5 1.9%

2 0.8%

15 5.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

DanielLuis

Why has Loreen shortened that much on the Melfest bets?
She had 15% and Maria Sur 14%.

Only coz of this pic of the videoclip??
FoD6SuwXoAEe3gK
Crystal Ball supposedly heard the songs of SF2 and SF3 last week and they said that Maria Sur's song is as cliché a ballad as it gets, it might have come from there. Also, Maria Sur is on this Saturday's semi-final I think, isn't there usually a press conference on wednesdays where the press can hear the studio version of the songs? Maybe they weren't very impressed there

Realest

Why has Loreen shortened that much on the Melfest bets?
She had 15% and Maria Sur 14%.

Only coz of this pic of the videoclip??
FoD6SuwXoAEe3gK

Because of the Crystall Ball Leak.

empo21

Veteran
Heat 2 snippets are out. Can't decide if it's the same as Heat 1 or sliiiightly better.

Quick thots:
- What is it with them putting the two most boring songs back to back (songs 2 and 3 are once again slow tempo/ballads).

- Everything feels soulless and made by the numbers. Theoz's song has some energy to it, while Maria Sur can likely put some emotion live.

- It's likely Wiktoria winning the semi. Maria Sur 2nd DTF. Theoz and Panetoz AC.

- I'm gonna be very surprised if I'm wrong because there's a very clear line of 4 qualifiers and 3 obvious NQs (more than the mello usual)

Deleted member 12761

Maria's song is cute. I like it. Panetoz song is a bop. The rest is uninteresting.

Sammy

Veteran
This heat is really underwhelming. I‘m particularly disappointed with Wiktoria.
@DomeAloud
„cute“ ? - with those lyrics and that background? how come?

mauve

Veteran
All songs are very polished and uninspired. Not a single song that makes me excited. But I did not expect much, so it is okay. ;)

randajad

Veteran
I just hope they have chosen the worst prt of Wiktoria’s song because that was underwhelming at best. Others I won’t comment. Theoz, I was rooting for you 🥲

tsegaye

I have access to the rehearsals and Wiktorias song picks up the pace efter the first minute, but it's still quite calm for being an uptempo. I feel like the inspiration behind it was songs like Sexual by Neiked, and I love that song so I get why you would be inspired by it but the melodies feel a bit too weak.

On stage she's dressed in a pink glittery jumpsuit and has four backup dancers, she dances a little bit more than Tone last week but still very controlled. She sings flawlessly and the stage is very pink and glittery in general, nothing special happens except for a big W prop that is rolled into the background before the last chorus.

HarryUK

Wiktoria coming in with another gorgeous entry. I’m in love :love:

alca

Crystal Ball supposedly heard the songs of SF2 and SF3 last week and they said that Maria Sur's song is as cliché a ballad as it gets, it might have come from there. Also, Maria Sur is on this Saturday's semi-final I think, isn't there usually a press conference on wednesdays where the press can hear the studio version of the songs? Maybe they weren't very impressed there
I don't know how it's possible for the Crystal Ball to have heard the songs unless that person is part of the SVT production (or as they allegedly posted that they got fired by EBU because of those "leaks").

We listen to the songs every Tuesday morning.

ESC_Peggy

I don't know how it's possible for the Crystal Ball to have heard the songs unless that person is part of the SVT production (or as they allegedly posted that they got fired by EBU because of those "leaks").

We listen to the songs every Tuesday morning.
The press I follow that heard Heat 2 after Crystal Ball's press conference (lol) last week did confirm some of their thoughts. They were very specific about some of the lyrics. It's a mystery. :unsure:

alca

The press I follow that heard Heat 2 after Crystal Ball's press conference (lol) last week did confirm some of their thoughts. They were very specific about some of the lyrics. It's a mystery. :unsure:
Hm... I don't know. Then it can't be someone from the press if Crystal Ball posted before the press listening of the songs (I don't follow Crystal Ball so I don't know anything). But anyway, we (press) listen to the songs with earphones and camera's on us at all times. I doubt anyone would risk their accreditation just for some fun on Twitter.

And again, it's impossible to have heard the 3rd heat songs already (if they're not part of the production). Maybe it IS a magic crystal ball after all. :ROFLMAO:

tsegaye

I was actually pleasantly surprised by Eden's song in full. Still very sleepy but it's cute. She sits on a stool and sings to a female guitarist, then an orchestra appears on stage and she continues interacting with the guitarist, walking back and forth to her. I have a hard time seeing this being top 4 though.

ESC_Peggy

Hm... I don't know. Then it can't be someone from the press if Crystal Ball posted before the press listening of the songs (I don't follow Crystal Ball so I don't know anything). But anyway, we (press) listen to the songs with earphones and camera's on us at all times. I doubt anyone would risk their accreditation just for some fun on Twitter.

And again, it's impossible to have heard the 3rd heat songs already (if they're not part of the production). Maybe it IS a magic crystal ball after all. :ROFLMAO:

Crystal Ball will be holding another impromtu press conference on Sunday to answer fan questions about Heat 4. xyaay

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
I honestly believe that heat 2 is not as weak as heat 1.

There´s obviously no "highlight" like in heat 1 - I think that Jon H´s EDM-joiking track could be very successful at Eurovision but overall, I think that heat 2´s songs are more interesting - especially Eden´s song.... unfortunately, Eden´s chanceless since Melodifestivalen is more about well-established and popular names - I expect Panetoz (hate that song!) and Theoz (meh), Wiktoria (I do not dislike the snippet as some of her previous attempts) will definitely advane to Andra Chansen or directly to the Final.
Maria Sur will go through as well, I believe.. but oh boy, that would be my least favourite Swedish entry since 2009.

simori95

I do think heat 2 is a BIT better than the first one. Most of the songs (judging by the snippet) are at least a bit more memorable and a bit more interesting, but none of the songs really reached me. Wiktoria to me was still by far the best, but that might be personal bias, however I really like the verses and I see potential that the second chorus could be more impactful and that the song picks up some steam. For me the only sure qualifier.

Maria Sur's song will be injected with meaning because of circumstances, which could help elevate it. The song itself appears quite uninspired and formulaic for me though. Panetoz sounds fun but not exciting, Theoz was a grower last year so let's hope for the best, but in my opinion the melody is way less catchy. Eden was very pleasant, I could see me listen to that in the background a bunch of times, but for a competition where the song is on a big stage, as of the snippet I don't see it. Grytan as a song is unpredictable to me yet. My first thoughts were "dated" and I already wanted to skip, but somehow it ended up being quite cute (please don't send it to eurovision though).

Realest

Maria and Viktoria obviously.

Top Bottom