook (or forget for a while) their performance on stage last year, this song turns out to actually be pretty decent if I just listen to the mp3 track.

greece

This was really underrated actually. But I suppose that when your running order is before :ro:Cezar this happens.But it should have been in the final.It's a great song (My #5 last year) and I think that the performance wasn't something special so it's exactly the same for me.

I hope that this year they will be in the final xcrossed

Brandt

A nice version if you like the song.

Top Bottom