12 7.7%

4 2.6%

15 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

ESC94

Today it was time for :se: at the ESC kompakt songchecks.

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny - Yeah, it doesn't hurt, but it's also pretty standard pop stuff. “Unforgettable” lives above all from the impressive staging, which looks a lot like a music video, but doesn't seem quite as artificial as Benjamin Ingrosso did back then (who, by the way, has made himself real, just listen to his current stuff!). M&M's contribution this year is worse than their Mello attempt "Air" last year and also worse than the obvious role model Eric Saade in 2021. This will of course do quite well again, but more like top 10 than top 5. :6:

Berenike - Unforgettable” promises a lot at the beginning: I think the intro with the “Blobb” sounds is great. After that, the track unfortunately flattens out and becomes too similar, both in terms of the arrangement and the vocal melody, there are no variations, the song sounds the same for 2:20 minutes and something new only happens towards the end. :4:

Douze Points - First of all, I like how goal-oriented and almost dogged Marcus and Martinus are in pursuing their ESC dream. It would have been much easier for them to get to the ESC from Norway, but they chose the detour via Sweden. Respect. Their contribution to Malmö is more mature than “Air” last year. The voices don't excite me. But the song is modern and the production is once again spectacular. :8:

Flo - This will undoubtedly be a good show opener for the finale. The production is more than successful and certainly one of the best in recent years. Behind it lies good, solid, catchy electro-pop. Something bothers me (in general) about Marcus & Martinus' vocal tone, even though they and the song as a whole come across as much more adult. Still a solid performance that Sweden doesn't have to hide behind that. :7:

Manu - I'm one of the few people who didn't seem to be able to do as much with “Air” last year. Things are a little different with “Unforgettable”, it has atmosphere, great staging and musically it doesn’t always follow the same pattern. I also like the Faithless elements in the chorus. Well done again, Sweden. :7:

Max - I absolutely love the song and the great staging is really just the cherry on top. “Unforgettable” is actually classic pop that has these electronic/house elements in the drop that just catches me. The Swedes are good at this and finally an entry like this has won the Mello again. As mentioned, the performance is of course already ready for Malmö and will hopefully come across even stronger there. I don't really listen to the song over and over again, but it's still one of my favorites this year. :10:

Peter - Probably because I'm always very close to Mello, I've heard "Unforgettable" so often that I no longer have the song on my must-repeat playlist. Mello Recap: The staging is breathtakingly cool and sexy (something like that would have been great for AOTR), and the Norwegian twins are likeable (Instand Sympathy) and impressively professional for their age. The song is very ok, but there were more exciting things in Mello. :10:

Rick - This is ESC perfection in my opinion. “Unforgettable” is not only a catchy tune, but also contemporary, produced to a high standard and, on top of that, staged in a futuristic way. This has everything you need for a successful post that stays in your head. Marcus & Martinus aren't the best singers, but the voice isn't really important for such a cool number. Great cinema again from Sweden! :12:

Ezio

Veteran
Very nice and interesting overthoughts on why Sweden doesn’t win the televote: lack of crowd engagement.

Top Bottom