Contact us

SWITZERLAND 2013 - Takasa - You and me

How do you rate this entry?

• Total voters

Impressive

Banned
What do you think? Could Carrousel take top 10 and bring :ch: to final? :)
(Carrousel -- Second of Swiss NF)

Yamarus

Sorry for Switzerland fans, but I just detested everything about that song so I'm relieved.

esc87fan

At least they gave it their best shot

Tinchey

I hope Switzerland will regret for not sending amazing Carrousel like Impressive said, it probably would've qualified... they was just... there... eh.

atlas

Even though I like this song so much, I can't say I was surprised that it didn't qualify. I guess even they didn't expect to qualify, and just wanted to transmit their message on a grander stage than their own country, Eurovision being the perfect place, and they did.

In my opinion Swiss people should not be ashamed for sending it, this is only a failure if you look at it from the qualifying point of view. And I'm absolutely sure that wasn't Heilsarmee's main goal.

Jeansy

I liked the song, but I would have been angry if it had qualified, I really didn't like the messages hidden in the lyrics, but they got to broadcast their message across Europe so I'll bet their somewhat happy.

hijirio

Veteran
My 2nd place out of 39 is not in final.
And Armenia, my last place is in.
Nothing more to say. :/

Jeansy

What messages??

"The whole world has gone to crap but we're fine because we believe in god" and "our churches are the safest places in the world" and "you should all believe in god"

Impressive

Banned
I guess Armenia is always your last place, right? Sad.

I don't think this is politic act. Armenia is awful. You don't need to be Turkish or Azerbaijani to hate that song, this feeling comes by itself.
[/offtopic]

i anixi

"The whole world has gone to crap but we're fine because we believe in god" and "our churches are the safest places in the world" and "you should all believe in god"

Nobody sees it like that, although I think it's pretty obvious. Takasa wasn't a music band, they were agents from an institution chosen to pass their message. But most people are just too superficial and they had to have the word GOD splashed three times in the chorus to understand its real meaning xshrug

I think it was all very nasty and rule breaking. I'm very relieved they stayed in the final.

Impressive

Banned
Of course it's not written like that. But it's implicit. Quite clearly. Do you even know what that is?

Just tell me which part makes you guys think so. I interpret lyrics very across side.

Jeansy

Just tell me which part makes you guys think so. I interpret lyrics very across side.

"We build castles with our hands, on a solid ground they stand
They’re our shelter from the storm, to keep us safe and keep us warm
No, there’s nothing that can hurt us, whatever there may come"

that's all about churches and places of worship

"we’re together you and me" so this is about their belief that god is with them always.

"This is how it’s meant to be" indicating this s how it should be for everybody.

The bands name means to cleanse and purify.

i anixi

Well, firstly you have to establish to context they're in which is the fact that they stand for a religious institution. And that was so important to them, that when forced to change their name, they found a way to round up the situation without losing their identity. And adding a double meaning, as the word takasa means to purify in some dialect of theirs.

Roughly, they're saying that the world is lost, full of jealousy and hate, nothing's like it used to be, but that they themselves are saved, nothing can touch them, they couldn't separate them. Why? One could think it was because of their love for each other, (love is tradidionally a redeeming feature) but you notice that the word love is never mentioned. So, because you know who they are, they aren't just a bunch of friends getting togetther to sing a song, you know God is the reason.

That's what's meant to be is really very telling.

Top Bottom