How do you rate this entry?

• Total voters

Impressive

Banned
"We build castles with our hands, on a solid ground they stand
They’re our shelter from the storm, to keep us safe and keep us warm
No, there’s nothing that can hurt us, whatever there may come"

that's all about churches and places of worship

"we’re together you and me" so this is about their belief that god is with them always.

"This is how it’s meant to be" indicating this s how it should be for everybody.

The bands name means to cleanse and purify.

Home means family and family brings love. Love can save us from every dangerous things like STORM and it will KEEP US SAFE AND KEEP US WARM. NOTHING CAN HURT US because our love can handle with every single thing. There is a similie between HOME and CASTLE. Castle can be only with LOVE. WE'RE TOGETHER YOU AND ME. THIS IS HOW IT'S MEANT TO BE, this is how love has to be (reproof to treachery). Can you show me which part easily has a wave to religion? What word makes you think nothing is about two people's love?

Art is subjective. This is how I interpret lyrics and nothing is wrong with that.

Impressive

Banned
Well, firstly you have to establish to context they're in which is the fact that they stand for a religious institution. And that was so important to them, that when forced to change their name, they found a way to round up the situation without losing their identity. And adding a double meaning, as the word takasa means to purify in some dialect of theirs.

Roughly, they're saying that the world is lost, full of jealousy and hate, nothing's like it used to be, but that they themselves are saved, nothing can touch them, they couldn't separate them. Why? One could think it was because of their love for each other, (love is tradidionally a redeeming feature) but you notice that the word love is never mentioned. So, because you know who they are, they aren't just a bunch of friends getting togetther to sing a song, you know God is the reason.

That's what's meant to be is really very telling.

Just not using the word "love" directly doesn't mean this is not about love. [offtopic]You can explain mouse without the word mouse. [/offtopic]
"That's what's meant to be" has been explained in my last post as well. Still the same.

EVEN, IF it would be about believe and God, this caters every current religious belief. And there is nothing wrong with that.

eugoose

Poor staging really let them down, and I don't know why they insisted on having that 95 year old grandpa on stage when he wasn't even (a) singing and (b) doing anything. He just looked tired, and his fingers once in a while tried to tug a string on that fake double bass. I didn't get the impression that Takasa were really trying to indoctrinate us with religion, rather it was a song about unity that could be interpreted as having religious undertones.

Lesson learned though. That's why taboo issues shouldn't be raised in competitions xmusic

debemaks

Please don't ******** with religion, they don't have ever tried to gain or to indoctrinate anyone! The text is positive and is about love, exactly like 90% of the song in this competition and 99% of the song in the world!
Let's speak about the song: they had a poor performance and ihmo male and female vocals were not armonized. Studio record is 100 time better quality. Performance was still. Really a pity since I love this song from first listening!

Stuff

How their performance would have been better, The girl and the vocalist should have walked around that big stage. Their background should have been uplifting instead of that depressing rusty metal that looks like its from the horror movie hostel. The 90 year old man should have been in a pedastal. Beckham should have keep doing the tricks he do before, though I know he stop doing it because of an accident. I think their vocals are alright, production kills them.

Scooby

For me this is the song with most romantic lyrics this year, and thats the major reason why i love it! So sad we cant see this in final again. But "You and Me" will stay in my player!

Stuff

Production really matters, I remember how high expectations on how their love performance would look like. They move around the stage when they were doing guestings and they use to have a choreography but they quit doing it.

I think they should have started entering the stage with the red car they used in the music video.

dogmeat

"The whole world has gone to crap but we're fine because we believe in god" and "our churches are the safest places in the world" and "you should all believe in god"

You're mad, you know? The lyrics say that whatever happens in the world, our love will keep us safe and sound. This could be romantic love, love to god or any other kind of love. Whichever it is, it's an equally beautiful message. How can you hate it?

esc87fan

I wrote a blog piece at Eurovision.tv's fan section after the second semi-final about the group, and shared the link on their Facebook page (which I now follow). Not only did they like it, they featured it on their page complete with a Twitter link and it has over 300 likes! It was just my way of saying that they might not have made it to the final, but they did win in some way - new fans, a chance to perform on a global stage, and lifelong memories. You have no idea how happy and honored that made me.

:ch: :12:

Here's the link if you want to read it: http://www.eurovisionfamily.tv/user/mysticgirl916/blog/?id=222822

Jeansy

You're mad, you know? The lyrics say that whatever happens in the world, our love will keep us safe and sound. This could be romantic love, love to god or any other kind of love. Whichever it is, it's an equally beautiful message. How can you hate it?

Never said I did, in fact I said I liked the song, I think the song is great but I just personally think it breaks the rules that is all.

dogmeat

You can't "personally think" something breaks a rule or not. In this case, it does not.
http://www.eurovision.tv/upload/press-downloads/2013/Public_version_ESC_2013_Rules_ENG_FINAL.pdf
The lyrics and/or performance of the songs shall not bring the Shows, the ESC as such or the EBU into disrepute. No lyrics, speeches, gestures of a political or similar nature shall be permitted during the ESC. No swearing or other unacceptable language shall be allowed in the lyrics or in the performances of the songs. No commercial messages of any kind shall be allowed. A breach of this rule may result in disqualification.

Religious content is allowed in ESC. Don't you remember that Molitva won in 2007?

Jeansy

esc87fan

I guess people interpret lyrics in different ways. In my view, it tells me that no matter what life throws at you, if you stay united and trust in one another there's nothing you can't accomplish - it pretty much sums up their journey through this whole competition process with having to change their name and all that. In the end, they might not have qualified for the final (I was surprised after seeing the semi 2 results that France loved it and even Australian mock voters had it in their top 10), but they got to perform in front of hundreds of millions of people and thousands in the arena. I'm sure if they decide to enter the Swiss final again sometime down the road, they could possibly find ways to improve

Milos-BC

Too bad. I really liked the song but they were too static on the stage, and it didn't really work out.

crielo

They didn't want to move a lot because of Emil - the old man - but rather focus on a good vocal performance. This decision made sense, even though it decreased their chances to qualify. I'm fine with the result mainly because there's an obvious reason (uninteresting stage performance) we didn't qualify this year. And I don't they will participate again in the national final. Even if I liked our entry, I hope we will send something more contemporary next year, "You and Me" was kind of an old-fashioned song.

Musicosity

I agree. Great song... not so great staging.
There was almost no staging at all. But they could have made the song more interesting as well by changing the refrain melody. I think it was too similar to the verse and made the song too repetitive.

Welcome crielo!

Impressive

Banned
Maybe staging was bad but Takasa's You and Me is still better than most of qualifiers.

Top Bottom